Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2018 Member Forum & Annual General Meeting (13 Feb)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:46 pm
Post subject: 2018 Member Forum & Annual General Meeting (13 Feb)Reply with quote

Collingwoods 2018 Member Forum
Date: Monday 19 November
Time: 6.00pm start
Club 5 and Legends Members can enter from 5.30pm. All members can enter from 5.45pm.
Venue: Glasshouse at the Holden Centre - Olympic Boulevard, Olympic Park, Melbourne

Quote:
Entry will be granted on presentation of your 2018 membership card.
Please note: Parking is available on the other side of the Yarra River on Alexandra Avenue. There is also parking available in the Eastern Car Park Plaza next to Hisense Arena (Entrance D). There will be an Auslan interpreter present during the event, and as this is a member only event, you must register your attendance and bring along your membership card to guarantee access. If you dont have your membership card, there will be staff available at the entrance to check your member status and confirm your eligibility.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-10-31/2018-member-forum-key-information-cfc

Registration: https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/2018memberforum

2018 Collingwood AGM
Date: Wednesday 13 February 2019
Location: Glasshouse at the Holden Centre - Olympic Boulevard, Olympic Park, Melbourne
Time: 5.30pm for 6.00pm start (Club 5 Members can enter from 5.30pm. All other members can enter from 5.45pm for a 6.00pm start.)

Please note if you wish to attend the Annual General Meeting you must bring your membership card on the night.*

*Entry to the Annual General Meeting is open to members with Social Club Access aged over 18 years.

Last edited by K on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning to attend.

Suspect the meeting will be tension-free this year.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:37 pm

Buckley should return from overseas in time for the meeting so members can eat humble pie and apologise to him in person for what they said to his face at last year's meeting.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:01 pm

NB will be absent, but Eddie McGuire, Mark Anderson and Geoff Walsh will be present (it seems).
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:48 am

Jezza wrote:
Planning to attend.

I think there will probably be a question about Grand Final ticket seating for Club 5 and Legends members.

There was this poll conducted during the Grand Final ballot.

Legends/Club 5 Members - 2018 GF seat category
http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=84759

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:42 am

Should be a happier meeting than the last three or four.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:24 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Buckley should return from overseas in time for the meeting so members can eat humble pie and apologise to him in person for what they said to his face at last year's meeting.

Some of the keyboard warriors still haven't apologised to him on Nicks, so I couldn't see them having the cahuna's to do it face to face. Rolling Eyes
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:58 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Some of the keyboard warriors still haven't apologised to him on Nicks, so I couldn't see them having the cahuna's to do it face to face. Rolling Eyes

I'll be more thqn happy to apologise to him face to face. In fact I flew to Italy and apologised to him and his family.

The scrambled eggs were very nice. Wink

As we all know and on a more serious note the club and Bucks made some very good changes. Less micro-management, more delegation and better communications has worked a treat.

themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:15 pm

It's a shame we lost a GF to an interstate side but considering some of our obvious weaknesses we had a great year.

However, injuries continie to hinder our progress and we still need to ask why we didn't land Lynch.

Young, talented key forwards that barracked for the pies selecting Richmond via free agency instead of us is a concern.

Huge opportunity lost, hope we don't find ourselves in this position next year if Tomilson wants to come home?
slangman 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:31 pm

If he was doing so well prior to this year, why was there a review?

Big changes were made by many (including Bucks) that helped with the turnaround this year.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Jezza wrote:

My opinion is the same as last year: no good can come out of it just being a lovefest (or the opposite).
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:03 pm

I miss having the Knights of Abbottsford (KOA) . They were spot on about the debt at the time but age has mellowed them I suspect. They weren't alone with respect to Bucks and Eddie but both (ED and Bucks have adapted to the necessary & successful change endoresed by the board & eminating from the Murphy's review.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:23 pm

K wrote:
Jezza wrote:

My opinion is the same as last year: no good can come out of it just being a lovefest (or the opposite).

A dismissive view, but each to their own. I appreciated speaking to Ed and Peter Murphy at drinks and got some value and perspective from that. But yes, some questions from the broader forum are pretty lightweight and a waste of most people's time.

K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Some questions that come to mind that I'd like put to them:

Question B1:

In his review, Peter Murphy recommended that Collingwood introduce term limits for directors. Will the club implement this recommendation? When? How? Why the deafening silence? What are the details?

[Pie-supporting journo J. Niall wrote almost a year ago: "It is unclear, at this stage, how the term limits would impact on McGuire and other long-serving members of his board once he has completed this term as president. It is not known when they would take effect."
It's still unclear.

The constitution may need changing. Two decades ago, the constitution needed changing -- and was changed within weeks.]

Question M1:

Has the club considered commissioning a professional external review of the perceived player injury problems?

[Carlton, for example, did this prior to poaching Russell from Hawthorn.

Pie-supporting journo M. Gleeson wrote in August: "Collingwood changed its fitness staff in the off-season, a decision that stemmed from their club-wide review. Most other elements of the review have proven to be correct, accurate and validated by performance. But not all. Collingwoods fitness and conditioning has been an unmitigated disaster."]
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:21 am

K wrote:
Some questions that come to mind that I'd like put to them:

[Pie-supporting journo J. Niall wrote almost a year ago: "It is unclear, at this stage, how the term limits would impact on McGuire and other long-serving members of his board once he has completed this term as president. It is not known when they would take effect."
It's still unclear.

The constitution may need changing. Two decades ago, the constitution needed changing -- and was changed within weeks.]

Question M1:

Has the club considered commissioning a professional external review of the perceived player injury problems?

[Carlton, for example, did this prior to poaching Russell from Hawthorn.

Pie-supporting journo M. Gleeson wrote in August: "Collingwood changed its fitness staff in the off-season, a decision that stemmed from their club-wide review. Most other elements of the review have proven to be correct, accurate and validated by performance. But not all. Collingwoods fitness and conditioning has been an unmitigated disaster."]

Gleeson is a Pie supporter. Are you sure Jake Niall is too?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: