Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Vegan "Terrorists"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

terrorist
/ˈtɛrərɪst/
noun

1. A person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Yep, that's the Vegans. Scumbags need a good thrashing.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:54 pm

I may have missed it, but what violence did they use again?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:01 pm

https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/victoria/gippy-goat-cafe-closes-amid-contant-vegan-activist-abuse/news-story/6ba17ab6d2fbee44a46bd042a242e54d?nk=78c26af436822da51e5fccf82d705a5a-1554785926

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/vegan-protesters-storm-melbourne-steak-restaurant/news-story/a99c20f1de1e59e027b097b239da9eb1

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/news/Vegans-Have-Invaded-An-Aussie-Farm-As-Part-Of-The-Biggest-Protest-The-World-Has-Ever-Seen
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:19 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
David wrote:
I’m not so bothered by the CBD protest – all protests involve some form of disruption – but I agree that the other actions were a bit over-the-top and probably counterproductive. But animal-rights activists have never been known for restraint.

They chased a cow into a fence and it cartwheeled over it, they should be charged. I agree re the ones in the city, my daughter took pics of em in the middle of the road, not as many as it looked on the news, it’s the angle you take the shot at.

They are doing themselves n9 favours that’s for sure, and more importantly the animals they supposedly speak for.

Can you list the 9 favours then? Razz Wink

Hehe, I hate the iPad keyboard that has the numbers above the top line, I do this all 5h3 bl99d6 58m3.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:31 pm

Wokko wrote:
https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/victoria/gippy-goat-cafe-closes-amid-contant-vegan-activist-abuse/news-story/6ba17ab6d2fbee44a46bd042a242e54d?nk=78c26af436822da51e5fccf82d705a5a-1554785926

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/vegan-protesters-storm-melbourne-steak-restaurant/news-story/a99c20f1de1e59e027b097b239da9eb1

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/news/Vegans-Have-Invaded-An-Aussie-Farm-As-Part-Of-The-Biggest-Protest-The-World-Has-Ever-Seen

I'm not necessarily defending their actions, but nothing in any of those articles comes close to constituting violence.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:59 pm

^

One of them has been charged with assault.

Quote:
Victorian police charged 40 people, including two 17-year-olds and a 15-year-old, with a total of 122 offences over the protests.

One person was charged with assaulting police outside the Melbourne Aquarium. Another was charged with possessing a drug of dependency.

The most serious charge facing the bulk of CBD protesters – 38 out of the 40 charged – is obstructing emergency workers, which carries a maximum penalty of five years in jail.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/forty-vegan-activists-to-face-court-in-june-over-monday-s-cbd-protest-20190409-p51ccl.html

Interestingly Dandrews has profiled them as being unlikely to be able to pay if the Police pursued costs against them, as they did against people on public speaking engagements who attracted crowds of protesters requiring Police presence. When do you only fine people who you think can afford to pay it?

I very much doubt any of them will see gaol time, it would be useless as any who got incarcerated won't reform their views or behaviour in prison and they'll only become martyrs to the rest of the activists.

Interestingly, I heard a farmer on the radio this morning who fears these imbecile activists coming to his farm while he's out away from the house, so he's got 2 loaded firearms for his wife with instructions to shoot first ask questions later if they come to the house.

Normally would fly as self defence under our laws, but if you had 20 people storm your house screaming insults, what constitutes reasonable force? I'd start shooting and take my chances later personally.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:36 am

Happily, there is a separation in our society between the executive and the judicial arms of government, so I didn't take the Premier to be making any comment about how the courts might view this conduct and what (if any) penalties might be imposed upon findings of guilt. I actually thought he was just trying to belittle the protesters by commenting adversely on their financial resources.

Also, note this: https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/union-march-to-shut-down-cbd-roads-for-three-hours-disrupt-trams-20190409-p51cki.html

And this: https://www.theage.com.au/national/vegan-activists-spectacularly-inconvenient-but-morally-right-20190409-p51c9q.html
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:14 am

Firstly these direct action protesters and their emotional theatrics convince no one, what works to bully and intimidate in the university class room doesn’t work in real life.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-08/vegans-turning-aussies-off-veganism/9944244
Any of these people used bug spray?, Or lived in a house?, Or used transport?.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/pop-psych/201311/curious-case-vegan-moral-hypocrisy
None of the crap they do makes any kind of logical sense, Perhaps the real test should be for these people to live in a rain forest for six months only surviving on plant matter and killing nothing, no tools, no clothing; just their deeply held ideology .

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:00 am

stui magpie wrote:
Interestingly, I heard a farmer on the radio this morning who fears these imbecile activists coming to his farm while he's out away from the house, so he's got 2 loaded firearms for his wife with instructions to shoot first ask questions later if they come to the house.

Normally would fly as self defence under our laws, but if you had 20 people storm your house screaming insults, what constitutes reasonable force? I'd start shooting and take my chances later personally.

You might get away with that in America, but you wouldn’t have a leg to stand on here. Indeed, I wouldn’t be surprised if the police have already paid that farmer a little visit.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:26 pm

^

You would get away with in most states in America. Here it would come down to the test of what's reasonable force.

If I wake up to find a stranger in my kitchen and just shoot them, I'm in deep shit.

If a woman has someone break into her house, let alone 20 or more people, and she can demonstrate she has legitimate fears for her life or that she may be raped or otherwise assaulted, I reckon she would have a good chance of arguing self defence

Anyway, I heard that the government (not sure if state or federal) was increasing the fine for trespass to $1000 which may alleviate it. The Vegan protest spokesman was just on the Project not happy about it. The guy has a future in politics.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:50 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

You would get away with in most states in America. Here it would come down to the test of what's reasonable force.

If I wake up to find a stranger in my kitchen and just shoot them, I'm in deep shit.

If a woman has someone break into her house, let alone 20 or more people, and she can demonstrate she has legitimate fears for her life or that she may be raped or otherwise assaulted, I reckon she would have a good chance of arguing self defense

See; this is why I don't bother with firearms anymore, I keep a (black band) Co2 fire extinguisher or 2 handy, best self defense weapon there is, one spray in the face and then claim confusion. Also handy for the odd cooking disaster.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:21 pm

I have a short barrelled legal registered shotgun in the gunsafe. I also am able to lock the doors to that area from the inside to buy me time, so depending on how fuzzy I wake up, I can secure my space and have a loaded shotgun in just over a minute.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:09 pm

Pi wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

If a woman has someone break into her house, let alone 20 or more people, and she can demonstrate she has legitimate fears for her life or that she may be raped or otherwise assaulted, I reckon she would have a good chance of arguing self defense

See; this is why I don't bother with firearms anymore, I keep a (black band) Co2 fire extinguisher or 2 handy, best self defense weapon there is, one spray in the face and then claim confusion. Also handy for the odd cooking disaster.

thats a bloody good idea!!

handy for me too, i tried to cook roasted chestnuts today, forgot to put a hole in there, opened the oven door and it sounded like a submachine gun, one bit got me in the eye!! and OMG my oven is a mess! The few that survived tasted great!!

i should know better, i have a scar on my hand from a chestnut. we used to collect them in bedofrd park and make those click clack things on a string, and i tried to make a hole in one with a skewer, whet 3/4 of the way through my palm!!

cooking just aint my thing!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:27 am

stui magpie wrote:
I have a short barrelled legal registered shotgun in the gunsafe. I also am able to lock the doors to that area from the inside to buy me time, so depending on how fuzzy I wake up, I can secure my space and have a loaded shotgun in just over a minute.

No ones interested in your VB singlets and Jack Daniels jacket Stui. Razz

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:49 pm

I decided to put this here rather than create a new thread. As it's behind a pay wall, I'll quote selected pieces.

Quote:
A judge has lashed out at one half of a Sydney vegan couple who had their three children taken away from them after police found their 20-month-old girl was severely malnourished and suffering from rickets face five years in jail.

The Downing Centre Court in Sydney has heard a powerful victim impact statement from the baby’s foster carer, who took the toddler in after she had been taken out of her parents’ care.

She said the 20-month-old weighed just 4.89kg, looked like a three-month-old and had no teeth when she started caring for her in August 2018.

20 months old, couldn't even roll over let alone walk or crawl. At 20 months old, my grandson was around 15 kg and running everywhere

Quote:
Court documents show the toddler’s mother told doctors her daughter would generally have one cup of oats with rice milk and half a banana in the morning, and a piece of toast with jam or peanut butter for lunch.

For dinner, she said her daughter would be offered tofu, rice or potatoes. But she said the girl was a “fussy eater” so she might just have oats again.

This diet resulted in severe deficiencies in nutrients across the board for the infant, including a lack of calcium, phosphate, vitamin B12, vitamin A, iron and zinc.

Her levels of vitamin D — which can cause bone disease if found to be too low — were “undetectable”.

Rickets is a preventable bone disease that affects babies and young children and causes soft and weakened bones. Children are typically diagnosed with rickets due to a lack of vitamin D, calcium or phosphorus.

At least fkn try, put some vegetables in there, some legumes.

Quote:
The toddler’s two older brothers, aged six and four, are also in government care and were also on vegan diets.

A proper, balanced Vegan diet likely wouldn't have had such a dramatic impact. This was just child abuse.

Lots of detail about the case in the article here https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/parents-face-court-over-neglect-of-child-on-veganonly-diet/news-story/00b9be2eac43730183111939626ee10a

It reminds me of the stories of Vegans putting their pets on vegan diets, but worse. If you choose to be Vegan or vegetarian or whatever, that's cool, you're free to eat what you want. But, if you have pets or children you have a responsibility to ensure they get the nutrition they need, not adversely impact their health because you're an idealistic imbecile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: