Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Zion National Park & Antelope slot canyons.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:11 pm
Post subject: Zion National Park & Antelope slot canyons.Reply with quote

Your not allowed to drive around Zion on your own, they have a free bus service thats drives around the park all day.
Before we went i booked a sunday evening sunset photography tour, and was lucky to be the only one booked it. so i had this amazing lady's full attention, it was awesome, i learned so much!

This park is just so RED! just beautiful,

mainly stayed in the one spot trying out different lenses and filters.

next morning we headed off to Page Arizona, saw these kids in a tiny town and stopped for the best lemonade ever!!

I always check out places before we go there to see if there is anything else nearby to visit,
and i read about this dirt track to an old ghost town where a lot of movies are filmed. It has a small marker off the highway and i cant believe i spotted it!
It was so worth driving down this bumpy track, just painted hills everywhere.

we didnt go all the way to the town, we just had a sedan, and it needed a 4WD!

i had a circular polarizer on (ie like wearing sunglasses to cut the glare) but these colours are real! just amazing

Lake Powell, had a hard time taking pics here, the sun, sand, everything was so bright! we got a little bogged here too! the water is like a deep sapphire, just gorgeous

nuclear power station apparently!

Took the tour with the native owners of the land, no the tourist one over the road, and so glad we did!
no crowds, no hurrying us, and the guy drove the buggy bus like it was a grand prix car!
i would not have got these photos like this if i had not done the course the night before, i would have resorted to flash, or high ISO, so im pretty stoked with these!!

have you seen 127 hours??

perfect for newly wed pics!

so there was 10 of us on the tour, me hubby and 8 Japanese tourists with iphones,
so the 2 guides were chatting to us and offered to help me set up a sand waterfall shot!
i was getting the settings right and caught this ghost!

the tour ended with sunset on the rim of horseshoe bend canyon, and i admit, i pretty much stuffed it up! I hate heights, and this was HIGH with no fences, and i was panicking for some reason! but its still pretty, just a bit blown!

this really was a magnificent couple of days for me especially!

next up Monument valley, Arches National Park and Canyonlands!

ps id highly recommend this road trip to anyone, just fantastic! (but remember to buy alcohol early in the day, the road goes in and out of Utah! no wine or spirits after 5pm!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

How interesting .... I’ve never heard of the antelope slot canyons before, and the pics are eerily beautiful. Well done.

Having said that, I was also slightly reminded of the odd colonoscopy I’ve seen .....

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:45 pm

Awesome pics!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:40 pm

Mugwump wrote:
How interesting .... I’ve never heard of the antelope slot canyons before, and the pics are eerily beautiful. Well done.

Having said that, I was also slightly reminded of the odd colonoscopy I’ve seen .....

LOL!! cheers and thankyou!!!

KenH wrote:
Awesome pics!

Thanks Ken, appreciated, xx

These slot canyons apparently have the same flooding problems as the one the guy in the movies was caught in, they fill up with water so quickly you cant get out once it starts. some of the bends were breathe in turn sideways stuff!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: