Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who says white supremacists are stupid?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
So, are you saying it does makes a difference if he's egged to the back of the head, rather than the face?

Sorry to tell you that places at the Melbourne Comedy festival for this year have been filled - try again next year!

Just a tip though your material needs serious work Wink
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:50 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
So, are you saying it does makes a difference if he's egged to the back of the head, rather than the face?

Sorry to tell you that places at the Melbourne Comedy festival for this year have been filled - try again next year!

Just a tip though your material needs serious work Wink

Ok. Let me give it to you straight, then. I don't care about the egging - it wasn't my topic. I was hoping to stop people posting about the f#$%ing "egging" as if it mattered.

People are dead because hate speech against Muslims has become so common and widespread as to be alt-chic and has made imagining such violent acts acceptable. On the other hand, a bloke has some egg on him. Really, grow up. The two things are not comparable.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:35 am

K wrote:
Back of the head is safer, I reckon. Face could possibly (highly unlikely, of course) lead to a bit of shell lacerating an eye.

Cracking the egg on someone is much, much, much safer than throwing it. (Not that throwing it is any more dangerous than throwing a water balloon.)

What if it’s hard boiled?

K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:41 am

Hard boiling turns it into something realistically dangerous when thrown. Still not dangerous cracked by hand.

A raw egg cracked by hand on someone's hair is less dangerous than someone sneezing in his direction.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:49 am

K wrote:
Hard boiling turns it into something realistically dangerous when thrown. Still not dangerous cracked by hand.

A raw egg cracked by hand on someone's hair is less dangerous than someone sneezing in his direction.
good for the hair, full of protein and other good stuff. (I was being funny btw!)

The kid should not have done it, but gees the guy over reacted. Keep your hands to yourself is a good rule. Stui is correct I; that it could have been a knife. But yeah, I read his comments. And I smiled secretly!

K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:20 am

Cracking an egg and stabbing with a knife are not two similar actions along a spectrum. They are totally different.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:04 pm

K wrote:
Cracking an egg and stabbing with a knife are not two similar actions along a spectrum. They are totally different.

No one said they were.

But Stui is correct, an egg may be funny, but could just have easily been something more sinister, a knife, a bottle of acid.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:11 pm

Probably not with that kid on that day, though. I don't think it's seriously suggested that he had murderous intent but only had an egg to hand, is it? I assume he wanted to humiliate the "eggee" and make him an object of ridicule but not actually hurt him.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:23 pm

I saw it less as an attempt to humiliate and more as a political statement. On those grounds, I'd support it 100% (considering there was no actual violence involved).
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:49 pm

In this instance, after reading his Facebook comments, yeah so what, however, a guy sneaks up behind you, smacks an egg on your head, you feel a thwack however hard, and stuff drips down your face, I know how I’d react!

Should you be allowed to crack an egg on any unsuspecting persons head unless it’s a game?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:06 pm

Do you mean should it be legally permissible, or culturally defended? For instance, I don't think many people would be too upset about the time Anita Bryant got a pie in the face from a gay-rights activist, but might not be so supportive if it was something done to a random member of the public on the street as a prank, so I think context matters there. But as for the law, I think it should be proportionate.

I still think violence is a very different thing, hence why I wasn't even remotely inclined to support that Astro Labe guy headbutting Tony Abbott.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:41 pm

Violence depends on what kind of pie it was! Pecans are pretty sharp! Personally I don’t like it, hands off, it’s about respect.

Speaking of pranks, I watch the you tube ones like a stunned mullet, I mean just how many go wrong and someone cops a hiding!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:34 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Probably not with that kid on that day, though. I don't think it's seriously suggested that he had murderous intent but only had an egg to hand, is it? I assume he wanted to humiliate the "eggee" and make him an object of ridicule but not actually hurt him.

Thanks TP for holding the line. Wink

No, no one is suggesting that this kid had any other intent other than to humiliate the eggee, make a political statement and get attention for himself, hence why he was filming it on his own camera.

If he had of thrown the egg from a few feet away, I'd have far less a problem with it, but coming up behind someone, in this case a public figure, and striking them to the back of the head (even with an egg) is not behaviour that should condoned let alone celebrated. If someone did it to Penny Wong or even Bill Shorten I doubt very much he'd be nominated for Australian of the year, it's only because Anning is an obnoxious weed.

If the behaviour goes unpunished (even a small fine and no conviction would suffice) it sets a bad precedent and the next time it might not be so tame. If someone can get up behind a public figure with an egg, why not a knife, a kosh, a syringe etc.

Anyway, it's only a faulty pixel in the big picture which isn't really about Anning or Egg boi.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:12 pm

think positive wrote:
Should you be allowed to crack an egg on any unsuspecting persons head unless it’s a game?

Far, far worse things have happened to me and you and everyone here that no one thought twice about as being wrong.

David wrote:
I still think violence is a very different thing, hence why I wasn't even remotely inclined to support that Astro Labe guy headbutting Tony Abbott.

Yep, headbutting is clear violence. Cracking eggs isn't.

Peter Gordon is the kid's lawyer, by the way.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:22 pm

^

Yeah, Peter Gordon, head of a mob of ambulance chasers, very happy to get the publicity by declaring they're doing the job pro bono. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: