Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

LeBron pulls out of Melbourne exhibition game (& WC)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:46 pm
Post subject: LeBron pulls out of Melbourne exhibition game (& WC)Reply with quote

Yep, he's off to make Space Jame 2 instead.

Ticketmaster been selling tickets to the game at Marvel Stadium with many getting their chance to see the superstar in action.

Who will pull out next? Steph? KD?

Some people have forked out almost $400 a seat. Shocked

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

If you pay 400 bucks to see those overpaid pampered players then you can afford to put up with a bit of disappointment.. The sort of softness we saw when Cox was reported.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:59 am

Paying that money is madness. This reminds me of the recent Kobe meet-and-greet, which Howe went to. The tabloid claimed the most expensive tickets were $8k.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:41 am

Paying that money is a firm indication that some people don't pay enough tax.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:09 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Paying that money is a firm indication that some people don't pay enough tax.

In 1996 whilst on our honeymoon in the USA we were in Chicago and the Bulls were playing and I thought I could go see MJ live for the on,ya time in my life
We tried buying tickets through the ticket agency but they were all sold out
So we decided to to go to the stadium and see if we could get tickets from a scalper
After 40 minutes wandering around we heard a guy say tickets for sale
Sweet so I walk up and ask him about the seats
He shows me the tickets and not being fimilar with the stadium I ask him were the seats are located he says a fair way back but still not to bad
So I ask ask him how much he says $1200 I think ok that's $600 each or with conversion rate of around 67c in the dollar it made it around $900 Australian
I'm thinking shit that's a ridiculous amount for a ticket ummmm no that was $1200 a ticket or about $1600 Australia EACH
Thanks but no thanks as much as I wanted to see Jordan live I wasn't prepared to pay that
We went to a sports bar sat there watched the game with locals and saved about $3000 for the day
K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:33 pm

And at least that's a real game.

When people pay supposedly $8k not to see them do what they're famous for, but to chat and shake hands... it's obvious we're not operating in the same universes.

I'd say the same of polly's autobiographies, though of course one copy doesn't cost more than physically similar things with more interesting content. The advances presses pay for those... like $1m... just because the guy was formerly a PM... Sigh...
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:17 pm

I would have liked to had a photo with Kobe, but when I saw the price, I couldn't believe it. I saw a few AFL footballers paid the price, but you can do that when you get paid to play football.

I paid for a pic with Rodman a few years back. Totally worth it. But it was a fair price.

I was interested in this Aus Vs USA game, but the cheapest ticket was $75? I cant believe people are paying huge bucks for an exhibition and LBJ has pulled out. I feel like more players will eventually pull out too.

Would have killed to see the Bulls in the 90s.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Well, I hope Howe did not pay $8k for that. If he did, we can understand a little better why we have so much trouble squeezing everyone under the salary cap. I think there was a range of prices, but I don't know which tiers got the handshake & photo treatment.

If I wanted a pic with Rodman, the only way I could do that in my penury would be to intercept him at the N. Korean border.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: