Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 678, 679, 680 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit harsh on your mum, who Im sure cleans up after you. Who cleans the shower? Get your own place and you can have it any way you like!

- I could also add do you check you leave no debris behind when you shower?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:59 am

The fkn cold. Evil or Very Mad

Yesterday I was swimming at 8am in 22 degrees.

This morning I go outside to get the newspaper off the driveway and can scrape the ice off the car with my fingernails.

Fkn Bullshit. Sad

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:43 pm

I figured out how to mount my Grandfathers blacksmith post vice on a bench in the shed finally today.

did the set up, drilled the holes, then went and got the vice to carry it in. 70+kg of cast iron. At the moment I lifted it up to put it on the bench, my fkn back spasmed. Mad Only had it in place for about a minute, but long enough to bend the steel frame of the bench.

Called it a day, neurofen and voltaren gel, but you are going on that bench if I have to rig a block and tackle.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:49 pm

Mate, you seriously expected your back to tolerate a lift of 150 pounds of iron at age 50 ? How long have you owned a back ?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:09 pm

^

I'm resigned to the fact I'm not in my 20's anymore but I refuse to admit I'm in my 50's. I can still pick up stuff that's too heavy for my 28 year old son

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:06 am

stui magpie wrote:
The fkn cold. Evil or Very Mad

Yesterday I was swimming at 8am in 22 degrees.

This morning I go outside to get the newspaper off the driveway and can scrape the ice off the car with my fingernails.

Fkn Bullshit. Sad
my heater has been playing up a bit since the start of winter (for me that was about April!) and a couple of weeks back it would go to reset every half hour or so, so I called our heater guy. Hes a cool dude, family friend, hasnt charged me yet for a service call a year ago! Hes alsways flat chat, year round, takes a while to get here! so he rocks up last night about 6.30pm unannounced, gave him a decent scotch and a hunk of freshly cooked roast beef, and this morning I woke up and went ahhhhhhhh, toasty warm! No idea what he did up there, but wow, its weird, maybe its been off for a while, cos its a nice, even heat all through the house! Now I might survive winter!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:08 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

I'm resigned to the fact I'm not in my 20's anymore but I refuse to admit I'm in my 50's. I can still pick up stuff that's too heavy for my 28 year old son

Can and should are two different things, time to set your ego down. Rig up a block and tackle at least!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:23 pm

Well the heater is fixed, about all thats been good this week. Three weeks ago I took my MIL. For a chest scan as she had a nasty cough/flu. She almost collapsed walking 100 m to the car so I got my SIL. To take her to the doc. Cancer had spread to liver and lungs. Three $$%^%%$ weeks ago. She just went down hill. So last week we found a nursing home for her and the FIL who has dementia and is 90% blind. They went in today. And my dad goes into a retirement village Monday (I stood my ground, either we all go to clean up for him or none of us do!) so I just got back from the home. They say she has weeks or months. I hope its fast. No one deserves to have to live like this. They said get the grand kids here in the next week because after that she will be doped to the eye balls. All three are 88 or there abouts, a good innings. Yes. But shit if they could just roll over and die in their sleep. Please.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:31 pm

How's your old man going to cope in a retirement village? My impression was he doesn't play well with others.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:49 am

stui magpie wrote:
How's your old man going to cope in a retirement village? My impression was he doesn't play well with others.

Yup, your correct! And I have no idea! Sadly, I dont care.ifi can avoid going up there I will, hes broke so we will have to pay for the move between the three of us, but 2 of us would rather pay than go up there! He doesnt have a friend left, he had 1 mate but told him where to go. I dropped in in December and he managed about 45 min before he had a crack at me, and I stood up and said, ok time to go, seeya, he said Im only joking, and I said yeah jokes on me, bye. And walked.

He will be in a unit with a small lounge, invalid bathroom, small kitchenette and bedroom with a little courtyard, on the Internet it looks like one of those relocatables by the layout, but apparently they are brick. They have a dining hall, cant see that lasting long. Meh. I dont like feeling this way but what do you do?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:53 am

"? " No idea about that?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:21 pm

My wife and I own a 2009 Ford G6 sedan. 160,000 km's. The 5 speed auto transmission has gone. $4000 big ones to get a refurbished one. A second hand one aint worth the trouble as there is an endemic flaw in the transmission.

You'd think, if there is an endemic flaw how is that the car manafacturers are allowed to get away with selling cars with defects?

Getting it fixed on Monday.

Will drive it for at least another 160,000 km before thinking of a new one.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:52 pm

watt price tully wrote:
My wife and I own a 2009 Ford G6 sedan. 160,000 km's. The 5 speed auto transmission has gone. $4000 big ones to get a refurbished one. A second hand one aint worth the trouble as there is an endemic flaw in the transmission.

You'd think, if there is an endemic flaw how is that the car manafacturers are allowed to get away with selling cars with defects?

Getting it fixed on Monday.

Will drive it for at least another 160,000 km before thinking of a new one.

Is this the first time the tranny has gone? Do you do much towing? Hills? Whats the market value of the car? 160000 moderate to hard klm is pretty good! After all, its a ford!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:56 pm

$4k for a new transmission? Shocked Screw that.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:
$4k for a new transmission? Shocked Screw that.

Thats why I asked the market value! Fix the tranny what goes next?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 678, 679, 680 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 679 of 719   

Jump to: