Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Big Bad Barry

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it’s tolerably clear that the guy has no idea what he’s doing and shouldn’t be allowed near a microphone. Unimpressive stuff.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I didn’t think it was funny either, for what it’s worth. It was a crass and tone-deaf joke that fell flat. I just find all the holier-than-thou hand-wringing over it (including by his employer, who I think overreacted) pretty ridiculous and a sign of where we’re at as a culture – easily offended, easily scared of causing offence and as prudish as ever.

I tend to agree. In part.

I don't think it was vile or as horrible as it has been made out to be by many people who most likely haven't even heard the actual audio. Christ, Jimmy Carr makes a career out of far worse stuff than this.

The difference is the audience and setting. People go to a jimmy carr show expecting that kind of stuff, they don't expect to tune into a pre game footy show on the radio to first hear Montagna describing how the doctor stuck 2 fingers up his wife to check how dilated her cervix was and then for Barry Hall to chime in with what made Leigh really nervous was the doctor was a young good looking rooster and licked his fingers after he took them out.

It wasn't a rape joke, it was aimed at Montagna more than his wife, but it was absolutely toner deaf to the audience listening . It was a boof headed ham fisted attempt at humour that was innapropriate to the context of the show and the audience.

I have no issue with Triple M sacking him, he wasn't a regular part of their roster or an ongoing employee, he was a fill in for a shift, stuffed up and got booted. But, some of the way over the top reaction is as ridiculous as it is expected from the moralising handwringers who clearly don't live in a glass house.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: