Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Climate change

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Nigerian prince offer to sell me land & real estate at Tuvalu. It's going at bargain basement prices. Same flag so I'll feel at home.

Apparently you need to know how to swim as part of the contract.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:11 am

^^^Tuvalu Heights Estate? I already bought there.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:58 pm

http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/11/4/048002/meta

The consensus is that there's a consensus that humans are causing global warming.

"The consensus that humans are causing recent global warming is shared by 90%100% of publishing climate scientists according to six independent studies by co-authors of this paper. Those results are consistent with the 97% consensus reported by Cook et al (Environ. Res. Lett. 8 024024) based on 11 944 abstracts of research papers, of which 4014 took a position on the cause of recent global warming. A survey of authors of those papers (N = 2412 papers) also supported a 97% consensus."
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:56 am

And, bowing to the inevitable, Abbott has a new approach - if you can't deny it, sing its praises: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/oct/10/tony-abbott-says-climate-change-is-probably-doing-good
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:37 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^Tuvalu Heights Estate? I already bought there.

Just don't plan on building a basment car park too soon.

I'm thinking of setting up business selling amphibious vehicles to the locals. Then again it could be good place to build "our" submarines. Need to call the Chinese to get a copy of the plans.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:45 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
And, bowing to the inevitable, Abbott has a new approach - if you can't deny it, sing its praises: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/oct/10/tony-abbott-says-climate-change-is-probably-doing-good

Did Milliband "I know Donald Trump has lowered the bar for idiocy but....." or the Australian Greens "This would almost be funny, except Tony Abbott is the man running Australias climate and energy policies" put it best?

I'll have Milliband of the UK know that The Mad Misogynist Monk is our "idiot" if you don't mind.

The lengths some people go to to snooker Turnbull, I don't know. I'm glad The Mad Misogynist Monk is choosing not to do a Rudd on the Prince of Point Piper. Wink

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:43 pm

As good a logic as many reasons I've heard Wink Laughing
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:16 pm

The coolest summer fora decade in Perth. Not one day over 40 degrees this month.

Yes, its mild outside: Coolest start to Perth summer in nine years.

Has anyone seen Perths summer?

Until recently you couldnt miss it. Its long, full of glorious hot, dry days and its covered head-to-toe in sunscreen.

Youll know it by the ever-present din of air-conditioning on full, the sound of a wet tennis ball on willow at the beach and the wonderful smell of sausages and steak sizzling on a barbecue.

Not so much this year . . . yet.

The Bureau of Meteorology says Perth is experiencing its coolest start to summer in almost a decade.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/baby-its-mild-outside-coolest-start-to-perth-summer-in-9-years-ng-b88361038z

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:17 pm

stui magpie wrote:
As good a logic as many reasons I've heard Wink Laughing

Chris Hill is all over it Laughing Laughing

Spokesman for the climate change movement beckons this man. Him and Al Gore could trade knowledge.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:48 am

Skids wrote:
The coolest summer fora decade in Perth. Not one day over 40 degrees this month.

Yes, its mild outside: Coolest start to Perth summer in nine years.

Has anyone seen Perths summer?

Until recently you couldnt miss it. Its long, full of glorious hot, dry days and its covered head-to-toe in sunscreen.

Youll know it by the ever-present din of air-conditioning on full, the sound of a wet tennis ball on willow at the beach and the wonderful smell of sausages and steak sizzling on a barbecue.

Not so much this year . . . yet.

The Bureau of Meteorology says Perth is experiencing its coolest start to summer in almost a decade.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/baby-its-mild-outside-coolest-start-to-perth-summer-in-9-years-ng-b88361038z

I suppose you know that this is completely irrelevant to anything, ever, don't you?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:21 am

How to change climate:

"Iranian general says Israel stealing Iran's clouds"

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5302428,00.html

....and in breaking news the BDS campaign is now going to ban all clouds coming from the West Bank.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:26 am

^

Bloody clever those Israelis. Wink Laughing Laughing

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:29 am

http://www.newsweek.com/iran-general-says-israel-behind-climate-change-stealing-clouds-1005190

Quote:
"Perhaps they have documents in this regard, and I'm not in the pipeline, but based on meteorological information, there is no possibility that a country will steal snow or clouds," Vazife told the Iranian Students' News Agency in a follow-up piece, adding that, if it was possible for a country to steal clouds, the U.S. would not be suffering its own water shortage because Washington would just steal it from other countries in its vapor form.

Vazife warned that "raising such issues not only fails to solve any of our problems, but distracts us from finding the correct solutions," emphasizing that these discussions were best held in a scientific environment.

And we think the CSIRO has it bad under a Liberal government... imagine being these guys!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:48 am

Now Skids, how would you like the egg on your face: Scrambled, fried or poached?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:44 am

This does seem to depend on the presumption that the sceptics will ever admit that they were wrong or that any clear evidence could ever convince them of that fact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 12 of 51   

Jump to: