Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Chris Scott calls Buckley's prior opportunity idea ‘silly’

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well scott, shove that prick Hawkins in your gob and shut the **** up!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:28 pm

I HATE Chris Scott. When he does that stupid mouth open, arms in the air thing in the coaches box, I just wanna belt him 😈
Him

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:32 pm

I hate the whole $£$%^%%$ club, even the boot studder
K 

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Invigoration wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
If you are in the camp that believes a lack of skills is part of the reason for congestion, then the answer is simple.
Raise the draft age to nineteen and no umpiring rule changes are required.

If you're in that camp, you're flat out wrong. The talent pool has been a bit more diluted by the nature of having additional teams, but it's outweighed by having a larger number of people vying to play AFL as a dedicated job with dedicated training hours etc.

The skills are just as good (in my mind, better), the difference is the fitness bases of players and therefore the increase in ability to cover ground and apply more pressure more often. ...

When talking about relative skill levels, I think you have to consider what timescale you're referring to. Skills were not great in the 70s, but since some time in the 90s the players have been fully professional. I don't think there's a greater desire to be an AFL footballer now than a couple of decades ago. The population has grown a bit, but I'm not sure if that really increases the junior talent pool.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:21 pm

Damien wrote:
I HATE Chris Scott. When he does that stupid mouth open, arms in the air thing in the coaches box, I just wanna belt him 😈
Him

I'm with you Damien. Twisted Evil
K 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:48 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
I am saddened as I am at least the third generation of males in my family that lived and breathed football and has had a connection to the club. I have two mid teenage sons, both good athletes/ sportsmen, both well over 6 feet tall, but they have no interest in football or Collingwood despite my efforts to indoctrinate them. They say that footy is boring.

What sports do they play? What sports do they like watching?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:25 am

Damien wrote:
Him

Like this one?

K 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:50 am

^^^
Does his brother do it too? Twin GIFs side by side would be fantastic.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:23 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:04 am

Anyone who calls a Collingwood great silly is full of shits
K 

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:14 am

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/sport-thought-what-s-really-killing-footy-20180526-p4zhnu.html

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/is-it-now-time-to-protect-a-new-endangered-species-the-key-forward-20180526-p4zhq7.html
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:46 am

^ great article. I disagree with the paying all free kicks for in the back and over the shoulder because ball players will comport their bodies to draw this kind of free and soon we’d see players ducking, running in a crouch or routinely falling forward. Otherwise, though, the ideas all very good and especially the idea of reducing sides to 16 players on the field. The second half of most games is better than the first - more flowing and loose. Fatigue is the master of space.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Umpiring is killing our once great game. Players don't know what's going on, spectators have no idea and the imbeciles officiating the game certainly have no clue either. You have 3 half wits running around over ruling each other. They have far too much power. It's not enough that they have a whistle and a note pad to report players. They need to be interviewed before a game in the change rooms and miked up too.

The afl are intent on scrutinising everything and reinterpreting every rule to suit them and their agenda. Every time a team or someone benefits from something they do whatever they can to stamp it out. The next thing we'll see will be a change to martin's style of 'fending off' an opponent. Meanwhile, the there's going to be a change to the number of rotations too. HTB? What's that...!? In the back is unclear. Chopping the arms is unclear. Ducking for frees is unclear.
K 

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:25 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/kevin-sheedy-it-s-time-to-try-16-a-side-20180530-p4ziig.html
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:48 pm

K wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
I am saddened as I am at least the third generation of males in my family that lived and breathed football and has had a connection to the club. I have two mid teenage sons, both good athletes/ sportsmen, both well over 6 feet tall, but they have no interest in football or Collingwood despite my efforts to indoctrinate them. They say that footy is boring.

What sports do they play? What sports do they like watching?

Basketball. And, basketball. Which is also the case with their friendship circles. I won't name their school, but being in the starting 5 in the basketball team takes precedence, by a long way, over being in the football team.

They never had much interest in cricket either but The Big Bash has changed that.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12   

Jump to: