Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What did you find odd today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Surely there's more odd things than me?

Anyway, left the old girl up bush for 2 weeks while I do some bathroom renovations. She's been living with me now for near 2 years, and it just felt really strange, or odd even, having the house to myself after so long.

Little things like being able to crank up the radio in the back room at 7:30am, dishes not doing themselves, just the feeling of being alone. I like it, but I'm not used to it.

Can't afford to get too used to it, I have work to do and have to bring her back in a couple of weeks.

i wont answer the first question!!

really? its nearly 2 years? shit thats gone fast! enjoy! and you never know, she might want to stay there, then you will miss her!! cheers

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:26 am

Just got back from dropping the daughter off at the airport and my guts are in a total knot.

She's off to Europe for 3 months and I don't know if I'm worried or what it is. I know she's sensible and smart, usually, but this chick she's "sort of" in a relationship with is the most disorganised bugger I've ever met.

The original plans was my daughter had a kontiki tour all organised and booked, now she's dropped that to make it up as they go along. She's got the flight to Athens booked, somewhere to stay there and then the flight to London and that's about it. Confused

They were both supposed to come here this morning, leave the daughters car here while she's gone, and I'd drive them to the airport, but the GF had a last minute meltdown trying to finish packing, so squirt left her with her mother to organise her and came over here on her own. She did get a call on the way that mum must have knocked her into shape and they were on the way.

My baby girl off to europe with a disorganised froot loop (who I quite like as a person actually) and I feel sick.

I really hope she has a great time. I'm going to miss seeing her each Sunday. Sad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:04 pm

shes got her head screwed on right, she will be fine papa bear!
um, when did she switch sides??

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Yikes! That is all water under the bridge.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:46 pm

think positive wrote:
shes got her head screwed on right, she will be fine papa bear!
um, when did she switch sides??

Yeah, that's what I keep telling myself.

The switching sides is interesting. She told me Xmas eve she was sort of seeing someone. I asked if it was (X bloke) and she hesitated for a second and said it's not a bloke. I digested that for about 5 seconds and just said "whatever makes you happy" and I meant it.

I'm not sure she's fully switched sides and I don't think she is either. I asked her a while back if this means she was done with blokes and all she said was "I don't know", so I'll put that down to personality dependant. I'm not really fussed either way, whatever works for her.

the reason I say "sort of" in a relationship is because that's how she refers to it. lala (not her real name) is supposed to be staying in Europe and getting work (despite not actually getting her working visa, having saved any money or being organised in any way) and squirt has always planned to come back.

I can see some very tense moments in their future in the next few months, I did caution squirt last night that no matter how much Lala irritates her, hitting her on the head with a brick is not a good idea, especially in a foreign country.

I quite like lala, she's been over for dinner several times on Sunday's and she's fun. I can just see trying to travel with her for 3 months is a potential nightmare. You'd love her but she would do your head in at the same time.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:40 pm

I like the way you handled it.

Maybe the craziness and your daughters always in control persona balance each other out. I’m sure they will have an amazing time, but good advice r3 the brick!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:53 pm

She just texted me, they'e arrived in Singapore and it's apparently bloody hot. Laughing

Few hours stop over then off to Athens.

She's not always in control, she's worse at paying bills than I am and if it wasn't for the last minute she would never have done a school assignment, but she won't take shit from anyone and is strong mentally. This will be an absolute experience for her. We've clashed something fierce at times, but always get through it and I love her to death.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:00 am

Hugs mate, have a drink, She be right! You did good
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:38 pm

^

She's having a ball. Started in Athens, then moved to Crete. Spent the past week and a bit in a 2 story house in the mountains mainly hiking, relaxing and cooking at home. One big shop at the local version of Aldi lasted a week.

Anyway, what I'm finding really odd is that my computer mouse has developed an aversion to my right hand.

It's a cordless mouse with a small wireless thingo plugged into a USB port to connect. The PC is under the desk so that may cause some interference, but this is strange.

When I use my right hand, it frequently hangs, isn't responsive, won't move where I want it to and basically drives me mental.

When I switch to my left hand, it works fine. Confused

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:56 am

That’s cos left hands are smarter more efficient entertaining sparkling with personality! We leave right hands behind!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:13 pm

Suit on, shoes with socks Confused about to head to the city for a sort of "Handover" for a job I know very little about.

Feels weird, and I've got butterflies in my stomach the size of pterodactyls.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:43 pm

good luck hope it went well
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:24 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Suit on, shoes with socks Confused about to head to the city for a sort of "Handover" for a job I know very little about.

Feels weird, and I've got butterflies in my stomach the size of pterodactyls.

Good luck Stui, I am sure you will be fine. I hope the butterflies are happy butterflies!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:47 pm

All good, cheers guys.

Had a handover with the bloke who's leaving, lot of reading to do before next Monday, had a chat to the new boss on the way home, looking forward to it.

Gonna be interesting being HR support to a bunch of snr academics, but meh, I'm sure they can be taught. Wink

One thing that was a real shock was being in the northen part of the CBD during the day. I thought the train must have gone through a space portal and I was in Bejing. Shocked

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:48 pm

earlier this week, one of the girls at work asked me what my speciality cook was on Sunday when the kids come over.

I replied with a few and the bloke behind me chimed in with they have crumbed chicken and mashed potatoes every Sunday.

Every Sunday. Confused

I mean, growing up we had a roast lunch every Sunday, but the protein could have been chicken, lamb or pork (rarely had beef)

But having the exact same meal every Sunday?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 80 of 84   

Jump to: