Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies punish Lions. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very happy to have been there last night and when we click we look as anyone going around.Adams is just a gun and I will publicly apologise to Brodie Mihocek after last weeks pretty ordinary display.He was just about BOG last night and in fact Gary Lyon gave him 3 votes on fox last night. I think we look infinitely better when De Goey is in the middle which allows Checkers and Cox to either mark or bring the ball to ground, allowing Stevo and Elliot to mop up at ground level.I can't wait to come down to Melbourne in a couple of weeks where I'll get the Power and Carlton games in. Go PIES!!
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:06 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Went to the game last night and it was a very enjoyable experience to rub the noses of some of there fair weather fans in it
Sitting outside our box pre match several "lions fans" decided to unload on Beams and the club as a hole
As the night went along I kept asking them "hey your not as loud now lost your voice or soul" by the half way mark of the 4th term they had left
On the game we played like a side who will be a contender come finals time
Don't under estimate the conditions it was humid and our ball use in the conditions was very good considering
Interesting to watch our tactics on Neale. Treloar, Beams, Aish & Adams all spent some time on him over the course of the night and he really didn't impact there performance at all
The umps really need to look how clubs try to stop Cox he was nearly tackled to the ground several,times as the ball was in flight was only his strength that stopped it. He couldn't get a clear run at it
Defensively our best work was done upfield there entries mostly were scrambled and rushed which made defending a lot easier. I watched our set up close in both attack and defence and we had obvious plans.
It goes unnoticed on TV but Checkers does a load of lead up work clearing space for others. JDG Elliott and Stephenson all benefit from his work
In defence Crisp Maynard Howe Moore look great as a group. Roughhead is getting used to our system and looked good. Langdon is a weird player. He does a lot of really good things and his spoiling and interrupting of ball entries are fantastic at times but then he gets completely lost on a hand over or assignment switch and is left looking dumb and caught out
Don't know if it's a communication problem or the message gets lost in translation but several,times last night he was left 10-15m from any player and he was looking around for who he should be on. Adding Moore and Roughhead may have disrupted the communication we had at the end of last season but we will need to fix it sooner than later
Whether it's by design or just happens Langdon needs to either get confidence in his kicking because on a few times last night he should have had a clearing kick instead went for a handball. Howe also doesn't seem to have the same penatration in his kicking like he had last year. He isn't kicking it 30-40m with any accuracy like he used too.
Our running in waves was obvious last night. We always had a players running to open space to support w team mate and give them a option. We simply out worked them all over the ground
Overall we played a good entertaining style of footy that would hold up against any team
If we work that hard every week we will take some beating by any team

All well and good, but us footy fans want the Qld teams to succeed too, just the same. So we want to see the fans return to the Gabba and Metricon too.

Not all blind maggoted fans, some of us love football too!

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
A very enjoyable win , Treloar was amazing tonight , Callum Brown came into his own. Elliot moved really well and De Goey was a beast in the middle. So good to see smug Jonathan Brown having a sook afterwards.

I actually thought Brown (who I don't like) was very generous about our players. he was particularly impressed by Grundy and Mihocek and was gracious about it. I also very much enjoyed Lynch interviewing Treloar in the rooms after the game and helping him explain how completely he had pantsed Neale.

He will give out praise through gritted teeth I can't stand Cake Tin Head.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:00 pm

Born to Pie wrote:
I thought we'd win, but had some nagging doubts, we put all that to bed in the first quarter. On the the whole an even team performance, well coached as well.

Most annoying part of the channel seven coverage was sticking a microphone in Luke Hodge's face whilst getting treatment on the boundary, it's becoming way too much. (Even if it was Hodge)

Would never be allowed to happen if Clarkson was still his coach.
As Dennis Pagan would say “ stay off media street, son “
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
our best tagger, Adam Treloar? Hey, that is a whole new perspective. I think Bucks has just expressed a whole new insight that i was totally unaware of. Need to look into this more to understand it better

I interpreted it as "Our best tagger (in the team on the day)"

Great news, hopefully we have moved on from Greenwood.
It makes so much sense to experiment with the likes of Pendles and Treloar in these run with roles.
Our mid field depth is now strong enough to have quality players assigned jobs for the benefit of the team collective.
The beauty of having quality players take on run with roles is that the opponent needs to respect them equally when we have the ball or at the clearances. Neale wouldn’t believe his luck if Greenwood lined up on him but the moment Treloar started getting first hands on it, Neale had to change his game ( Grundy gets a lot of credit for that too )
The other benefit of playing quality players in run with roles, is that if they don’t get the job done, then you still know you will get plenty from them in another role. You simply can’t guarantee that with Greenwood.

I’m a big fan of the decision and I hope they continue to go that way for the rest of the season.
npalm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:50 pm

SteveH67 wrote:

All well and good, but us footy fans want the Qld teams to succeed too, just the same. So we want to see the fans return to the Gabba and Metricon too.

I'm a footy fan (and maybe also a blind maggoted fan, whatever that is) and I think the expansion clubs are a pox on the game. There are too many clubs in the competition. It dilutes the standard.
And it makes winning a flag harder than it should be. The AFL sponsored Lions robbed us of at least one flag in 2002/03. Will you be happy to see GWS or Gold Coast rob us of another?

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:23 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

Great news, hopefully we have moved on from Greenwood.
It makes so much sense to experiment with the likes of Pendles and Treloar in these run with roles.
Our mid field depth is now strong enough to have quality players assigned jobs for the benefit of the team collective.
The beauty of having quality players take on run with roles is that the opponent needs to respect them equally when we have the ball or at the clearances. Neale wouldn’t believe his luck if Greenwood lined up on him but the moment Treloar started getting first hands on it, Neale had to change his game ( Grundy gets a lot of credit for that too )
The other benefit of playing quality players in run with roles, is that if they don’t get the job done, then you still know you will get plenty from them in another role. You simply can’t guarantee that with Greenwood.

I’m a big fan of the decision and I hope they continue to go that way for the rest of the season.

Thanks P2016. That makes alot of sense. Everything in the game is now trending to variablity, unpredictability and dynamism. If you have a constant tagging role executed by a single player, that is too static and predictable, and the opposition can exploit it. I just love how the game keeps evolving.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:11 pm

Neale's last three games. 25-28-28 handballs. Last night, 16. We cut off his give and goes.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
our best tagger, Adam Treloar? Hey, that is a whole new perspective. I think Bucks has just expressed a whole new insight that i was totally unaware of. Need to look into this more to understand it better

I think Bucks was taking the piss. Dry humour.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:02 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
Most annoying part of the channel seven coverage was sticking a microphone in Luke Hodge's face whilst getting treatment on the boundary, it's becoming way too much. (Even if it was Hodge)

Would never be allowed to happen if Clarkson was still his coach.
As Dennis Pagan would say “ stay off media street, son “

I'm happy for that to happen with oppo players. I'd be very unhappy if it happened with our players. Even speaking to them at quarter time or half time is wrong IMO.

And Media Street guys don't like it either:

"If
Hodgey thinks it is a good idea to combine a well-paid media contract with a football one and provide commentary during an actual game of football ...

then
he might want to re-think it. Talking dribble within-match adds absolutely nothing to the broadcast, nor his now back-to-reality and consecutive-week thrashed team. Focus on your footy club, the media deals can be pursued when you're retired."

(Barrett.)

Last edited by K on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:55 pm

simon tonna wrote:
Geek wrote:
And in a perfect world, how many weeks should Zorko get for his cheap shot snipe on Adams (tht the commentators seemed to totally ignore)

he's a dog.
I hope that sling tackle results in a few weeks.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-19/brisbane-skipper-cops-fine-for-whack-on-magpie

None in the real world, apparently.

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:57 pm

npalm wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:

I'm a footy fan (and maybe also a blind maggoted fan, whatever that is) and I think the expansion clubs are a pox on the game. There are too many clubs in the competition. It dilutes the standard.
And it makes winning a flag harder than it should be. The AFL sponsored Lions robbed us of at least one flag in 2002/03. Will you be happy to see GWS or Gold Coast rob us of another?

On-field stuff aside, look at how much money is being poured into other clubs -- $45 million into QLD & $36 million into SYD last year:

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:54 pm

Cam wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

I think Bucks was taking the piss. Dry humour.

I thought this too!! Laughing
However, the post above from Pies 2016 makes a lot of sense IMHO.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:06 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Geek wrote:
And in a perfect world, how many weeks should Zorko get for his cheap shot snipe on Adams (tht the commentators seemed to totally ignore)

he's a dog.
I hope that sling tackle results in a few weeks.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-19/brisbane-skipper-cops-fine-for-whack-on-magpie

None in the real world, apparently.

that's quite shocking that a come from behind elbow to the back of the head is considered "careless". There was no football action being attempted there other than an a raised elbow to the back of the head. What was it that he did carelessly? I think he executed his intent fairly well actually.

Forget careless. Forget negligent. That should have been "intentional". I would like to hear from Michael Christian what his intent was if it wasn't an elbow to the back of the head???? I guess its because Adams is a tough nut and was able to get up (about three minutes later) it ok for him to be sniped to the back of the head. but the result is not meant to define the intent of the action? You can intentionally attempt to punch someone. You might get off because you dont land it, but its not careless if you intended to throw a punch.

so much for protecting the head!! so much for objective standards. This is a joke!

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:07 am

In the space of a few weeks Michael Christian has shown he lacks the clarity of judgement, logical reasoning, the ability to make consistent determinations, to be in the job. Sorry Chrisso you've been a fail.
I'm not sure how much of this farcical goings-on involves back-room AFL instructions, but we can only call if for what it is.

Much prefe Chrisso as a commentator callng the footy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: