Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why Adelaide are good. Were we premature on Seedsman?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:

yes, although this season he might be the best performed player in his draft class. My understanding is that he has had his coming to jesus moment and is fully committed to footy. I dont think i ever saw him play as well for us as the last three games he's played for adelaide.

The season is 4.1 rounds old. Small sample size. He has started brightly.

Other names from his draft class

David Swallow, Sam Day, Gaff, Polec, Caddy, Heppell, Prestia, Our Tom Lynch, Ben Jacobs, Shaun Atley, Isaac Smith, Jack Darling, Scott Lycett, Josh Green, Luke Parker, Mitch Wallis, Jarryd Lyons

Players from that draft who won't figure strongly this year due to fitness or injury:

Brodie Smith, Tom Liberatore, Alex Fasolo

I reckon that most of that first list is looking good for having better years that Seeds.

If you are looking at return on pick value, then Luke Parker at pick 40 (!!!) beats most players most years.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Ultimately, it’s a shame he had to be traded, because he’s exactly the sort of draft selection you need to get right in order to have an edge on the competition - it isn’t just his recent form; he was one of Adelaide’s only couple of solid players in the losing GF team, too. I don’t think it’s necessary to lay the blame anywhere. It would have been great if he had reached his potential with us - but he was apparently not going to do so. Howe is a human highlights reel in a way that Seedsman isn’t but Seedsman appears to me to have more all-round talent, especially now that he’s doing the defensive work and getting the contested ball, rather than just trying to run the lines. At the end of the day, though, he’s a late pick that Hine got right and we were able to turn that pick (and the failed Kennedy pick) into a very good player.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Seedsman was supposedly a party boy who put his mates above our club.

Being put on notice by Buckley and having to move Interstate under duress from the club he loved growing up, would have been the kick in the ass he needed. It would have also helped immensely that he was removed from his mates (especially if they were the bad influences).

I strongly doubt he ever would have turned things around if he had stayed.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
Seedsman was supposedly a party boy who put his mates above our club.

Being put on notice by Buckley and having to move Interstate under duress from the club he loved growing up, would have been the kick in the ass he needed. It would have also helped immensely that he was removed from his mates (especially if they were the bad influences).

I strongly doubt he ever would have turned things around if he had stayed.

Exactamundo.

Also, it's taken him 3 yrs to finally come good as a player. I wish him well.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Wouldn't have minded keeping Seedsman, but his onfield performance was bad enough in his final season that the mutual decision to move on was not surprising.

His recent performances at Adelaide have been better, but he still has significant weaknesses and is yet to show consistency. Not the sort of player to be too concerned about losing, Howe definitely preferred.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:10 pm

It doesn't sound like his hip problems are ever going to magically disappear, either. I wonder if our club really handled those medical problems properly. Another topic for the "illness and injury" thread, I guess...
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:36 pm

What is the point of 'should we have kept' threads ?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:23 pm

There’s absolutely none.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:51 pm

themonk wrote:
Players thrive in different environments, Kennedy left Hawthorn for Sydney and won a brownlow.

Good luck to Seeds but at the time I was happy for him to move on. I think it's time for some fans to let him go.

Don’t think Kennedy from the Swans won a Brownlow?

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:53 pm

Skids wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
K wrote:
Seedsman asked to be traded. It's not as if the club was desperate to get rid of him.

I think Seedsman only asked to be traded after Buckley gave hm a few home truths about his game and told him he wouldn't get too many more games at Collingwood if he continued playing the way he was playing. The split was beneficial for both sides. Seedsman fixed up his game. It's unfortunate he didn't do it with us but that's life. It happens all the time with players.

And we got Jeremy Howe as part of a 4 club trade.

I think we got the better end of the deal Cool

DEMONS Jeremy Howe and Jimmy Toumpas and Magpies Paul Seedsman and Ben Kennedy got to their preferred new homes in a complicated four-club trade on Monday afternoon.

Howe was traded to Collingwood, Toumpas to Port Adelaide, Kennedy to Melbourne and Seedsman to Adelaide.

In the complex deal:
- Adelaide received Seedsman and gave up pick No.32;
- Collingwood received Howe and pick No.68 and gave up Seedsman and Kennedy;
- Melbourne received Kennedy and picks No.29 and 50 and gave up Howe and Toumpas;
- Port Adelaide received Toumpas and pick No.32 and gave up picks No.29, 50 and 68;

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-19/mega-trade-howe-seedsman-toumpas-and-kennedy-all-swap-clubs

In simple speak we have away Kennedy and Seedsman

Got:

Howe and RUPERT Wills

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:01 am

DIDNT We beat the Crows........... hmmmmm ???????

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big Dan 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:45 pm

No. Seedsman better off at the Crows and the Crows are not a better team with him playing.

Good luck to him, but no loss here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: