Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Did you see it ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:19 pm
Post subject: Did you see it ?Reply with quote

I spent a few hours today on the slasher keeping the back yard tidy before my departure for Friday night
So I get back to our house to find a lovely note from the good wife who's decided to go see her mother
So what's a guy to do with the house to himself ?
Yes that's right rematch our last match again
This time I kept watching after the final siren (last time I was busy drinking and celebrating with friends)
I was watching the players interaction with each other the post match interviews on the ground
They panned the camera over and Bucks was smiling and congratulating with the players when he came to Pendles
After a quick embrace you could see Bucks start asking Pendles a question which appeared to be about a on field set up which im guessing was in the last term
Now Pendles was pointing with hands in different directions whilst Bucks pointed as well. Pendles seemed to be explaining why a certain move had or hadn't happened
Bucks was taking it all in and nodded as Pendles finished his explanation and the end finished with a big smile and thumbs up to the skipper
It appears the statement made by Bucks he had handed over much more responsibility to the leaders of the team who in Bucks own words a few weeks ago had been handed the keys to driving the ship
Bucks seemed comfortable in what Pendles was saying and the explanation of why a certain move had or hadn't been made when I'm assuming again a message or plan had been made prior
For mine it's a new level of trust and empowerment of the playing group who in the heat of battle have a better feel for what's occurring during a game more so than a coach perched high in the box

I would have loved to be able to hear the conversation or lip read
It made me think to games over the past few seasons when we have won but the coach didn't seem to enjoy the win as much as one would assume he would for whatever reason
It's all part of growth we e seen this season not only in the coach but the leaders and the team as well

If you get the chance to watch please do would love someone else's opinion on how they viewed it
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure did see it, was slightly merry at the time, but remember wondering what that was all about, and being quietly reassured that they were not drinking the bathwater of a pretty ordinary, it must be said, finals win....also made me quietly comfortable that regardless of the final score, we are going to give a very good account of ourselves on Friday night.

We will all feel very proud over the weekend, of that I am sure

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:32 pm

The only thing I saw on the little screen was that conceited cnut Toby Greene standing disconsolate on the MCG, none of his teammates went to him after the game, he stood there like a shag on a rock. It was left to Maynard - who had just given him a comprehensive four-quarter towel-up - to run over and shake his hand.

Bit sad when your only friend is wearing the other jumper.

Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:14 am

I did see it....

And I would've loved to hear what was said.

It would of been a very interesting insight into modern football

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:17 am

I saw it too and wondered what it was all about. I subscribe to your analysis and agree that it is a sign of a much more inclusive and trusting environment.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:44 am

SP and SS are the two Collingwood Rain Men.
See this post in the Buckley Coaching thread:
http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1864473#1864473
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:15 am

On the Jock and Journo podcast, Pendles gets asked about this and says they were debating were to go for breakfast the next day... should we go here, no there... but then says it was about some onfield positioning before they both laughed and said what are we doing, lets enjoy the win and talk about this later.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:41 am

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve rewatched this, magnified, and can confirm the exchange as follows:

Pendles: “Did you see the stuff in the Press about that guy down the back wearing number 8 for us?”

Bucks: “The guy cleaning up all the ground ball?”

Pendles: “Yes, him. Who is he?”

Bucks: “No idea. But we might give him a contract”.

Pendles: [thumbs up]

Bucks: “And make him Captain....”
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:32 pm

At the final centre bounce with GWS down by two majors, they were ready to throw the kitchen sink at everything and anything.

Whitfield was on the centre wing by himself while Stephenson was his direct opponent. Such was the noise out there, Stephenson couldn't hear any clear direction and wound up being stuck between half back and Whitfield in no mans land unable to put himself in any effective position.

You could see Sidebottom who had planted himself at half back screaming at him to push back and allow the half forwards to roll onto the wing to pick up Whitfield but it never eventuated.

I would imagine Bucks would have been a bit frustrated watching on, knowing that we had left ourselves wide open if the ball had spilled into the wrong hands.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:36 pm

On field leaders will have to step up more next season. Runners will be much more restricted in their access (just after goals I think). Maybe great periods where the leaders will be calling the shots, without help from the coaches box.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:55 pm

Sack the coach. Rolling Eyes
K 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:54 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
On field leaders will have to step up more next season. Runners will be much more restricted in their access (just after goals I think). Maybe great periods where the leaders will be calling the shots, without help from the coaches box.

They can try to get messages out through the interchanges. I'm beginning to think the average AFL footballer is rather challenged in that area, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: