Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our Sports Science Dept.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Collingwood supporters I know have been asking the same questions. With the state we’re in as a whole, I guess it’s obvious that questions on anything would come up.

I’m concerned with all the soft tissue injuries we get, but I know nothing about sports science.

I’m probably more concerned when I hear players say sports scientists only allow you to kick for goal 11.2 time every 3 days only when it’s 24c and the wind blowing from the north east (similar to metro trains and the conditions the trains can only run in).

K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:25 am

Brenny wrote:
I’m probably more concerned when I hear players say sports scientists only allow you to kick for goal 11.2 time every 3 days only when it’s 24c and the wind blowing from the north east ...

This is a widely held opinion, but I don't think I really agree with it...
K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:05 pm

On Talking Footy, BT just went on a rather predictable rant against "sports science" guys and their rotations, presumably reacting to the news Josh Kelly was stuck on the bench in the final minutes of the GWS-Saints draw. (At least one report said he could not get the attention of any teammate to come off for him.)

Then, J. Kennedy (WCE) spoke about his use of floatation tanks. Interesting...
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:48 pm

K wrote:
On Talking Footy, BT just went on a rather predictable rant against "sports science" guys and their rotations, presumably reacting to the news Josh Kelly was stuck on the bench in the final minutes of the GWS-Saints draw. (At least one report said he could not get the attention of any teammate to come off for him.)

Then, J. Kennedy (WCE) spoke about his use of floatation tanks. Interesting...

Haven't seen talking footy tonight but pretty sure Josh Kelly is injured and didn't play. I think the player they were referring to was Dylan Shiel.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:28 am

Bucks2014 wrote:
Haven't seen talking footy tonight but pretty sure Josh Kelly is injured and didn't play. I think the player they were referring to was Dylan Shiel.

Yes, I think you're right and it was Dylan Shiel. If this was what set BT off (I'm not sure because I didn't quite catch it), I think it's a bit silly. GWS obviously didn't have it quite right how to organize the act of interchanging. It's not as if some "sports science" guy refused to let a player back on.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:36 pm

Couldnt agree more, Shiel is a gun. Imagine if we had Pendles on the bench for near 9 minutes with the game in the balance. Shouldn't happen but unfortunately it does. On this occasion with GWS it most likely cost them the game.

They definitely need to do it better.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Just published:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-24/benchwarming-shiel-keen-for-gws-to-break-habit

Shiel: "When you're out there trying to win the contest, playing a combination of offence and defence, and trying to locate your man and cover ground, it's hard to try and get off the ground without leaving your team one man down at a pivotal moment in the game."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: