Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17 Callum Brown

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Bay Pie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
He's going to have Adams' place at the centre bounces some time over the next two years, at most. He's much cleaner with his hands and a better user of the ball, as well.

LOL. No he won't.

P4s seems to have little boxes labelled “love children” and “condemn at all costs”. Guess which box Adams goes in ?

I don't think p4s is too far from the truth though. Callum's definitely "much cleaner with his hands and a better user of the ball". As for Adam's place in the side, well.. all I'll say is, we seemed a lot more fluent and precise with our ball movement on Fri night without him. Only one game out but just saying.

We are a much better side with Adams in it, end of story. I hope we don't end up with people advocating trading away Adams for a KPP like the long thread we had about Sidebottom and his place in the team and whether we should trade Sidey. The disposal stats of Adams are overstated. If you don't believe me read the stats for some of the GWS players like Sheil. There's actually not much difference. Callum Brown is a totally different player to Adams. We can easily accommodate both players in the team.

+1

If your saying that Collingwood is a better side without Adams then you are wrong. Just sayin
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:53 am

I love Taylor Adams and the way he plays. I also think he is part of the next Collingwood top 4 side.... but I think the post asks a reasonable question. The last few weeks we have looked cleaner, and a little more solid because Taylor’s ambitious kicks have not caught us short. Some of his plays over the last few years can be huge momentum killers for us and it’s good that the current side puts real acid on him to improve in that area. It’s one of the ways that success raises success. I think he comes back in when he’s right, but if he screws up with key transition moves in the next few weeks, then he needs to feel it’s possible to be dropped to the magoos.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 am

When Gavin started he had about 8 mates from the u19s with him and had the likes of Millane to protect him. Cal now has his brother with him training and the likes of the young Dakes who he has known since a kid. Games like the ANZAC clash will help on the big stage. To me he appears a very unselfish player in the future may be a fantastic run with player when he builds a bit more muscle. Fearless is in his DNA. He may be able to release players like Adams to other roles and perhaps allow Pendles or Sidey to spend more time up forward when the likes of Wells and Varcoe are gone and maybe Fasolo has gone home. Greenwoods logical replacement.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Some great observations was wrapped with the kid's effort and commitment to the contest on Friday

www.facebook/the hybernators
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:24 am

On Brown, just like his Dad and Brett Ratten was the same. Spectators are unaware of what these type of players do. They do notice marks and goals but that's about it. That's why 99.9% of spectators are not coaches. Young Brown makes mistakes so does Treloar and he has 100+ games on Brown (i.e. Perspective). The coaches are happy with Brown's game and that is what matters.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:02 am

^ Agreed, Brown tackles, chases and extracts and covers ground. The odd loopy handball is a small price to pay. He’s part of the reason we’ve improved these past few weeks.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:14 am

is there room for Adams whom I thought was penciled in for this role?
Brown to me has a general awareness superior to Adams with and without ball in hand as does Aish and Thomas. something coaches will have to consider soon enough

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:24 am

simon tonna wrote:
Brown to me has a general awareness superior to Adams with and without ball in hand as does Aish and Thomas. something coaches will have to consider soon enough
Yes as Brown puts pressure on Adams to lift his game. Win Win
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 am

simon tonna wrote:

If a player like Adams has a poor start to the season, it's wrong to draw the conclusion that a smooth runner like Brown, who is good with both feet and has a %DE superior to the other, should replace Adams in the team.

Adams is a hard nut. At his best he destroys opposition teams. Compare him to Houli in last year's GF. The difference between Brown and Adams is, one gets you into a GF while the other wins you a GF.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:39 am

^ Agreed. Adams is also a warrior and a leader. There will be room for both he and Brown, in the end.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:13 am

^^^

Yep and I would have thought Greenwood would be looking over his shoulder more than Adams.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Been watching the VFL.
Gee, Tyler Brown looks and plays like his brother.
Has really good clean and quick hands.
Interesting.
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:38 am
Post subject: Callum BrownReply with quote

Stoked with Callums game tonight. I'm glad the selectors have stuck with him and keep on playing him in the team. Did some very nice work tonight and rewarded the selectors faith with what was probably his best game for the club. Keep up the good work young fella!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:40 am

There’s plenty to work with here,
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:41 am

Best performance of his career thus far.

Think he's worth persisting with. Not giving up on him making it long term.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 10 of 20   

Jump to: