Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can we get our best 22 on the Park and what is our best 22?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Maynard Moore Langdon
Crisp Howe Murphy
Phillips Pendlebury Stephenson
Thomas Reid De Goey
Sidebottom Cox WHE

Grundy Sier Treloar

Daicos C Brown Varcoe Adams

A joke again we assume because Beams will be in the first 5 players picked each week.

When Dunn Moore Scharenberg are fully fit they will all be certain starters in the backline like they were prior to injuries striking them down
Crisp Howe and Maynard will complete the backline with Langdon Goldie fighting for the 7th defender on the bench a position Langdon filled when all defenders were available (except Goldie at the time as he was still recovering from a ACL)

You and Pies4Shaw are like Agenbt Smyth in the Matrix. You corrupt every single thread. i thought for sure that a best 22 wouldn't evoke more Langdon v Beams flaming (since both a so clearly in our best 22 and both are first picked players), but neither of you could help yourselves.

You guys need to get a room, or go visit the Oracle or Morpheus or whatever you need to do. Its just soooo boring.

Here's hoping we can talk about something else in 2019 (like percentage)!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:47 am

So, if the task is to select the 22 that we expect the Club to put on the park, there's not much room for meaningful debate is there?

I've just tried to select a team that might (in my respectful opinion) not lose the 2019 Grand Final in the unlikely event (I say unlikely because the two teams playing off have been different every year for the last 4 years) we make it.

I haven't engaged with qld's comments about Langdon - but surely I don't just have to select Beams in an hypothetical team merely because everyone else is tired of of those comments?
E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:48 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
So, if the task is to select the 22 that we expect the Club to put on the park, there's not much room for meaningful debate is there?

I've just tried to select a team that might (in my respectful opinion) not lose the 2019 Grand Final in the unlikely event (I say unlikely because the two teams playing off have been different every year for the last 4 years) we make it.

I haven't engaged with qld's comments about Langdon - but surely I don't just have to select Beams in an hypothetical team merely because everyone else is tired of of those comments?

This is an opinion forum mate. You can say whatever you want as long as you aren't persecuting an individual poster. I like hearing people's honest opinion about our 22 because we really do have 29 or 30 guys who can stake a claim to being in our best 22 (when all are fit and at their best). i just dont think you can honestly assert that there is any best 22 that doesn't have Beams in it so i was just suspecting you weren't being completely serious. Our best defender in 2018 is also not likely to be out of the side at this time (and not surprisingly, these controversial posts happen to line up to your ongoing feud from 2018 - so you can see why i was doubting each of your bona fides here).

No biggie. I bet our best 22 changes about 22 times in 2019. I'll love revisiting this thread come round 18 and see what it looks like then. Hopefully some of my guys cant get games even though they are playing at their best. That would be a good sign for our season!

Go Pies.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:55 pm

E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Maynard Moore Langdon
Crisp Howe Murphy
Phillips Pendlebury Stephenson
Thomas Reid De Goey
Sidebottom Cox WHE

Grundy Sier Treloar

Daicos C Brown Varcoe Adams

A joke again we assume because Beams will be in the first 5 players picked each week.

When Dunn Moore Scharenberg are fully fit they will all be certain starters in the backline like they were prior to injuries striking them down
Crisp Howe and Maynard will complete the backline with Langdon Goldie fighting for the 7th defender on the bench a position Langdon filled when all defenders were available (except Goldie at the time as he was still recovering from a ACL)

You and Pies4Shaw are like Agenbt Smyth in the Matrix. You corrupt every single thread. i thought for sure that a best 22 wouldn't evoke more Langdon v Beams flaming (since both a so clearly in our best 22 and both are first picked players), but neither of you could help yourselves.

You guys need to get a room, or go visit the Oracle or Morpheus or whatever you need to do. Its just soooo boring.

Here's hoping we can talk about something else in 2019 (like percentage)!

E the Beams thing is just plain stupid in anyone's opinion
Beams would be a certain starter in any side in the competition without doubt
The club brought him back for a reason obviously
having another player who gets it 30 times kicks a goal a game on career average and is a top 10 player in his category only strengthens the side
I'm sure they didn't bring him back to play VFL

My comments about Langdon are correct he was coming off the bench when all defenders where fit and available (with exception of Goldie)
I had him as a bench player/ 7th defender which the club seems to play just like he the role he played for 5 weeks this season just passed
P4S comments about teams being selected on GF form is ludircious as anyone would readily acknowledge we had at least 6 certain starters not lining up in the GF
If we took a line on form from the GF of those who played Sidey Pendles Grundy all would be under the pump but they will all be certain starters come round 1 2019 injury permitting so form is a fleeting thing and depends on many factors
E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:58 am

OK then.....

So, anyone else have thoughts on the 22?

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:05 pm

Maynard Moore Langdon
Crisp Howe Pendlebury
Sidebottom Beams Wells
Stephenson Reid WHE
De Goey Cox Elliott

Grundy, Adams, Treloar

Varcoe, Thomas, Phillips & Sier

I didn’t bother with Dunn or Scharenberg who I understand will be missing for some time.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:06 pm

Took a while but found a belated post that echoed mine. Getting you up the list Smile
E 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:34 pm

To the track watchers, who on the list is threatening to take the spot of my preferred 22 from the Op-Ed. Quaytnor seems to have the best shot (that would put Aish in danger i would have thought).

HERE IS THE TEAM AGAIN

Crisp, Moore, Langdon
Maynard, Howe, Mayne
Phillips, Beams, Sidey
Pendles, Mihocek*, Stevo
DeGoey, Cox, WHE

Grundy, Treloar, Adams

Thomas, Sier, Varcoe, Aish.

KEY RESERVES: Greenwood, Goldsack, Dunn, Elliot, Wells, Reid, Appleby*, Scharenberg, Roughhead, Brown, Daicos

KEY YOUTH: Quaynor, Kelly, Murphy, T Brown, BOS, Lynch*. 2 Irish dudes

WAITING TO BE DELISTED: Wills, Crocker, Broomhead*, Murray*.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:23 am

Hard to disagree with any of those E.

I'm hoping that Elliott might be pushing for selection, and it seems that Quaynor is already in the mix.
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:17 pm

E wrote:
To the track watchers, who on the list is threatening to take the spot of my preferred 22 from the Op-Ed. Quaytnor seems to have the best shot (that would put Aish in danger i would have thought).

HERE IS THE TEAM AGAIN

Crisp, Moore, Langdon
Maynard, Howe, Mayne
Phillips, Beams, Sidey
Pendles, Mihocek*, Stevo
DeGoey, Cox, WHE

Grundy, Treloar, Adams

KEY RESERVES: Greenwood, Goldsack, Dunn, Elliot, Wells, Reid, Appleby*, Scharenberg, Roughhead, Brown, Daicos

Does the * symbol mean waiting to be delisted? if so a bit harsh on Mihocek!

derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Elliott will need more then a few games in the two's before he is ready me thinks.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:13 pm

Crisp, Moore, Maynard
Pendlebury, Howe, Mayne
Phillips, Beams, Sidey
Varcoe, Mihocek, Hoskin-elliott
DeGoey, Cox, Stephenson

Grundy, Treloar, Adams
E 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:11 am

derkd wrote:
E wrote:

HERE IS THE TEAM AGAIN

Crisp, Moore, Langdon
Maynard, Howe, Mayne
Phillips, Beams, Sidey
Pendles, Mihocek*, Stevo
DeGoey, Cox, WHE

Grundy, Treloar, Adams

Does the * symbol mean waiting to be delisted? if so a bit harsh on Mihocek!

no, the * symbol was intended to identify rookie listed players. i did this before the draft and got a bit lazy post draft, so its not entirely accurate re the Irish lads (but otherwsie its pretty spot on).

melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:07 am

If Elliott is healthy, 95% fit, and has enough match practice, surely is in our 22. Just too much xfactor and talent not to be playing.

Apparently "Flying" at training according to Pendles.

Who drops out is the difficulty.

From most 22s above Varcoe, Thomas, Sier and Aish are the most susseptable.

But the likelihood that all 35 first ranked players are match fit and in reasonable form is very low. So natural attrition will make many selection decisions.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:28 am

Crisp, Dunn, Langdon
Beams, Howe, Mayne
Phillips, Maynard, Sidey
Pendles, Mihocek, Stevo
DeGoey, Cox, Varcoe

Grundy, Treloar, Adams

Moore, Wells, Greenwood, WHE

KEY RESERVES: Goldsack, Roughhead, Elliot, Aish, Reid, Appleby, Scharenberg, Thomas, Brown, Daicos, Quaynor, Sier,

Yeah i have Greenwood in the best 22 - I think its important to have a hard nut in the first couple of games with cats and particularly Richmond. I'm also with Dunn over Moore I'm with npalms comment regarding potential vs performance. That said he is on the bench as he needs games if he is ever to get there. I believe Dunn is good to go unlike Shaz (didn't Goldie say he ran a PB speed in training?).

Varcoe in the fwd line as I like his pace and tackling. Elliot was tackling well before he went down but he needs game time - may come in after some pre season games. Wells in but I'd have him on a heavy rotation through the season, Aish Daicos, Quaynor, Sier are all ready for rotating.

Terribly hard call this season - great team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: