Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Are our Expectations Realistic?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
We will win the flag easily this year. Lock it in. Cool

It's possible, but since you made that claim in each of the past 8 years as well, that would still leave you at a lowly 11% accuracy.

Last edited by K on Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:06 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Your overconfidence frightens me Embarassed

E 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:36 am

E wrote:
K wrote:
From lots of these threads, it sounds like many supporters believe the only way to enjoy football is to make wild projections about the team.

Projections? These are not projections. They are facts!

Still, having spent years worrying that we weren't good enough (and then finding out that last year you were actually wrong and we had a great side right under your nose), i guess worrying now whether the goodness is really good is something you were born to do.

Go and pour the half half the the water out of your glass mate, and i'll go fill the other half of mine!!!

you feeling better today K?

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:44 pm

Jezza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I just hope Bucks and the boys don't have the same attitude. Smile
Optimism and positivity is good, but being too confident is not, IMHO.

(One of the reasons, by the way, that I would like to see "The premiership's a cakewalk" line changed).
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:32 pm

Haven't read anything bar the thread title.

Realistic expectations? What the?! This is Collingwood, we don't do realistic, ever.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:32 pm

dp.
35reasons 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:01 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
(One of the reasons, by the way, that I would like to see "The premiership's a cakewalk" line changed).

Ironically, it was changed at the beginning of the 1990 season to “Oh there’s just one team we favour” when the club thought the cakewalk line wasn’t appropriate for a club experiencing a 32 year drought. It was changed back in 1991.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:30 pm

AnthonyC wrote:

Realistic expectations? What the?! This is Collingwood, we don't do realistic, ever.

Laughing Laughing And ain't that the truth Anthony!! Very good point!
Do you think maybe that's part of the allure of being a Pies supporter? Wink
K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:06 pm

35reasons wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Ironically, it was changed at the beginning of the 1990 season to “Oh there’s just one team we favour” when the club thought the cakewalk line wasn’t appropriate for a club experiencing a 32 year drought. It was changed back in 1991.

No, that is incorrect. It was changed in 1983 and changed back way before 1990. No one seems to be able to recall how these changes were made known to the fans. Did they just try to play the different version at Vic Park games?
K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:32 pm

E wrote:
K wrote:
From lots of these threads, it sounds like many supporters believe the only way to enjoy football is to make wild projections about the team.

Projections? These are not projections. They are facts!

Still, having spent years worrying that we weren't good enough (and then finding out that last year you were actually wrong and we had a great side right under your nose), i guess worrying now whether the goodness is really good is something you were born to do.

Go and pour the half half the the water out of your glass mate, and i'll go fill the other half of mine!!!

Was that bolded bit supposed to refer to me? When I first read it a few days ago, I thought it was a generic "you" or a reference to yourself. Did you mean something else? (I've never made any predictions here about whether the team will win the premiership.)

On the unbolded bit: It's certainly not right now a fact that Collingwood will win the 2019 premiership. Sadly, it'll never be a fact that Collingwood won the 2018 premiership.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:53 pm

35reasons wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

And it took another 20 years before we won our 15th, with a couple of losses along the way

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:56 pm

K wrote:
35reasons wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

No, that is incorrect. It was changed in 1983 and changed back way before 1990. No one seems to be able to recall how these changes were made known to the fans. Did they just try to play the different version at Vic Park games?

Wasn't the Ronald McDonald 'New Magpies era.

p.s He is Ronald to me, sent us broke the DH

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:27 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Jezza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

FFs peoples, we are supporters, not players or coaches. We have the best team by far and we will moida da bums (whoever they are) to win the flag by 10 goals. Cool Twisted Evil
E 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:22 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Jezza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

FFs peoples, we are supporters, not players or coaches. We have the best team by far and we will moida da bums (whoever they are) to win the flag by 10 goals. Cool Twisted Evil

i'm with Rudey. Let the players and coaches keep a friggin lid on it. I'm all in! Pies will win flag. We are so good it isnt even funny.

Add Beams, Elliot, Roughhead, Moore and an even better version of Grundy, DeGoey, Aish, Phillips, Stevo ..... sky is the limit....

K 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:56 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
K wrote:
35reasons wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
(One of the reasons ... I would like to see "The premiership's a cakewalk" line changed).

Ironically, it was changed at the beginning of the 1990 season to “Oh there’s just one team we favour” ...

Wasn't the Ronald McDonald 'New Magpies era.
p.s He is Ronald to me, sent us broke the DH

Yep, the New Magpies. It's not the only administration that looks bad in hindsight. (They were similarly critical of previous administrations. The guy who wrote the critical history of the club was part of the New Magpies.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: