Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Transgender politics and social issues

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Same defence was used by the barber who didn't cut a girls hair and it didn't fly.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:29 am

Wokko wrote:
Same defence was used by the barber who didn't cut a girls hair and it didn't fly.

If you cant see the difference between a haircut and a Brazilian, well, um, oh man! Oh wait is that sexist? Is sexist a word now or are we destined to amoebas.

So if you walk into a kosher butcher and demand non kosher meat can you sue if you dont get it? They offer Brazilians, not manzillions, and that part of this customers body is still of male orientation.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:31 pm

think positive wrote:
Wokko wrote:

If you cant see the difference between a haircut and a Brazilian, well, um, oh man! Oh wait is that sexist? Is sexist a word now or are we destined to amoebas.

So if you walk into a kosher butcher and demand non kosher meat can you sue if you dont get it? They offer Brazilians, not manzillions, and that part of this customers body is still of male orientation.

Or go to the many non gender specific wax salons as I do (oops Embarassed ) Wink

Although I don't ask for kosher meat at the waxing salon.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:19 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Or go to the many non gender specific wax salons as I do (oops Embarassed ) Wink

Oh god my eyes my eyes...

But yeah, exactly!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:50 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Oh god my eyes my eyes...

But yeah, exactly!

What is it called? Back, crack and goldsack?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Oh god, ill never look at him the same way again now!!! thanks!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:19 pm

I dont know if anyone has the time and interest in watching a half-hour YouTube video, but the video blogger ContraPoints is always weird, entertaining and intellectually stimulating (usually dressing up as different characters to explore different ideological viewpoints and play them off against each other). Her video below is about transgender pronouns (he/she), whether trans people are denying reality by insisting on using the ones they identify with and the conservative slogan that facts dont care about your feelings. Check out a few minutes of it at least and see what you think.

https://youtu.be/9bbINLWtMKI

roar 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Thanks for that, David. She's hilarious, and very sharp. It's good to hear counter arguments that are well thought out and without the shrillness that often comes with them.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:12 pm

Quote:
Earlier this year, The Mail on Sunday revealed that a third of youngsters referred to the NHSs only gender identity clinic for children showed moderate to severe autistic traits.

Interesting.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6401593/Whistleblower-teacher-makes-shocking-claim-autistic.html
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:12 am

that sounds like something out of an SVU episode
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:17 pm

Q and A has degenerated into a bitch fight. But the unfortunate statement by one panellet, "Transgender issues even upset members of the labor party and it seems the working class is sick of having this shoved down their throat" or something similar. Then we get some muslim woman crapping on about and is doing nothing about what her religious leaders are saying. Mow she has thrown in "we need to have a conversation" FMD
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:26 am

Might need the executive summary, RR whats this all about?!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:29 am

In my experience, when ever a woman says "We need to talk", what she means is "I'm going to talk, You need to listen"
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:31 am

May I ask where you got experience when a woman says We need to talk what she means is he or she'm going to talk You need to listen?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:01 am

ronrat wrote:
Q and A has degenerated into a bitch fight. But the unfortunate statement by one panellet, "Transgender issues even upset members of the labor party and it seems the working class is sick of having this shoved down their throat" or something similar. Then we get some muslim woman crapping on about and is doing nothing about what her religious leaders are saying. Mow she has thrown in "we need to have a conversation" FMD

I just watched the relevant part of the episode and actually thought it was a pretty good, robust discussion (and not only by Q&A standards, which would usually not exactly be a high bar to surpass). Where did you get the impression it was a bitch fight?

https://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/txt/s4906482.htm#

By the way, the panellist you describe as some Muslim woman is Greens senator Mehreen Faruqi, and the notion that her views cannot be compatible with her religion is as nonsensical as saying the same about the many Christians who supported same-sex marriage. Indeed, conservative Muslims (and Faruqi, as a Greens politician with progressive social views, obviously doesnt belong to their camp) tend to be much more forward-thinking on transgender issues than on homosexuality. See the ultra-conservative Iran as a case in point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_rights_in_Iran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: