Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our 4 finals

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:31 am
Post subject: Our 4 finalsReply with quote

During the last week I watched our 4 finals games.
Gee we're a good side! Against GWS we owned them in the first quarter and in the last quarter. They'd played in the last 2 Prelim Finals so they're no slouches. But we beat 'em.

The win against Richmond was our best win in many many years. Most impressive was when they made a comeback we steadied and still won by nearly 7 goals. Richmond supporters now hate us more than they did before. That's got to be a good thing. I want all other supporters to hate us.

WCE - well they beat us narrowly twice. We're deluding ourselves if we think it was a fluke or umpires dudded us. Also, we can't whinge about injuries because they had some important ones. Having said that, we could've won either or both of those games. It hurts to lose a GF by less than a goal but it is what it is.

None of this guarantees that we'll be back to the GF in 2019 or even in the finals, but barring some cataclysmic event we ought to be. COLLINGWOOD IS BACK IN TOWN!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We shoulda won in Perth... that game was ours and the flag would've been if we had.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 am

My opinion on continued success i

We will have virtually the whole group that fought the 2018 fight which in effect was hampered by continued regrouping due to key ,well performing players exiting side and still made the big dance—so we kept picking ourselves up ,dusting our selves off & had another crack

Much of our success apart from damn good performance was the happy club atmosphere and comaradry which was on show when to introduce more talent (Beams) the player salary sacrificed for the betterment of the club

They have new blood in experience Beams / Roughead and exciting young talent

They know how to work together for each other —they know when you fall you just get up

I personally have no doubt whatsoever we will be right in the mix

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 pm
Post subject: Re: Our 4 finalsReply with quote

Harrysz wrote:

The win against Richmond was our best win in many many years. Most impressive was when they made a comeback we steadied and still won by nearly 7 goals. Richmond supporters now hate us more than they did before. That's got to be a good thing. I want all other supporters to hate us.

That PF game against Richmond was absolutely gob-smacking!! I could hardly believe what I was seeing. It reminded me of a similar PF win in 2010 against Geelong - coming seemingly out of nowhere in the favouritism stakes, against the red hot raging favourites!! It was purely magical.

Talking to a mate who is a Doggies supporter, we compared our season to the Bulldogs in 2016. for both teams it was a fairytale run to the GF, except for the Bulldogs it was topped off by a fairy tale finish, whereas for us it was the wrong ending to the fairytale.... a nightmare.

The big challenge will be to maintain the team unity, belief and comaradry that got us through some incredible injury challenges last season. Difficult when the players did not receive the appropriate reward for their efforts. However, the foundations are all there for it to be present again next season and the players now understand how far they can go and what they are capable of.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Agree wth last post
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:41 pm

PyreneesPie, you can't compare it with the PF of 2010.
In that game we were clear favourites, unlike this year.

Sorry about the triple post - not sure how that happened.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:26 pm

I could watch the Prelim against the Tigers, every day for the rest of my life. It was pure poetry in motion.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Harrysz wrote:

Sorry about the triple post - not sure how that happened.

Oh, were we??? Perhaps I just personally didn't think of us as favourites, regardless of outside opinions at the time. As a very, very long time supporter of the Pies, I never ever go into a final thinking we will probably win it. Laughing
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:57 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I could watch the Prelim against the Tigers, every day for the rest of my life. It was pure poetry in motion.

Yep, for sure. I intend to give the replay of the Prelim a thorough bashing over the holiday period, but doubt I'll watch the GF replay Wink
K 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:39 am

Harrysz wrote:

And this year the oppo was vastly inferior, though it doesn't look like the result of the PF has changed the public's or media's perceptions about the mediocre former premiers (whose main hopes in the coming year rely on receiving a huge Lynch lift).
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:43 pm

The Richmond game is the best I've seen us play in years. It all clicked that night and the way we destroyed a big rival on the big stage is something none of us will forget for a long time coming.

With respect to the GWS match, the scoreboard flattered them. We should have won that match by 5+ goals.

We were on the wrong side of the final scoreboard against West Coast, but we didn't disgrace ourselves in either match against them.

In the first final, we let McGovern off the leash before we reigned him for the rest of the game. We were the better team in the second and third quarter before the Eagles got on top in the final quarter.

In the Grand Final, we dominated the first quarter before playing out in a slog for the rest of the match. It was a disappointing end to a great season.

Here's hoping we go one better next year and the playing group is determined and motivated to do it all again. There's no guarantees in this competition, but it's clear that with the recruitment of Beams and Roughead that our premiership window is open.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: