Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies punish Lions. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
We recorded a narrow victory over them in 2018. All the talk was they'd improved in season 2019.
I guess we've improved more.Wink

Maybe. Pity we won't be playing them in the GF.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:03 am

thanks for reference to Age article, K. Yes, interesting concept. Tagging has not been ruled out. It is simply that tagging is no longer the role of any one player, but is done on an ever flexible, rotational basis,.... to keep the opposition guessing who is actually tagging, I guess.
Brilliant!! The game just keeps moving on

PiesFan 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:24 am

Great to win with room to spare - It's pleasing that we've come out relatively unscathed from an injury perspective and not have to push ourselves in the 4th qtr.

While we are still getting some terrible umpiring calls - we've had our fair share of luck with goal reviews. Last week against the doggies - their goal got overturned even though it looked like it cleared the line. We have a similar situation this week albeit in reverse - if there was any consistency, you would think they would have called it touched on the line. And also - Checkers first goal seemed to shade the post.

No complaints here...just concerned about Karma!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:39 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
our best tagger, Adam Treloar? Hey, that is a whole new perspective. I think Bucks has just expressed a whole new insight that i was totally unaware of. Need to look into this more to understand it better

I interpreted it as "Our best tagger (in the team on the day)"

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:56 am

PiesFan wrote:
Great to win with room to spare - It's pleasing that we've come out relatively unscathed from an injury perspective and not have to push ourselves in the 4th qtr.

While we are still getting some terrible umpiring calls - we've had our fair share of luck with goal reviews. Last week against the doggies - their goal got overturned even though it looked like it cleared the line. We have a similar situation this week albeit in reverse - if there was any consistency, you would think they would have called it touched on the line. And also - Checkers first goal seemed to shade the post.

No complaints here...just concerned about Karma!

Concerned about karma??? We’ve copped so much crap over the past 1, 10, 20, 50, 100 years that we’re finally due OURS! Bring on the favourable decisions. More I say!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:09 am

Well done Checkers
Loved your game

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:12 am

3rd degree wrote:
A very enjoyable win , Treloar was amazing tonight , Callum Brown came into his own. Elliot moved really well and De Goey was a beast in the middle. So good to see smug Jonathan Brown having a sook afterwards.

I actually thought Brown (who I don't like) was very generous about our players. he was particularly impressed by Grundy and Mihocek and was gracious about it. I also very much enjoyed Lynch interviewing Treloar in the rooms after the game and helping him explain how completely he had pantsed Neale.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:19 am

Went to the game last night and it was a very enjoyable experience to rub the noses of some of there fair weather fans in it
Sitting outside our box pre match several "lions fans" decided to unload on Beams and the club as a hole
As the night went along I kept asking them "hey your not as loud now lost your voice or soul" by the half way mark of the 4th term they had left
On the game we played like a side who will be a contender come finals time
Don't under estimate the conditions it was humid and our ball use in the conditions was very good considering
Interesting to watch our tactics on Neale. Treloar, Beams, Aish & Adams all spent some time on him over the course of the night and he really didn't impact there performance at all
The umps really need to look how clubs try to stop Cox he was nearly tackled to the ground several,times as the ball was in flight was only his strength that stopped it. He couldn't get a clear run at it
Defensively our best work was done upfield there entries mostly were scrambled and rushed which made defending a lot easier. I watched our set up close in both attack and defence and we had obvious plans.
It goes unnoticed on TV but Checkers does a load of lead up work clearing space for others. JDG Elliott and Stephenson all benefit from his work
In defence Crisp Maynard Howe Moore look great as a group. Roughhead is getting used to our system and looked good. Langdon is a weird player. He does a lot of really good things and his spoiling and interrupting of ball entries are fantastic at times but then he gets completely lost on a hand over or assignment switch and is left looking dumb and caught out
Don't know if it's a communication problem or the message gets lost in translation but several,times last night he was left 10-15m from any player and he was looking around for who he should be on. Adding Moore and Roughhead may have disrupted the communication we had at the end of last season but we will need to fix it sooner than later
Whether it's by design or just happens Langdon needs to either get confidence in his kicking because on a few times last night he should have had a clearing kick instead went for a handball. Howe also doesn't seem to have the same penatration in his kicking like he had last year. He isn't kicking it 30-40m with any accuracy like he used too.
Our running in waves was obvious last night. We always had a players running to open space to support w team mate and give them a option. We simply out worked them all over the ground
Overall we played a good entertaining style of footy that would hold up against any team
If we work that hard every week we will take some beating by any team
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:42 am

And in a perfect world, how many weeks should Zorko get for his cheap shot snipe on Adams (tht the commentators seemed to totally ignore)[/quote]

he's a dog.
I hope that sling tackle results in a few weeks.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:45 am

agree to disagree regarding bruce. Also think Matthews was OK.[/quote]

even when he was calling Stephenson, Steffenson. Mad

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:48 am

Noticed Mitch Robinson was not up and about—he has “Fear of Tay” condition
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:41 am

dp
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:56 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
A very enjoyable win , Treloar was amazing tonight , Callum Brown came into his own. Elliot moved really well and De Goey was a beast in the middle. So good to see smug Jonathan Brown having a sook afterwards.

I actually thought Brown (who I don't like) was very generous about our players. he was particularly impressed by Grundy and Mihocek and was gracious about it. I also very much enjoyed Lynch interviewing Treloar in the rooms after the game and helping him explain how completely he had pantsed Neale.

I’m in total awe of a player who crashed backwards into a pack to take a mark against Hawthorn one day. He can say whatever he likes. The one who leaves a bad taste in the mouth is Alister Lynch who did a few things to us over the years I won’t forget and has nothing useful to say on Foxtel.
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:01 am

I thought we'd win, but had some nagging doubts, we put all that to bed in the first quarter. On the the whole an even team performance, well coached as well.

Most annoying part of the channel seven coverage was sticking a microphone in Luke Hodge's face whilst getting treatment on the boundary, it's becoming way too much. (Even if it was Hodge)

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:03 pm

I suppose the Thursday night game and big win gives us a great start to the long weekend/holiday period to Anzac Day.

Our last Thursday night game this season which is good though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: