Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We still cant beat teams in the 8!!! or can we??????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:40 am
Post subject: Re: We still cant beat teams in the 8!!!Reply with quote

E wrote:

3 wins vs teams out of 8, 2 losses vs teams in the 8.

So when do you calculate the ladder position before or after or just to suit your argument?

Brisbane was in the top 4 before we played them and are now out courtesy of our thumping win but it was essentially an 8 point game for us as we would have been 2 wins behind had we lost. It was the same situation when we played Richmond.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The aim of all clubs who believe their premiership window is genuinely open, is to be playing their best footy at the business end of the season.
For mine, in such an even competition, it’s all about just staying ahead of the win loss ratio until around the bye round. All clubs then review where they’re at and plan a strategy to best set them up for a tilt at finals.
I’m not overly fussed who beats us or who we beat in the first half of the season, as long we continue to show more wins than losses along the way.

Given our tough draw for the first month, I would happily take 3 wins from the first 5 games anyway ( and only a kick away from 4 from 5 )
E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:41 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
April is always the best time to start these sort of threads. If the trend continues, you can say what a genius you were, If it doesn't happen, it's well buried & forgotten by the time you've actually played all the other teams

i did this same thread last year and turned out to be a genius. Actually, most of the time i turn out to be a genius. Actually this time, i happened to notice the Eagles got into the 8 on percentage and the lions were 9th on percentage and i noticed it was happening again. I expect that this year we will beat a lot of the top 8. We are much stronger this year than last. Last year we only got good late in the season and just happened to hit form in the finals.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:46 pm

Same problem as last year except beating top 8 teams during the finals and making the GF. Stupid thread.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:32 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
The aim of all clubs who believe their premiership window is genuinely open, is to be playing their best footy at the business end of the season.
For mine, in such an even competition, it’s all about just staying ahead of the win loss ratio until around the bye round. ...

But it's all about injury & fitness management. If you fall behind, you have to burn yourself out catching up. (e.g. Swans 2017 starting 0-6 and making finals, where they collapsed.) If you're well placed, you can manage the players physically.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:01 pm

Wokko wrote:
Same problem as last year except beating top 8 teams during the finals and making the GF. Stupid thread.

you're funny.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:17 pm

Well it seems to be the trend! Well if we beat the Bombers on Thursday. They will drop out of the eight, and we still won't have beaten anyone in the eight! Unless the Tigers or Brizzi win and come in!
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:25 pm

Now we have beaten someone in the 8.Richmond are up to third!
K 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:41 pm

Why are idiots still losing to Richmond?
E 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:08 am

doriswilgus wrote:
Now we have beaten someone in the 8.Richmond are up to third!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I knew it was going to be hard to undervalue that Richmond win for too long!!!

By the way, we have now lost to a team outside the 8 for the first time in 2 years!!!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 am

E wrote:
K wrote:
If we wanted to take this stuff seriously (I assume you don't) we'd judge the "8" on what David calls the "form ladder" (power rankings).

oh my god. David's form ladder. Easily the dumbest thing I have ever seen. The most meaningless analysis I have ever seen. does anyone actually read it?

Its like someone keeping track of our best 22 and simply adjusting it each week to select the 22 named each Thursday evening....

maybe the only thing to rival it for total stupidity is the inxs88 supposed "analysis" of each player every week.... Where in about two thousand words, he is able to give us as much interesting information as we get from a scan of the best players list in the game summary.....

Given your taste in suitable thread topics, I’m going to take this as a compliment. Cool (And I like inxs’s player rankings, too.) But if shitposting is more your thing, go right ahead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:42 pm

This win won’t count either as the dopers will be out of the 8 by the end of round.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:21 pm

The redundancy of this thread should mean it's put out to pasture.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:41 pm

Our record against the top 8 is now 2-1, with our only loss against the clear ladder leaders

Our record against the bottom 8 is now 2-1, with our only loss being against the reigning premiers

/thread

E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:31 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Our record against the top 8 is now 2-1, with our only loss against the clear ladder leaders

Our record against the bottom 8 is now 2-1, with our only loss being against the reigning premiers

/thread

We still cant beat a top four team though (to really break through to the upper echelon). Beating up on the 7th and 8th teams seems to be the improvement this year over last.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: