Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Photos from the Collingwood/Tiggers game - fixed!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What you said was too complicated for me.
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:33 pm
Post subject: Re: Photos from the Collingwood/Tiggers game - fixed!!Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
hmm, notice the turn in his foot - should he be following through in a straighter line??

his fathers son! bit skinny though

I was actually wondering whether the pregame kick was a snap and not a standard set shot.
But the pre-season training pic looks rather similar, though perhaps not quite as pronounced in terms of the anticlockwise foot rotation.
It doesn't seem like what you'd want, does it?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Wow, gees good pick up!

And I’m embarrassed to say I was about to ask who took the second one! Nice shot! Go me! That’s was the 400 Tamron, love that extra reach.

I guess we have to wait to see him kicking goals to see if it matters, but yeah, in netball follow through counts, does it in footy? I’m a lousy kick, I have no idea!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Jezza wrote:
Quality photos, Jo.

Thanks Jezza, I shoulda got one of you!

K 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:37 pm

think positive wrote:
Wow, gees good pick up!
I guess we have to wait to see him kicking goals to see if it matters, but yeah, in netball follow through counts, does it in footy?...

I'd think that the standard view of kicking is that it does matter, so this is something that should be "fixed". (There are many kicking beliefs that may turn out actually to be myths, though.) It does depend on when exactly things started getting unusual in the action.
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:00 pm

Absolutely fantastic shots there. Was at the game and had brought my 18-270 to Melbourne but didn't want to risk getting caught and not getting in to the game.

Very Happy Very Happy

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:39 pm

I have heard people suggest that you can disguise your lens as a Thermos to sneak it into the 'G. Not really sure how.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:42 pm

winpies wrote:
Absolutely fantastic shots there. Was at the game and had brought my 18-270 to Melbourne but didn't want to risk getting caught and not getting in to the game.

Very Happy Very Happy

thankyou! i was worried but a couple of weeks back a saw someone with at least a 400mm! my sigma looks very small, almost like a kit lens and i had it in a sleeve inside my bag, figured they wouldnt push to open it right up!
the girl with the 400 was hanging over the fence with it, i was pretty discreet when i had it full zoom. im not sure how well they police it. probably wouldnt take it again, but it was a good practice session for low light and speed combined!
cheers

K 

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:04 am
Post subject: Re: Photos from the Collingwood/Tiggers game - fixed!!Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
... only allowed to take up to 200mm lens in to the G unfortunately, but i got away with 250mm!

To the naive, 200mm does not sound too bad compared with 250mm. Will 200mm still give reasonable pics?

A fashion comment: I've been pondering for some time (as one does) who the remaining long-socks-up men are. Grundy and Cox are the only confirmed members of this endangered species so far.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:53 am

K wrote:
think positive wrote:
... only allowed to take up to 200mm lens in to the G unfortunately, but i got away with 250mm!

To the naive, 200mm does not sound too bad compared with 250mm. Will 200mm still give reasonable pics?

A fashion comment: I've been pondering for some time (as one does) who the remaining long-socks-up men are. Grundy and Cox are the only confirmed members of this endangered species so far.

Probably, though I’d really love to get the 400 in! But the nearest I have to a 200 is a 105 macro! Ie, useless at the G!

I’ve noticed the sock thing too, hopefully a phase, I like socks up!

K 

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:00 am

think positive wrote:
I’ve noticed the sock thing too, hopefully a phase, I like socks up!

No, that's a completely lost cause. The cause was lost when the sock company bowed to the reality of what they were doing and started producing those half-mast socks.

Buckley, P. Williams, Sav (but not Ant) were good socks-up men of recent times. Heater, I think, too. But not Burns, for example.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:58 pm

Nice pics TP. Thanks.

Just noticed that the club has set up a collection of GIFs.

https://giphy.com/collingwoodfc

Any chance you could try a capture similar on your camera? (not sure if it can take video).

Would be great to see short GIFs of kicking action, tackles, marks (eg. Callum Brown's as discussed above).
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:32 pm

oh wow ,how cool is that!
yes my camera does take video, apparently really good ones, i havent tried it yet! ill give it a go over the weekend with the dog!! cheers, ill hve to get down to training again sometime.

K 

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 pm

think positive wrote:
K wrote:

... I’ve noticed the sock thing too, hopefully a phase, I like socks up!

On Ch. 7, they just mentioned something about orange socks (a promotion of some sort?) and Paddy not wearing them... The Cats' explanation was that Dangerfield was the only player who wore his socks up in the whole team! (M. Richardson was amazed. I guess he's also old-school!)

I wonder whether these kids have even heard "pull your socks up".
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:25 pm

I suspect the Grundy-Cox socks-up thing is simply due to shin-guards. It seems the ruckman choice is now to wear a single shin-guard. That tells us something about the nature of ruck contests.

Varcoe appears to be the non-ruck socks-up man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: