Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lash Lions - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

SwansWay wrote:
Well done pies! For all the Mayne bashers, humble pie for supper! He was massive tonight. Varcoe was monumental in the first half. JDG is a champion!! I can't believe some people on this board thought we wouldn't win again for the year 😎

Mayne was terrible. There are 12 better players than him in the seconds and half of them arent even on an AFL list. Its like people are so desperate to pretend that he isnt a complete waste of space that they are determined to find every backwards handball an act of genius. It is a tragedy that he played ahead of Daicos.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:12 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Good work, Pies. Brisbane are no pushover but did what needed to be done if we are to be considered finals-worthy.

Next week looms larger than ever. Win it and a double chance is a real option. One slightly odd scenario is that we might end up going west in the last week of H&A then conceivably playing first week fi finals two weeks later. You have to wonder whether it'd be worth staying over there if that happened.
Do you often use a computer there?
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:12 pm

Collingwood 14.20.104
Brisbane 11.7.73

Goals: De Goey 4, Mihocek 3, Stevo, Mayne 2, JT, Sier, Varco 1,

Disposals: Adams 33, Pendles, Sidey 28, Crisp, Sier 27, Stevo 25, Aish 23, Phillips 22, Murray 19, Maynard, Madgen 16, De Goey 12, Grundy 13, Langdon, Levi, Mayne 15, JT 12, Varcoe, Oxley 11,

Tackles: Levi 8, Varcoe 6, Sier 5, JT 4

AF Points: Stevo 115, Crisp 108, Sier 98, Sidey 97, Adams 93, Sier 89, Aish 87, Grundy 89, Levi 84

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:13 pm

Good solid win. Brisbane are a lot better side than their ladder position.

They changed it up early, we adapted. Well done coaches,

With 6 of the 7 Dwarfs playing in our backline (Dopey was in the VFL) we still managed to maintain a good defensive effort. Good game, good win. Here come finals.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:14 pm

I once called Adams Oscar Pistorius. His kicking has improved out of sight!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:15 pm

Grundy killed that contest with his astonishing third quarter. He is the best player at Collingwood by miles and probably the most influential footballer who has played for us since Daicos(1).
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

warburton lad wrote:
No injuries or reports- add Howe and perhaps Daicos next week. After what I witnessed today at North Port, McLarty is close to getting a game. At 197cms, he gives us height in the back half.

I watched most of the second half on TV and MClarty looks like he played a ripper WL. He looked confient and assured.

Last edited by watt price tully on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
foreigner Aries

Mugwump wrote:
Good work, Pies. Brisbane are no pushover but did what needed to be done if we are to be considered finals-worthy.

Next week looms larger than ever. Win it and a double chance is a real option. One slightly odd scenario is that we might end up going west in the last week of H&A then conceivably playing first week fi finals two weeks later. You have to wonder whether it'd be worth staying over there if that happened.

Stay west for 2+ weeks? Probably not

Last edited by foreigner on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
September Zeros 

Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
Well done pies! For all the Mayne bashers, humble pie for supper! He was massive tonight. Varcoe was monumental in the first half. JDG is a champion!! I can't believe some people on this board thought we wouldn't win again for the year 😎

Mayne was terrible. There are 12 better players than him in the seconds and half of them arent even on an AFL list. Its like people are so desperate to pretend that he isnt a complete waste of space that they are determined to find every backwards handball an act of genius. It is a tragedy that he played ahead of Daicos.

You and I should probably rewatch the game. See if we come to an agreement the second time round because I think you are so far over the mark youve just given away 50. He contributed well tonight- very well.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:17 pm

What a great win.We looked gone for all money in the first quarter,so it was great that they were able to come back and win,especially with so many players out.And unlike some,i'm not going to knock any of the players tonight.They all played their guts out,and they all deserve the credit for the win.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Grundy killed that contest with his astonishing third quarter. He is the best player at Collingwood by miles and probably the most influential footballer who has played for us since Daicos(1).

That I do agree with .

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

I thought that was probably his best game for us. Yes, he is not going to trouble the Tigers on the G in a big final or probably any serious flag contender for that matter. He is not quick but he puts his body on the line and given our injury problems we just need him and anyone else prepared to do that in the side. Our best 22 does not have him in it but right now he is in our best 22. I give credit where credit is due and a bagging when its due and tonight he deserves a pat on the back.

MONCO: Your life.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

Smells like clickbait.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

Pies4shaw wrote:

You're a genius Shocked

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

I watched it on the radio and tht was certainly not the impression created on the radio (both MMM and the ABC)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: