Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Have you watched the GF replay yet? Why and why not?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you watched the GF replay yet?
Yes
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 17 ]
I haven't yet but I will
14%
 14%  [ 15 ]
I haven't yet and I won't
57%
 57%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 101

mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the prelim 3 times.. watched the grand final with a few pints on board.. still not keen to re watch yet.

Either way it wont change the result, or make me any less proud of the team/club. All it will do will make me nitpick and blame individual passages of play on the result.

----------
------------
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:16 pm
Post subject: Re: Have you watched the GF replay yet? Why and why not?Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:

Yes

I was too disappointed immediately to watch it & why bring myself down as it were?

What about you?

Have finally watched the replay; after six long painful weeks.
October disappeared in a haze - I got absolutely nothing done that month.
Devoid of all motivation, as that loss sucked all the fun out of 2018 in one fell two minute swoop.
I can't ever recall being so disappointed to lose a football game before.
We were robbed - make no mistake - just like in 2002, which also hurts.
1981 will always grate at me, just like 1979, 1977 and 1970.
We should have beaten WCE, only a flag in the next two years can right this wrong; nothing less.

And it took me three night to watch all four quarters, as I analysed each stoppage for all the free kicks those 3 cunting umpires refused to pay us,
yet were quite happy to pull many out of their collective arses for WCE, particularly when we'd skip a couple of goals clear and look like taking the game away from them. Not to mention the Sheed incident....

So I hand wrote a foolscap page of notes against the countdown clock as a reference, one page per quarter, listing every controversial incident that had an influence on the contest, even the odd few that went our way.
I listed three players whose ineptitude cost us dearly at critical stages, all were crucial momentum sapping turning points which resulted in WCE goals.

If anybody thinks that might make for some light summer reading, please advise, and i'll table it on a word document, and add as an attachment.

Still fuckng livid.

Dyso

E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:41 am
Post subject: Re: Have you watched the GF replay yet? Why and why not?Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Yes

I was too disappointed immediately to watch it & why bring myself down as it were?

What about you?

Have finally watched the replay; after six long painful weeks.
October disappeared in a haze - I got absolutely nothing done that month.
Devoid of all motivation, as that loss sucked all the fun out of 2018 in one fell two minute swoop.
I can't ever recall being so disappointed to lose a football game before.
We were robbed - make no mistake - just like in 2002, which also hurts.
1981 will always grate at me, just like 1979, 1977 and 1970.
We should have beaten WCE, only a flag in the next two years can right this wrong; nothing less.

And it took me three night to watch all four quarters, as I analysed each stoppage for all the free kicks those 3 cunting umpires refused to pay us,
yet were quite happy to pull many out of their collective arses for WCE, particularly when we'd skip a couple of goals clear and look like taking the game away from them. Not to mention the Sheed incident....

So I hand wrote a foolscap page of notes against the countdown clock as a reference, one page per quarter, listing every controversial incident that had an influence on the contest, even the odd few that went our way.
I listed three players whose ineptitude cost us dearly at critical stages, all were crucial momentum sapping turning points which resulted in WCE goals.

If anybody thinks that might make for some light summer reading, please advise, and i'll table it on a word document, and add as an attachment.

Still fuckng livid.

Dyso

i'd love to read it. Love reading the perspective of the passionate. Will be interested to see if it matches my version of reality.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:35 am

I was at the game and I've watched the replay.
Adam Simpson deserves some credit. Grundy was kept to a reasonable game and Sidebottom was kept to a below par game, by their standards. These things don't happen by accident.

Yes mistakes were made at crucial times, and possibly WCE had the rub of the green with the umpires, but at the game and watching the replay, I felt that after that initial thrilling 5 goals burst, they were slightly better than us all day.

And then after Sheed kicked that goal came the centre clearance, the most important of the year. We lost that clearance and that was that!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:11 pm

First quarter we kick 5 goals (couldve easily been 2.3, some of them were 50:50 snap and boundary jobs).

Second quarter our only goal came with 5 mins to play (goalless for 15 mins).

Last quarter bang-bang out of the centre, then goalless for 19 mins.

Amazing we hung on to the lead for so long, considering so many midfielders played below par.

Whos to say that if the Eagles took their chances in the last it wouldnt have been a 2-4 goal win? If Sheed missed, they still probably lock the ball inside 50 from the ensuing kick out and win on or after the siren anyway. Doesnt make the pain or anger disappear, but sh!t happens (unfortunately, mostly to us).

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:37 pm

E wrote:
piedys wrote:

Still fuckng livid.

Dyso

i'd love to read it. Love reading the perspective of the passionate. Will be interested to see if it matches my version of reality.

Give me a week or so, and I'll have it sorted.
Just have to decipher my own chicken-scratched notes now!

Dyso

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:41 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
First quarter we kick 5 goals (couldve easily been 2.3, some of them were 50:50 snap and boundary jobs).

Second quarter our only goal came with 5 mins to play (goalless for 15 mins).

Last quarter bang-bang out of the centre, then goalless for 19 mins.

Amazing we hung on to the lead for so long, considering so many midfielders played below par.

Whos to say that if the Eagles took their chances in the last it wouldnt have been a 2-4 goal win? If Sheed missed, they still probably lock the ball inside 50 from the ensuing kick out and win on or after the siren anyway. Doesnt make the pain or anger disappear, but sh!t happens (unfortunately, mostly to us).

My thought too, even while watching it it was kind of ridiculous how long it took them to hit the lead; they just dominated the final quarter after the first minute mark. And even after they did get in front, there was that unbelievable dropped mark by Jack Darling. Maybe we would have locked it down if Sheed had missed and held on for two minutes, but otherwise it's hard to see how we could have won.

K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:07 pm

This is masochism at its ... err... finest?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:58 pm

Said the masochist: beat me, hurt me, humiliate me, make me grovel, cry and scream.

Said the Sadist: No.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:21 am

I still haven't watched it. I've watched the prelim a gazilion times ( a quarter at a time that is). Still don't want to feel the hurt.
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:11 am

Haven't watched & don"t intend to ever see 2002, 2003, 2011 & 2018.

Yet I've watched 70, 79, 80 & 81. It's somewhat easier to take when you are younger.

Sad
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:00 am

watt price tully wrote:
I still haven't watched it. I've watched the prelim a gazilion times ( a quarter at a time that is). Still don't want to feel the hurt.

Ditto.
Except I havent watched the prelim either. I just can bare it. Seeing this thread was a stab in the guts. I just want the season to start already, I need something to fill the hole in my soul! So many losses in my footy life, but this one cut the deepest

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:31 am

Ive played sport all my life and Ive found the sorest losers were those used to winning. I love winning but if losing means it knocks a bit of stuffing out of you and teaches you a bit of humility, it doesnt hurt to lose because it makes winning so much more special. West Coast lost in 2015. They came back to beat us last year. They were magnanimous towards us in their victory. Thats all you can expect. Well came back from this the way we did in 2008 and 2009. Every GF victory is special. The next one isnt too far away and when it comes it wont hurt to replay the 2018 GF because it will show the seeds of the team we have been building to construct our next premiership side.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:36 am

themonk wrote:
... It's somewhat easier to take when you are younger.

I think so, especially for children. Children are probably protected by being overoptimistic (and foolish).
duke750 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:11 pm

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never watched a GF replay. Never. Too painful.

I did not see this one but watched the score unfold! I was in Santorini and didn't realise until later that there was an Aussie pub there.

I still haven't seen 1979 because I was in Perth and couldn't watch it live.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: