Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So. What's for Dinner?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Hot English Mustard is like Wasabi with flavour.

Yum!

Cooked bread and butter pud for dinner, bloody awesome! Reminds me of mum. I finally started researching our holiday, taken me 48 years to book a trip back home! I found the house I grew up in on google maps, I recognised it straight away, and also the little church I went to school in. It’s still part of the school, thetown has expanded, probably a thousand people there now! Going to start in London, spend a day, then head down to ilfracombe Devon where I was born, Stonehenge is on the way, then up to cotton end Bedford where I grew up well that’s the bit I remember, I lived in Cyprus for 3 years but I was only 4 when we returned to England, then Paris for a day, just because apparently we have to, then to Germany for a few days, start at Cologne and go to the test track, then over to Berlin. Hire a car and go to Pinocchio’s town, a few WW2 sites, Dresden, Nuremberg, Munich, then a train to a town inthe Austrian alps, then Venice, Rome, Naples,Athens, Santorini to recover! Well that’s the plan, I’m working out how long we need in germany ATM, can’t believe how cheap hotels and getting around is! So tomorrow it might be Sauerkraut and egg noodles for dinner!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:50 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Yum!

Cooked bread and butter pud for dinner, bloody awesome! Reminds me of mum. I finally started researching our holiday, taken me 48 years to book a trip back home! I found the house I grew up in on google maps, I recognised it straight away, and also the little church I went to school in. It’s still part of the school, thetown has expanded, probably a thousand people there now! Going to start in London, spend a day, then head down to ilfracombe Devon where I was born, Stonehenge is on the way, then up to cotton end Bedford where I grew up well that’s the bit I remember, I lived in Cyprus for 3 years but I was only 4 when we returned to England, then Paris for a day, just because apparently we have to, then to Germany for a few days, start at Cologne and go to the test track, then over to Berlin. Hire a car and go to Pinocchio’s town, a few WW2 sites, Dresden, Nuremberg, Munich, then a train to a town inthe Austrian alps, then Venice, Rome, Naples,Athens, Santorini to recover! Well that’s the plan, I’m working out how long we need in germany ATM, can’t believe how cheap hotels and getting around is! So tomorrow it might be Sauerkraut and egg noodles for dinner!

My wife's family are from the West Country including Devon, Exeter etc. Her Mum was from Hereford and her father from Bath.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:53 pm

Isn't bread and butter pud a desert? At least how my grandmother made it, it was. Confused

Got no real interest in visiting England, my daughters opinion of London was it was Melbourne but dirtier and bigger. 3 months in Europe, England was bottom of the favourite places with daylight second bottom.

Have fun though.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Pork belly roast
Roast potato, pumpkin and sweet potato
Peas and broccoli
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:40 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Yum!

Nice.

When are you heading to Europe?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:44 pm

Wokko wrote:
Pork belly roast
Peas and broccoli

Yum

stui magpie Gemini

Wokko wrote:
Pork belly roast
Peas and broccoli

Yum

think positive Libra

Side By Side

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Yum!

Nice.

When are you heading to Europe?

Cheers, August, hubby wants to go late winter, but I’m not gonig anywhere near September! Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:47 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Isn't bread and butter pud a desert? At least how my grandmother made it, it was. Confused

Got no real interest in visiting England, my daughters opinion of London was it was Melbourne but dirtier and bigger. 3 months in Europe, England was bottom of the favourite places with daylight second bottom.

Have fun though.

Yes it’s a dessert, and on London, I’m not a big city person, hence the one day in London, and then travelling around, same as the other countries we are gonig too. , if you google Devon it’s a holiday town, and cotton end is still a one pub town.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:48 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Yum!

My wife's family are from the West Country including Devon, Exeter etc. Her Mum was from Hereford and her father from Bath.

Nice, it looks amazing, might go through Bath on the way to Bedford. Cheers

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Pork belly roast
Peas and broccoli

Yum

Whole day looking after the baby then cook that up. I'm the best housewife ever Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:10 pm

^

Get back to me when you've worked full time, came home every night to clean up after your ex, listen to the kids complaints about her, cooked their dinner, supervised homework and done readers when young, put kids to bed then done dishes and fed yourself and did that for ten years.

Cool

I'm not sure why I still retain semblances of sanity.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:56 pm

Oldest made a Donna Hay Rendang baked briket on cauliflower rice with salad and broccolini. Followed by coconut yoghurt, mixed strawberries and raspberries.

https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/dinner/beef-rendang-with-coconut-and-chilli-sambal

INGREDIENTS
1 TABLESPOON PEANUT OIL
1 X 1.5KG PIECE BEEF BRISKET, HALVED
SEA SALT FLAKES
2 X 400ML CANS COCONUT MILK
1½ CUPS (375ML) WATER
2 TABLESPOONS FISH SAUCE
6 KAFFIR LIME LEAVES
1 STALK LEMONGRASS, BRUISED
¼ CUP (60ML) LIME JUICE

RENDANG CURRY PASTE

2 TABLESPOONS CORIANDER (CILANTRO) SEEDS
¼ TEASPOON WHITE PEPPERCORNS
½ CUP (40G) DESICCATED COCONUT
3 LONG RED CHILLIES, ROUGHLY CHOPPED
2 ESCHALOTS (FRENCH SHALLOTS), ROUGHLY CHOPPED
4 CLOVES GARLIC, ROUGHLY CHOPPED
6CM PIECE (30G) FRESH GALANGAL+, PEELED AND ROUGHLY CHOPPED
6CM PIECE (30G) FRESH GINGER, PEELED AND ROUGHLY CHOPPED
2CM PIECE (10G) FRESH TURMERIC+, PEELED AND ROUGHLY CHOPPED
1 STALK LEMONGRASS, WHITE PART ONLY, SLICED
4 KAFFIR LIME LEAVES, SHREDDED
1 TABLESPOON DARK PALM SUGAR
2 TABLESPOONS PEANUT OIL

COCONUT AND CHILLI SAMBAL

1½ CUPS (150G) GRATED FRESH COCONUT++
2 TABLESPOONS FISH SAUCE
1 TABLESPOON LIME JUICE
1 TABLESPOON FINELY CHOPPED PALM SUGAR
1 CUP CORIANDER (CILANTRO) LEAVES
1 GREEN CHILLI, ROUGHLY CHOPPED

Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Sprinkle the beef with salt and cook for 4–5 minutes each side or until well browned. Set aside.
To make the rendang curry paste, heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the coriander seeds and peppercorns and toast, shaking the pan frequently, for 2–3 minutes or until fragrant and light golden. Place in a small food processor and process until ground. Return the pan to the heat, add the coconut and cook, shaking the pan frequently, for 2–3 minutes or until toasted. Add the coconut to the spices with the chilli, eschalot, garlic, galangal, ginger, turmeric, lemongrass, lime leaves, sugar and oil and process, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until smooth.
Add the rendang curry paste to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the coconut milk, water, fish sauce, lime leaves and lemongrass and bring to the boil. Return the beef to the pan and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Roast for 2 hours, turn and roast, uncovered and turning the meat occasionally, for a further 1 hour or until the beef is tender and the sauce reduced.
To make the coconut chilli sambal, place the coconut, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, coriander and chilli in a small food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
Add the lime juice to the beef and stir to combine. Top with the coconut and chilli sambal to serve

Friggin delicious

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:44 am

sounds it, even better when you aint cooking it!!!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:33 am

I just love steak!

We get pretty average cuts on-site and I never eat it anymore.

Got home Monday night.
Tuesday after my swim, massive (850g) rib-eye with the bone. Marinated in; olive oil, worcestershire, tabasco and 4 cloves of grated garlic for about 2 hr's, then on the BBQ. Just that and a few beers.... sensational!

Wednesday was light picking throughout the day, cereal, little tin of tuna, some fruit, coupla beers. Dinner was BBQ time again. Porterhouse steaks, marinated the same as the rib-eye and some BBQ snags, with eggs and chips (I make the chips and cook on the BBQ)

Yesterday was some chicken, but today, the craving for a steak will be satisfied at the Stringy Bark Tavern in Wanneroo, a catch up with the folks and brother for lunch. They do a really nice T-Bone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Page 90 of 119   

Jump to: