Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Dons - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
In case anyone else has, like me, an unwarranted, irrational dislike of Jake Stringer, let me state that he managed 1 point today.

Langdon thrashed him - not that a number of the folk on here will want to acknowledge that.

False again P4S. From midway through the first term to late in the 3rd Essendon played Hurley as there free man in defence. Langdon was ours hence his 15 touches in the first half. Watch the game again closely. Hurley took about 6000 intercept marks by being allowed to drift in contest. Langdon provided less intercept marking but did offer many spoils and impacted contest helping other defenders.
Stringer played the majority of his time as a high half forward working into the midfield and only sparingly getting into the forward 50.
If you want a good insight into Langdon's game go to the goal that Stringer set up late in the 3rd when he got out the back then sent it inside for a easy goal to them. Pendles run about 50m to berate Langdon. You can see the vision clearly on TV replay Pendles giving him a absolute spray. This from a calm captain who isn't known for this sort of spray.
Then fast forward to id way through the final term Langdon is in the clear with Mayne 25m ahead of him on the wing 20m clear of a opponent and Langdon misses him by 25m to kick it OOF. Mayne's reaction says it all.
Langdon did some good things yesterday but he still had those brain farts that cost goals. For the record champion data credited him with 2 goals conceded yesterday which is close to his season low tally. Howe also was credited with 2 goals conceded as wa Scharenberg
Crisp was our best defender statistically yesterday

Watch the replay and this is how the game within the game worked.

When Bellchambers is in ruck - sharenberg takes deepest ( and tallest ) forward and thats McKernan. Langdon goes to Brown. Stringer works up the ground ( looks like Maynard but there are more hand overs further up the ground )

When McKernan is in ruck - sharenberg goes to Brown ( who becomes deepest tallest forward ) and Langdon goes to Stringer, who then plays more as a stay at home forward.
I lost interest in those one on ones after half time, so things might have been switched up after then.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Jezza wrote:
Buckley's Press Conference:

......]

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-07-08/raw-buckley-reflects-on-gutsy-win[/quote]

Thanks Jezza

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:47 pm

think positive wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^ nice work, Jezza, thanks. Since the video is available on the .collingwoodfc website, Im not sure the effort you must put into this is justified by the slight added convenience for me to read it this way, but thanks !

Give it up for the deaf bitch!

Thanks Jezza, I really appreciate your work, the videos rarely have subtitles and Aussie men for the most part, mumble! Cheers!

I echo TPs comments, as a deaf guy it can be hard to understand the press conferences so thankyou Jezza!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:53 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

I echo TPs comments, as a deaf guy it can be hard to understand the press conferences so thankyou Jezza!

As a hearing guy it can be hard to understand the press conferences.....aural or written. Wink
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

As a hearing guy it can be hard to understand the press conferences.....aural or written. Wink

As a deaf, dumb blind kid I can sure play mean (foot) ball.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:32 pm

Well I lost my tip (thought Essendon were going to beat us and thanks be the lord that Orazia Fantazia was injured). In fact my tips are doing worse than Australian / Phillipine basketball relations, worse than President Duartes drug outreach programmes and worse than Senator Leyonhjolm's apologies.

I was knackered having worked in the morning & just getting to the Gn on time but gee it was worth it.

I loved that last quarter. Brave smart foooty. Loved it.

Go pies.

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:29 pm

simon tonna wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
warburton lad wrote:

Will never listen to Channel Seven commentary that includes Nigel Carmody or Jude Bolton ever again

I muted the a...oles after half time! Brian Taylor is not much better. Don't know how he continues to get the gig.

Couldn't listen to the bias so muted at half time. How can it be ignored. It only happens in the afl.
Brian Taylor must of been a dickhead to play along side as he has no loyalty.

Jude Bolton, take a bow. You have gone to top of the list for the most anti-Collingwood biased commentary I have ever heard. It was cringeworthy to say the least.
I mean if you were even half serious about your caareer as a commentaor, the first thing you'd make sure of is to be fair and impartial.

PS. just as I was writing thiis, I quickly googled himi...low and behold.."attended St Bernard's College Essendon". P#ss off flog, and find another job.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:01 am

Mugwump wrote:
^ nice work, Jezza, thanks. Since the video is available on the .collingwoodfc website, Im not sure the effort you must put into this is justified by the slight added convenience for me to read it this way, but thanks !

think positive wrote:
Thanks Jezza, I really appreciate your work, the videos rarely have subtitles and Aussie men for the most part, mumble! Cheers!

watt price tully wrote:
Thanks Jezza

eddiesmith wrote:

Thank you all.

I'm happy to do it on a weekly basis because it can benefit people who live overseas, but are unable to stream the presser on the club's website.

Also, I do it partially for my own benefit as reading the coach's thoughts on the match can be easier for me to understand what he's discussed rather than just listening to him.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:40 am

Jezza wrote:

Thank you all.

I'm happy to do it on a weekly basis because it can benefit people who live overseas, but are unable to stream the presser on the club's website.

Also, I do it partially for my own benefit as reading the coach's thoughts on the match can be easier for me to understand what he's discussed rather than just listening to him.

Thanks Jezza. I look forward to reading your transcripts of Buckley's post-match press conferences, even though I watch them on TV or via the AFL site.

Have you thought of posting your transcripts in a dedicated thread of their own, rather than being buried inside numerous post-game threads. They are worthy of their own thread, and would provide a catalogue of Buckley's post-game thinking. Be easy to go back and find a particular commentary of a game, and it would over time become a useful historical document.

(You could call the thread simply "Transcripts of Buckley's Post-Game Pressers", or perhaps some thing more Biblical like, "The Gospel According to Nathan")

Thanks, again.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:37 pm

Been away from the desk out at sea with Gault , a gutsy win our Captain slayed the whingers and De Goey was a beast in that last quarter. Our back six held there own, but we will really need Moore or possibly Mc Larty against the bigger forwards. Well done to Sidey on 200 games and a winning grin, up yours Goddard and McKernan.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:01 pm

^and up yours to sooky Hurley too. Essendon did a lot of whingeing on the weekend
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: