Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Recreational cyclists

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
8.50am today, cnr LaTrobe and Elizabeth Sts. Lights about to turn green for pedestrians and vehicles travelling along Elizabeth St, a female hoon cyclist heading down the hill along LaTrobe from Queen Street goes belting through the intersection against a red light at full speed (and, I might add, a speed faster than any car would ever travel through that intersection, which is watched by "road safety" cameras). Dangerous, stupid, unacceptable behaviour. I see this sort of thing from cyclists virtually every time I step outside my home or my office. It must stop.

I was walking through that intersection 20 minutes earlier. It's a bugger as Elizabeth St is the low point so whatever direction you're travelling on Latrobe, if you're heading toward Queen you're going downhill and they do build up some serious speed.

I've seen cyclists almost clip other cyclists trying to get into the bike lane because of different speeds and someday soon a pedestrian is going to be cleaned up on the Sth East cnr by a cyclist belting down hill not stopping in time for the red light.

That's not even covering the ones belting along Elizabeth St where there's no bike lane, riding between the 2 lanes of cars instead of showing patience and staying in a lane, and passing cars on the left while they have their left turn indicator on waiting to turn.

Registration, licence plates and cameras. make them as accountable as drivers.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:25 pm

watt price tully wrote:
You should see how many drivers are pissed, stoned, driving unregistered vehicles, speeding, tailgating etc: the reports come across Police radio .

Probably less as a percentage of total than if they applied the same rules to cyclists in the CBD. Wink

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:44 am

For every idiot on a bicycle there are 100 driving a car. You get hit by a bike, the odds are you will be OK. You get hit by a car, the odds are you will be severely injured or dead.

I prefer people ride bikes as that means there are less cars on the road. In my workplace we have 4 people that ride a bike to work. They do it as they enjoy it, save money (that's questionable with the costs of their bikes) and for health reasons. That's 4 less cars and that's just my work place, start doing the math for all workplaces in the CBD. That's a hell of a lot of cars that are not on the road.

I am all for rego's but to enforce any such laws is not cost effective and simply won't happen. Officer plod is too busy now.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:06 pm

https://www.facebook.com/staymadofficial/videos/1204185939738671/
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:16 pm

Wokko wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/staymadofficial/videos/1204185939738671/

Selfie?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:20 pm

Nah, I would've taken them up of the offer to pull over and 'have a chat'.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:15 am
Post subject: ,Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:

Wink Thats the interesting aspect. Abuse v reasonable response to the abuse.

On sunday when riding in a group of 6 on Nepean Highway, a car driver driving in the opposite direction feels compelled to yell out get off the f*cken road. We were using one lane which half the time had cars parked there which forces cyclists to ride single lane (not a complaint) but meaning cars are unimpeded!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:53 am

Wokko wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/nsw/cop-that-d-head-cyclists-in-viral-video-were-off-duty-policemen-20190131-p50upn.html

Being questioned by the Police then were we?

Wink Very Happy Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:22 pm

https://youtu.be/XnPUe80oBZw

Sorry WPT!

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:43 am

think positive wrote:

Sorry WPT!

Would love to see that here for the following groups

a. Motorcylists, mostly underaged unlicensed kids who think the footpath is an extension of the road.

b. Russians who think that manners and queuing up for everyone else. Mainly in places like immigration or boarding a bus where retaliation is impossible. (although I did witness a heap of them who routinely handed over a 1000 baht note for 20 baht fare and whilst the poor Songteaw driver could find the change 6 or 7 of his family and friends had buggered off without paying. One bloke had enough and drove off without giving him change. Tourist police called and according to my Thai interpreter the Russian was told that from now on they had better have smaller money or it would serve them right).

c. Chinese tour groups who think walking 8 abreast on a road blocking traffic and leading to a is what you should do. This should also apply to the
groups who when visiting places like Angkor Wat all want a group photo outside the Angeline Jolie tree and block all the exits and entrances instead of taking one group photo and emailing it later.

d. Indonesians on a plane who see the first pillow, water, food, anything really being served all jump up demanding one instead of allowing the trolley dollys to do their jobs.

e. Indians who go into places like Burger King in Thailand and then all comeback en masse to get the complimentary packs of sugar, milk, tomato and chilli sauce AFTER they have been served the burgers and interrupt those patiently waiting to be served. Then go back and put it all in a plastic bag to take home.Most items can be got from the containers athe side if you want extra sauce etc.

Rant over. Off to 2 dogs bar.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:09 pm

Hehehe thats an epic rant!! Love it!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:46 pm

^

Yep, great rant. Laughing

think positive wrote:

Sorry WPT!

Sorry TP, that is utterly wrong and offensive.

Using the music from an Eastwood movie (The Good, the bad and the ugly) to accompany scenes of The Duke, that should be punished by hanging.

Razz Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:10 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Yep, great rant. Laughing

think positive wrote:

Sorry WPT!

Sorry TP, that is utterly wrong and offensive.

Using the music from an Eastwood movie (The Good, the bad and the ugly) to accompany scenes of The Duke, that should be punished by hanging.

Razz Wink
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

i think the term is Lynching!!!

man when i was a kid i loved John Wayne movies!! and i still love eastwood!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:16 pm

Oops. Too much data.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:42 am

watt price tully wrote:
Wokko wrote:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/nsw/cop-that-d-head-cyclists-in-viral-video-were-off-duty-policemen-20190131-p50upn.html

Being questioned by the Police then were we?

Wink Very Happy Laughing

Wow, I totally missed this twist in the narrative! Truth really is stranger than fiction sometimes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 38 of 43   

Jump to: