Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tommy Robinson arrested and jailed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

When there have been substantive claims that councils, police and social workers turned a blind eye to grooming gangs in Rochdale, Rotherham, Oxford and Telford and only took action after media exposure, I think you can reasonably claim a possible cover up.
Even in this case, there are reports of police and social workers choosing not to take action: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-45669910

As for the moron stuff:
Remember, you spent much of this thread arguing that the judiciary got it so right regards Robinson's conviction and jailing.
You mesmerised us with your legal babble, astounded us with your condescension, thrilled us with your accusations or racism.
And then ended up with egg all over your face after Robinson's appeal was successful.

How I laughed...
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:09 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
When there have been substantive claims that councils, police and social workers turned a blind eye to grooming gangs in Rochdale, Rotherham, Oxford and Telford and only took action after media exposure, I think you can reasonably claim a possible cover up.
Even in this case, there are reports of police and social workers choosing not to take action: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-45669910

As for the moron stuff:
Remember, you spent much of this thread arguing that the judiciary got it so right regards Robinson's conviction and jailing.
You mesmerised us with your legal babble, astounded us with your condescension, thrilled us with your accusations or racism.
And then ended up with egg all over your face after Robinson's appeal was successful.

How I laughed...

You cant claim that the crimes of the perpetrators have been covered up in the middle of their trial. This is obviously too difficult for you.

You are, by the way, mischarecterising the content of my previous posts in this thread - but Ive come to expect that from you and Im not going to bother with that.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:24 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Let me simplify it for you - when people are actually being tried for particular crimes, there is not much purpose to pretending that society is actually turning a blind eye to their alleged crimes. Even a moron can see that that is correct, surely?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/what-to-read/rotherham-whistleblower-explains-why-sex-abuse-ring-was-covered/

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/the-unspeakable-truth-about-rotherham/article20335529/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/sep/06/rotherham-abuse-scandal-no-charges-against-senior-council-figures

It was covered up by council and local authorities for decades. Thousands of young girls were raped and abused by Muslim men for years and nothing was done until someone blew the whistle and Parliament got involved.

Your callousness towards this issue is astounding.

People are being tried despite the attempts to cover this up, it WAS successfully covered up for around 20 years. Because of these cover ups and an unwillingness even now to name perpetrators religious and ethnic backgrounds (hiding behind 'Asian' when they're pretty much all Pakistani Muslims) 1000s of girls have been destroyed and it's still happening.

Get off your high horse and contemplate these crimes from the perspective of the humans and humanity involved.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Clear thinking seems to fail you, too. These defendants were in the middle of a complex trial process. What value did the little dribbler add by turning up and publishing info in a way that gave the defendants an opportunity to claim a mistrial?

It really isnt difficult.

Callousness has nothing to do with it. I dont want evil criminals acquitted because another criminal is too stupid to understand the difference between right and wrong. Perhaps you do?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:13 pm

Since when did right-wing nutjobs care about Pakistani girls anyway?

Or any girls, come to think of it. Especially brown ones.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:22 am

This is sobering (from the Globe and Mail op-ed posted above):

Quote:
Andrew Norfolk, the Times journalist whose investigative reports prompted this inquiry and others now under way, has explained why this travesty is so toxic to Britain's liberal elites. "The suggestion that men from a minority ethnic background were committing sex crimes against white children was always going to be the far right's fantasy come true," he wrote. "Innocent white victims, evil dark-skinned abusers. Liberal angst kicked instinctively into top gear."

But no amount of liberal angst will make this story go away. Current Home Secretary Theresa May has acknowledged that "institutionalized political correctness" has inflicted appalling damage on the innocent.

Reminiscent, then, of the Catholic Churchs response to child abuse committed by priests a shocking degree of institutional complicity and suppression of facts.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:28 am

""? ?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:40 am

"Grooming trials that saw the largest gang ever convicted for years of sexual abuse were almost derailed by Tommy Robinson as he claimed to expose the crimes.

A judge paused jury deliberations in the second of three linked trials over fears that the far-right figureheads live stream of the case from outside Leeds Crown Court would result in the case collapsing and rapists going free."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-prison-jail-grooming-gangs-huddersfield-leeds-contempt-court-facebook-video-a8592871.html

"It was during the second trial in May when the case was jeopardised by the actions of Tommy Robinson, the founder of the English Defence League.

As the jury deliberated their verdicts, the anti-Islam activist turned up outside Leeds crown court to confront the defendants in a live video viewed hundreds of thousands of times on Facebook.

In the video Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, claimed the activities of the suspects were being covered up."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/oct/19/how-tommy-robinson-put-huddersfield-grooming-trials-at-risk

See also: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6300047/Tommy-Robinson-expects-jail-contempt-received-massive-payday-2m-public-donations.html
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:14 pm

Tannin wrote:
Since when did right-wing nutjobs care about Pakistani girls anyway?

Or any girls, come to think of it. Especially brown ones.

I was going to put a smiley on but its more sad than funny despite being so obvious.

BTW its OK to be white you know just in case you were confused on the matter.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Clear thinking seems to fail you, too. These defendants were in the middle of a complex trial process. What value did the little dribbler add by turning up and publishing info in a way that gave the defendants an opportunity to claim a mistrial?

It really isnt difficult.

Callousness has nothing to do with it. I dont want evil criminals acquitted because another criminal is too stupid to understand the difference between right and wrong. Perhaps you do?

Correct weight (again) your worship. Theyre the simple facts of the matter.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:34 pm

David wrote:
This is sobering (from the Globe and Mail op-ed posted above):

Quote:
Andrew Norfolk, the Times journalist whose investigative reports prompted this inquiry and others now under way, has explained why this travesty is so toxic to Britain's liberal elites. "The suggestion that men from a minority ethnic background were committing sex crimes against white children was always going to be the far right's fantasy come true," he wrote. "Innocent white victims, evil dark-skinned abusers. Liberal angst kicked instinctively into top gear."

But no amount of liberal angst will make this story go away. Current Home Secretary Theresa May has acknowledged that "institutionalized political correctness" has inflicted appalling damage on the innocent.

Reminiscent, then, of the Catholic Churchs response to child abuse committed by priests a shocking degree of institutional complicity and suppression of facts.

Well not quite a fit but I get where youre coming from. I remember when this case first made the news: so horrendously appalling. If anyone no matter their political allegiances is found to have ignored or failed to act when they knew of the behaviors of the perpetrators then they must be punished by the full force of the law.

The cynical exploitation by neo nazis or whatever euphemism they use is another matter entirely.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:36 pm

^ I think what bothers me (apart from the awful facts of the crimes themselves) is that there is a legitimate pattern we're seeing (as in Cologne and a few other cases in Europe) of 'liberal' authorities trying to cover up or downplay crimes or gang activity committed by people from minority cultural or ethnic backgrounds. That they are seeking to reduce the risk of civil unrest and racist backlash is quite understandable; but they have to understand that suppressing information is not an effective response, and only emboldens the far right. Think about it this way: when the only people who are telling you the truth on certain matters (albeit in highly selective ways and for bigoted purposes) are people like Tommy Robinson and outlets like Breitbart, then those people have scored a massive propaganda goal.

For people like me who oppose racism and xenophobia and support mass migration, cultural tolerance and religious freedom, the answer to the conundrum is obvious: don't suppress stuff. Make statistics available. If there's a problem that is currently outsized in a certain community, like Sudanese gang activity, acknowledge it, deal with it and help the general public understand why. Politically correct euphemisms or suppression of facts not only potentially make the problem much bigger (as they seem to have in Rotherham), but they play into the narratives and tactics of those who want to divide our society and intimidate minorities.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:07 pm

This thread doesnt deal with a cover up, though. Its about an attention-seeking moron who almost derailed a massively important criminal trial process.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:40 pm

^ I agree with that part. But this is the only thread on Nick's in which the actual subject of the trial he was jeopardising has been raised, and it does seem to me that those of our general political persuasion out there on social media and beyond seem to be much more interested in talking about what a dangerous, rabble-rousing moron Robinson is (and yes, he is) than the actual crimes that his kind fixate on.

As a case in point, I did a search for 'Rotherham' on Nick's BB, and the only people who've even mentioned it are 1061, Wokko and thesoretoothsayer, all (and I hope they'll forgive me for saying so) openly right-wing and anti-Muslim migration. That's a small sample size, but I'm sure we'd see similar trends elsewhere; in my international left-wing Facebook echo chamber in which stories about every progressive cause imaginable regularly get shared, for instance, I've barely heard a peep about these crimes. Surely a matter of widespread sexual exploitation and violence against young working-class girls is not just an important story for the far-right, so why does broader public discourse seem to be treating it as such?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Thats because once it became apparent that there wasnt some establishment conspiracy to silence poor Tommy, they thought it might be helpful to move the goalposts. Wokkos hopeless attempt, above, to pretend that my comments about Robinsons failures are somehow a callous failure to have due regard for the victims is a case in point.

You need to separate the issues. If youd like to start a thread about English institutionalised suppression of sexual abuse cases, by all means do. That was never what this thread was about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 14 of 20   

Jump to: