Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 790, 791, 792 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Several years ago, I bought a wooden Magpie "weather vane". A magpie on a sick that would swivel to face the wind while the wings spun like aeroplane propellers.

It fell apart after years in the weather.

Yesterday, I got all the pieces together and started making my own.

Checked out exactly how it worked, used the pieces to make templates, got some bits and pieces from bunnings and away we go.

Spent 2 hours on it in the shed this arvo, all I have to do now is a finishing sand, put all the pieces together with some glue and small nails, paint it and away we go.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:36 am

Collingwood made me happy last night, and again this morning.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:32 am

stui magpie wrote:
Several years ago, I bought a wooden Magpie "weather vane". A magpie on a sick that would swivel to face the wind while the wings spun like aeroplane propellers.

It fell apart after years in the weather.

Yesterday, I got all the pieces together and started making my own.

Checked out exactly how it worked, used the pieces to make templates, got some bits and pieces from bunnings and away we go.

Spent 2 hours on it in the shed this arvo, all I have to do now is a finishing sand, put all the pieces together with some glue and small nails, paint it and away we go.

When you池e done, could you have a go at building Moore a couple of plywood hamstrings?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:41 am

Pa Marmo wrote:
Collingwood made me happy last night, and again this morning.

Still can稚 actually believe it!

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:02 am

The mighty Pies, still smiling so much my face hurts!
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Good luck, that's a seriously boring drive, just flat dry land.

Didn't actually find it boring at all, and not that flat. Definitely dry in parts.
Stayed at Zoofari Lodge in the Dubbo zoo (wow! what an experience!), the staff were saying it had rained a little the week before we arrived but before that not since Christmas last year Shocked

So many dead roos on the side of the road Crying or Very sad This they also explained - because of the drought - water pools at the edges of the road so the roos go there looking for food & get cleaned up. Knew there'd be a few on the sides of the road along the way but not one every meter or two on both sides! Crying or Very sad
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Sunshine and my last week at work. Official last day on Thursday but going in on Friday to process my final pay and that of another employee.
There is someone taking over payroll part of my job but I want to make sure leave payouts are done correctly. So over doing payroll, definitely not looking at any jobs that include it.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:23 pm

luvdids wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Didn't actually find it boring at all, and not that flat. Definitely dry in parts.
Stayed at Zoofari Lodge in the Dubbo zoo (wow! what an experience!), the staff were saying it had rained a little the week before we arrived but before that not since Christmas last year Shocked

So many dead roos on the side of the road Crying or Very sad This they also explained - because of the drought - water pools at the edges of the road so the roos go there looking for food & get cleaned up. Knew there'd be a few on the sides of the road along the way but not one every meter or two on both sides! Crying or Very sad

Trucks get most of them and mainly at night. Apart from any surface water in table drains, they get up and around at night and can get dazzled by headlights. That's why you always be extra careful driving at night up bush, cos they make a real mess of a car if you hit one.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:19 am

Wow wow wow, can you believe this day is here! I知 a wreck! Round 2 I wanted a complete clean out! Never been so happy in my life to be WRONG! Not even when I知 right! How good is this? No matter what happens tonight I知 so damn proud I might burst! My favourite game ever isthe 2010 prelim over those fricken awful cats! Dare to dream guysdare to dream.....enjoy!
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
luvdids wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Trucks get most of them and mainly at night. Apart from any surface water in table drains, they get up and around at night and can get dazzled by headlights. That's why you always be extra careful driving at night up bush, cos they make a real mess of a car if you hit one.

Well, derr. Thanks for the tip, that most people have known about since forever. Laughing
My point was about there being many many more because of the drought & the scarcity of food & water.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:42 pm

think positive wrote:
Wow wow wow, can you believe this day is here! I知 a wreck! Round 2 I wanted a complete clean out! Never been so happy in my life to be WRONG! Not even when I知 right! How good is this? No matter what happens tonight I知 so damn proud I might burst! My favourite game ever isthe 2010 prelim over those fricken awful cats! Dare to dream guysdare to dream.....enjoy!

It's an amazing feeling. I'm bursting in excitement for tonight.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:24 pm

May just have a 3 month contract job. Going in for a handover on Monday arvo at this stage, to start the following Monday.

Smile

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:27 pm

Can what?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 am

wow wow wow wow! WOW!! how good was that!! What a night! Go Pies!

thats what made me happy as a pig in pooh! Yahhoooooo

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:38 am

OMG! WE'RE INTO THE GRAND FINAL!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 790, 791, 792 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 791 of 866   

Jump to: