Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpires

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:55 pm
Post subject: UmpiresReply with quote

Just got home after frothing all the back on the Geelong Flyer at the worst anti Collingwood umpiring I have witnessed all year. Allow me to present some examples:

Q2 Demons players x2 jumped into Mason Cox back - No free kick
Q3 Demons Captain pushed two of ours quiet deliberately in the back - No free kick
Q3 Demons player jumped into pack without any eyes for the ball - Demons player awarded free kick
Q4 Multiple soft free kicks awarded to Demons in their forward half in a desperate attempt to get them a victory.

Why didn’t the Coach run on to the ground after the siren and confront these jumped up little rodents and yell abuse at them? I would have gone down to their rooms if I was Coach and kicked the door in.

How dare they treat our team like this!

Anyhow tonight is a street party in Corio as proud Pies
Fans rejoice and prepare for our finals campaign in September
. We are back baby! Go Flagpies

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

the biggest head scratcher was the taylor adams knock to advantage that was apparently take out the legs because the late to the contest demons player decided to dive over the top of him.

If that is truly the rule, then the game is rubbish. Would really like to the hear the evaluation of that free.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:29 pm

We had a fantastic run with the umpires today, it wasn't favourable but we actually got most of the free kicks we should have, unlike last year

Melbourne got a few very cheap free kicks late when it was over, but when the game was alive, it was a good day for us.

The Adams free kick unfortunately was one I could see being played before he dived and the umpire probably as much paid it on the potential rather than what actually happened. Thing is the rule is FORCEFUL contact below the knees, there was no contact or minimal at best.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:00 am

eddiesmith wrote:
We had a fantastic run with the umpires today, it wasn't favourable but we actually got most of the free kicks we should have, unlike last year

Melbourne got a few very cheap free kicks late when it was over, but when the game was alive, it was a good day for us.

The Adams free kick unfortunately was one I could see being played before he dived and the umpire probably as much paid it on the potential rather than what actually happened. Thing is the rule is FORCEFUL contact below the knees, there was no contact or minimal at best.

That free kick against Adams was disgusting and highlights everything that's wrong with our game. It's the sort of decision that can change a course of a game and very nearly did. All Adams did was try to clear the ball. As it turns out players can't do that anymore without being penalised for it. The dees player made contact with Adams (not the other way around). Once upon a time football was a contact sport.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:26 am

WarrenerraW wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

That free kick against Adams was disgusting and highlights everything that's wrong with our game. It's the sort of decision that can change a course of a game and very nearly did. All Adams did was try to clear the ball. As it turns out players can't do that anymore without being penalised for it. The dees player made contact with Adams (not the other way around). Once upon a time football was a contact sport.

I think that should be the part of the rule they focus on. diving INTO a player. In this case, Adams was diving AWAY from the player and the player had to work hard just to get to the contest (much less create contact). why should the second player to the contest be protected by the more desperate player. I get if the action involves a player sliding or diving into a players legs. But this?

To be clear, when the legs aren't actually in the way of the dive, a player MUST be ABLE to get the footy.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:37 am

There was a whole page of poster blowing up in the game thread, over that free against Adams, which was a two goal turned around to the snow bunnies. Play-on call, and the game would have been ended in the 3rd.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:54 am

piedys wrote:
There was a whole page of poster blowing up in the game thread, over that free against Adams, which was a two goal turned around to the snow bunnies. Play-on call, and the game would have been ended in the 3rd.

.. and maybe at the end of the day, your final sentence explains why the umpires were just looking for a chance to help the demons cause ... or is that too cynical?

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:58 am

E wrote:
piedys wrote:

.. and maybe at the end of the day, your final sentence explains why the umpires were just looking for a chance to help the demons cause ... or is that too cynical?

Oh look; it makes you wonder what they were up to today...

All I know is that I blew up substantially LESS today, watching the game on TV, than I did for the corresponding game in 2017. Substantially. Surprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: