Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're sitting behind the essendon cheersquad, directly opposite to us.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:08 pm

Funny if Essendon lose, not so much if they win.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:24 pm

Would have been a quiet afternoon at that end!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:03 pm

So while my MIL is thankfully free of pain now, my poor FIL is not so lucky. worse still its like a bad movie, ( i wont say 50 first dates or groundhog day, both good movies!!).
You can visit him twice in one day and still the same questions: where am I? When am i going home, Wheres Rose?

So do you lie? or will it eventually sink in? Do we have to keep breaking his heart? I thought of putting a big pic of her in his room with a RIP quote, but he is down to 10-15% vision. I just have no idea. Its so bloody sad and cruel. He is a lovely man and always was.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:59 pm

think positive wrote:
So while my MIL is thankfully free of pain now, my poor FIL is not so lucky. worse still its like a bad movie, ( i wont say 50 first dates or groundhog day, both good movies!!).
You can visit him twice in one day and still the same questions: where am I? When am i going home, Wheres Rose?

So do you lie? or will it eventually sink in? Do we have to keep breaking his heart? I thought of putting a big pic of her in his room with a RIP quote, but he is down to 10-15% vision. I just have no idea. Its so bloody sad and cruel. He is a lovely man and always was.

It’s terrible the way we can go out at the end, Bill is certainly one of the good guys, a true gentleman. Please let me know when Roses funeral is Jo.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:28 am

Pa Marmo wrote:
think positive wrote:

It’s terrible the way we can go out at the end, Bill is certainly one of the good guys, a true gentleman. Please let me know when Roses funeral is Jo.

Will do honey, waiting on the certificate, should be tomorrow, then we can get organised, cheers mate xxx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:49 pm

No one's dead. That's the good bit.

I got a message tonight from someone who worked for me back when I had a job, wanting to use me as a reference. We had a chat online for a while and what makes me sad is that for a fair few years it was a really good place to work. This woman is a seriously good leader, always a positive attitude, and the thing I loved most about her was that if she disagreed with what I or above wanted to do, she'd make her arguments and then when she lost, she'd get on with it and take ownership. 9/10 times she came around to see it was right in the first place, the other 1/10 was when it wasn't my idea.

What was a very good workplace is now not. That's the second person in a week confirming it and 3rd in a month. That's sad when a good work culture is destroyed. Only the chosen few, all new, are trusted and inform decision making. The rest of the senior ones have either left or are looking to leave. It's a shame. Yeah, an overhaul was needed but this is just............sad.

Interestingly, I saw a job advertised there which I'm not applying for, but asked about. Seems like the written recommendation I made around 12 months ago about structure, which was rejected at the time, has now been adopted. The new leader, over 12 months in, isn't creating a great culture it seems.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:34 pm

took my FIL out for the day, He hates the nursing home, we have had a couple of abusive phone calls demanding he be taken home (i did tell them not to lie to him when they went into the home, they told him he had to be there because his wife needed help, of course She died just 6 days later, and its the one thing he has remembered all year!) Picked him up and drove him to Port Arlington, he had a cabin nearby for over 40 years, so he loved the place. Gave him a VB when he got in the car, and he swooned while he drank it! he wanted fish and chips so i went to my (not any more) favorite chip shop there, and we got fish and chips & i gave him a second stubby. took him to the house in indented head, hubby and the chippies are putting up the 2nd floor frame, so he really enjoyed that. then off to the golf club for another beer & put some money in a pokie machine for him. just about had to drag him out! drove down past where his cabin was, and we talked, same thing over and over, what are we doing for christmas, where is the house, how many squares, how are the kids doing in school, groundhog day, so i mix the answers up a bit! finally half way down the highway, hes snoring like a baby. I pull up at the lights around the corner and he wakes up and says "'how long you been here for now?'' and i realize he thinks im taking him to my place. I take him inside the home and say "do you want to go to your room or the tv room?" he says where are we now? I say you live here now Bill. He visibly shrinks. he says the tv room is fine. He sits down, and I say I have to go. he gives me a half hearted bye, and goes back in his shell. And i walk away as the tears start to come. Gees. I konw he had a wonderful day, and i was happy to give him that, and i know he didnt mean anything. but oh god. that is just not living. It broke my heart.

tomorrow Mum has been gone 6 years. She was in a home for just under 2 years. And She hated it. Bill i reckon could last a fair while. Rose was so lucky. Its like She got comfy, knew Bill would be ok, enjoyed eating dessert for just 6 days, and went out quietly, and hopefully, peacefully.

Its not living. $£$%^%%$ hell. just $£$%^%%$ hell.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:32 pm

Just came back from my sister’s funeral. As some of you who know me on Facebook will already be aware, she died a bit over a week ago; she was only 15. We don’t know the cause of death so far – all I know is that she came home late on a Thursday night after possibly drinking with a friend, tried to vomit during the night, went back to bed and was found by my parents the next morning. There’s been an autopsy and police are investigating, but the results are still being processed, so we went ahead with the viewing of her body yesterday afternoon and the funeral this morning. It’s all tremendously sad, but it was lovely to see so many photographs of her and be there with my family, who are of course all battling different forms of grief right now.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Oh, I just saw this. I'm so sorry to read that, David. Condolences to you and your family. Take care.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:30 pm

David wrote:
Just came back from my sister’s funeral. As some of you who know me on Facebook will already be aware, she died a bit over a week ago; she was only 15. We don’t know the cause of death so far – all I know is that she came home late on a Thursday night after possibly drinking with a friend, tried to vomit during the night, went back to bed and was found by my parents the next morning. There’s been an autopsy and police are investigating, but the results are still being processed, so we went ahead with the viewing of her body yesterday afternoon and the funeral this morning. It’s all tremendously sad, but it was lovely to see so many photographs of her and be there with my family, who are of course all battling different forms of grief right now.

Geezus, 15. Crying or Very sad

I hope you and your family are holding up OK. That was a really nice piece you wrote on FB

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:40 pm

Terribly sorry to read that, David. My condolences.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Thanks all. Been a tough week, but good to be around family right now.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:17 pm

Sorry to read about your sister David, hope all of your family and friends have enough support around them to help get through this.
npalm 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:19 pm

That's very sad and tragic, David. My condolences to you and your family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 36 of 70   

Jump to: