Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Long way folks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting season methinks
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:46 pm

We look good, and from a long way out I'm confident (which is rare), that being said... anyone can lose to just about anyone on any given day.

In my opinion, if we continue to play positive footy through out the year and have a little bit of luck with injuries, our depth should get us there abouts.

Its our year to lose.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:51 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Interesting season methinks

Interesting season, but maybe not in a good way. It's not right when so much depends on injuries, unfair fixtures and luck, methinks.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:00 pm

Injuries aplenty and that 4 day break Anzac Game 2018 and the final goal in GF (the luck part)

We endured the above last year with injuries and unfair & got to the big dance

The luck part we did not endure that twist of fate goal

That said that was just year and the game starts again but we have improved
in our group —-all will be revealed in the fullness of time

E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:03 pm

melliot wrote:
Cats look the best so far. Playing the best footy. Beat the better opposition. But long way to go.

no way. The Eagles are the team to beat, again. They got up to play us and we were no match. I reckon we'll beat the cats easily. They aren't that good. They just started the season more ready to compete than we did. i reckon we are at least 5 goals better than the cats.

We are worthy premiership favorites. If this team stays on the park, its gonna take a very very good team to beat us.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:31 pm

The 'experts' change from week to week so there's no point taking too much notice of it.

Two weeks ago the Eagles were the flavour of the day after beating us.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:45 pm

I want us at 8-4 at the bye.... or better.

We will then launch into the 2nd half of the marathon, with a negative split.
2019 my friends, is the year of the Magpie!

The 4/1 for Collingwood to take the flag this year, is a license to print money.
The 3/1 to beat the enemy on Thursday by 40+ is very inviting. I really can't wait for WHE & Wells to return to the 18, Sier, Levi, Daics, Lynch, Wills, Reid & Goldy ready........ and some.

#Flagpies2019.... Believe Cool
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:56 pm

E wrote:
melliot wrote:
Cats look the best so far. Playing the best footy. Beat the better opposition. But long way to go.

no way. The Eagles are the team to beat, again. They got up to play us and we were no match. I reckon we'll beat the cats easily. They aren't that good. They just started the season more ready to compete than we did. i reckon we are at least 5 goals better than the cats.

We are worthy premiership favorites. If this team stays on the park, its gonna take a very very good team to beat us.

Agree with everything, except the team to beat. For me it's Port.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:27 am

swooper wrote:
This topic is practically meaningless in Round 5. 🙄

7 of the sides that were in the top 8 after 5 rounds last year, stayed there.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:31 am

One aspect I find enjoyable is other clubs seem to get disected on some footy shows

Last night on Talking Footy North was queried and heaverly discussed ,even to Carey taking up a position which he denied

Melbourne also heaverly talked on —time finished with neaery a mention of us

We are traveling OK considering two losses 0f less than 4 goals in both

Let it stay that way

E 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:07 pm

Skids wrote:
E wrote:
melliot wrote:

Agree with everything, except the team to beat. For me it's Port.

that may be true. Time will tell. They certainly put the sword to the Eagles this week. Its amazing how teams can get better even after appearing to trade the present for the future. hats off to them.

melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:46 pm

I still maintain based on the current sample of games (the facts) Cats are the best team. They are on top of the ladder, have played good opposition.

Based on the qualifications used above for other teams;

Lost by a kick to Giants (probably top 4 or top 8 team).

Beat us, despite us having better of general play. They can argue that their midfield has only got better and will compete better next time, just like we can say our forward line was dis-functional. Until we beat them, hard to say we are better..... yet.

Thrashed the Dees. That now looks a lesser of an achievement.

Beat the Crows in Adelaide convincingly. No easy task despite Crows not really being top 8 material by the look of it. Winning interstate against medium opposition, is still notable. (ie. us beating Brissy, take those wins home with pride)

And beat the Hawks convincingly (Wish we could do that!). Hawks are not world beaters, but a no easy beats, thats for sure.

Do I think they will win the flag.? No probably not (Long way to go, yada yada), But on current form, if the finals were played now, You'd say they would be a big chance. They have been the most consistently good team so far, and not just based on playing poor opposition, they have played good to "middle of road" teams. So right now, they are the best team.

Who is better?

WCE, been patchy and inconsistent.
Pies, Lost to them.
Port, maybe. But dropped a home game to a depleted Tiges.
Tiges, Have the injuries taken toll? Got smashed by us. then beat Port. So inconsistent.

If we had the Cats current record, Everyone on Nick's would be spruking Flags for sure!

Watching them most games this year, they are a very solid team. Very solid. They are not flaky at all. Any team to beat the Cats, will have to play well and it won't be all on your own terms. Their defense can hold back waves of I50s for decent periods too. Very solid structure.

If they continue this standard of play, they will be top 4.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:19 pm

On their midfield getting better so has ours since round one

One being good so far coming off a flag the Tiger too were good so far in 2018
then fell within sight of back to back flags

As said it’s a long way and any side playing well can drop form

Geelong look good and get handclaps and plaudits——enough wins without belting losses the pointy end is where real form gets the chocolates most occasions

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:28 pm

A lot of teams are up and down this season, but the general frontrunners so far seem to be Geelong, GWS and West Coast. We're probably in that mix, or close to it, but I'm not wholly convinced yet – let's not forget that Carlton just beat the Bulldogs by a much bigger margin than we did the week before, and the win against Richmond doesn't look like as big an achievement now. I think we played our best game of the year against Brisbane, and weren't far off from beating Geelong, but I think we need a few more results to see whether we're the real deal or just in the broader pack of up-and-down teams fighting for places in the lower half of the 8 (like Port, Essendon, Hawthorn, Brisbane, St Kilda and others).
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:51 pm

Regarding the Geelong game.We went into that game without Adams,Sier and Greenwood,so we were probably about two midfielders short of our best midfield set up.A lot of our players like DeGoey and Howe were seriously underdone and the team was very rusty that night.I think we have a bigger upside than Geelong and will beat them when it counts.The team that really worries me is West Coast.They do seem to have the wood on us at the moment,and we need to find a way to beat them if we're to win the premiership.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: