Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
After Trump finishes his second term in office, I predict he will be rated as the best US president for 40 years or more once his achievements are reviewed.

I predict this will be the worst prediction for 40 years or more. Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:48 pm

swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
After Trump finishes his second term in office, I predict he will be rated as the best US president for 40 years or more once his achievements are reviewed.

LOL. We'll see.

None of the last 4 POTUS have anything to hang their hat on by way of achievements, I'm backing Trump. You know you want to. Razz

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:09 am

The Dictator has removed McCabe and he is dying to sack special counsel Robert Mueller. All this whilst he is suing a pron star for breaking a Non disclosure agreement that they bonked. Laughing Laughing Laughing
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:14 pm

Wokko wrote:
It's the executive branch, they serve at the pleasure of the President, it is totally up to him who works for him. He appoints everyone in the executive in the first place and can fire any of them except the VP.

There is a bicameral Parliament and Supreme Court; otherwise known as the separation of powers. This is the very antithesis of a dictatorship. Trump CANT make laws beyond executive orders pertaining to the various departments that report to him. He can only sign or veto laws after they're passed by Congress. It's a Republic, not a democracy and certainly not in any way, shape or form a dictatorship. The Constitution was created to protect against it, including the 2nd amendment.

Wokko give up mate. You know far to much about the subject matter to have any serious discussion in Nicks Tav. I haven't posted (or read) anything here for a long time. I thought I would duck in to have a look since I have been following closely what has been happening since Trumps election win.

I truly couldn't understand how Trump won and have spent 12 months looking at american politics, the current climate as well as the past 12 years.

Anyone who does this without prejudice will understand. The very simple point about America being a republic is lost on many. In fact the word democracy is not mentioned once in the constitution for a very deliberate reason by the founding fathers.

I would hate to live in the "gun" environment they have created however I understand the problem is far more complex than to just "ban all assault rifles"

The left in America has lost its way. Many of the republicans are no better and this is just one of the reasons why someone who was not a politician was elected.

If the dems dont change their narrative or if the old republican guard dont find a way to challenge/remove him - he will get elected again.

It has been fascinating.

Last edited by MJ23 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Culprit wrote:
The Dictator has removed McCabe and he is dying to sack special counsel Robert Mueller. All this whilst he is suing a pron star for breaking a Non disclosure agreement that they bonked. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ahhhhhh you do know Trump didn't in fact sack McCabe don't you ?

He might have called for it, many times however the recommendation came from the report of the Inspector General and the findings of the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:32 pm

Good posts, MJ23.

Would love to see you post more often in the VPT board.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:51 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Culprit wrote:

He might have called for it, many times however the recommendation came from the report of the Inspector General and the findings of the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility.

... and he was sacked by Jeff Sessions. Sessions has, of course, never met the President and has no knowledge of the President’s agenda. Press reports that Sessions’ spokesperson declined to comment on suggestions that Sessions had consulted with the President first are entirely mischievous.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Culprit wrote:

... and he was sacked by Jeff Sessions. Sessions has, of course, never met the President and has no knowledge of the President’s agenda. Press reports that Sessions’ spokesperson declined to comment on suggestions that Sessions had consulted with the President first are entirely mischievous.

sooooo again, Trump did not sack McCabe, Sessions did as AG after advise from the FBI's OPR......
Sessions is the same AG who was to recuse himself, against Trumps will, from the Russia probe.

Dont get me wrong, Trump wanted him sacked, and Sessiosn was under pressure to do it however it never would have happened without the FBI's recommendation. Its factually incorrect to say Trump sacked McCabe.

Also, irrelevant anyway as he had already resigned which most have speculated was because of the OPR investigation. He's basically lied in an FBI investigation.
Same thing he charged Flynn with doing.
Same thing Martha Stewart went to jail for.
McCabe has more to worry about than his pension at this stage.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:44 pm

No-one actually cares about McCabe or his worries.

Sessions sacked McCabe. The decision was self-evidently political - the enablers (and the purported justification) are irrelevant.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:11 am

stui magpie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

LOL. We'll see.

None of the last 4 POTUS have anything to hang their hat on by way of achievements, I'm backing Trump. You know you want to. Razz

Obama oversaw recovery from an economic heart attack by running an appropriately loose fiscal policy in the teeth of fierce Republican opposition, he implemented a long-overdue universal health care reform which the Republicans also resisted, he withdrew US troops from useless and bloody adventures in Iraq and Afghanistan and resisted getting into the Assyrian quagmire, and he took the bold decision to kill Bin Laden, which was successfully done. He achieved much. Compared to GW Bush, who oversaw 911, Iraq, and a complete failure of prudential banking standards, Obama was Lincoln and FDR and Teddy Roosevelt all rolled into one. But then, compared to GWB, even Trump has proved pretty harmless so far.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:49 pm

Mugwump wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

LOL. We'll see.

Obama oversaw recovery from an economic heart attack by running an appropriately loose fiscal policy in the teeth of fierce Republican opposition, he implemented a long-overdue universal health care reform which the Republicans also resisted, he withdrew US troops from useless and bloody adventures in Iraq and Afghanistan and resisted getting into the Assyrian quagmire, and he took the bold decision to kill Bin Laden, which was successfully done. He achieved much. Compared to GW Bush, who oversaw 911, Iraq, and a complete failure of prudential banking standards, Obama was Lincoln and FDR and Teddy Roosevelt all rolled into one. But then, compared to GWB, even Trump has proved pretty harmless so far.

Now before you have a crack at me, this is the counter argument re
Obama's record.

Many facets of the economy including jobs / household income experienced growth however home ownership declined, Americans on food stamps increased by 33% and Dept to public grew by 128% in eight years and +77% of GDP.

Health - one of the biggest reasons middle America voted for Trump and is a real mess. Just a few of the issues
1. Premiums went up when he told them they would go down.
2. Obama promised that, if you like your plan, you can keep it. But health insurance companies cancelled plans.
3. 3-5m people lost their company-sponsored health care plans. Many businesses found it was more cost-effective to pay the penalty than provide health insurance benefits.
4. Many are forced to pay for coverage they do not need nor will ever need.
5. The impact on dept is expected to skyrocket. There is strong debate on this and hard to know the truth.

Iraq / Afghanistan
Many in America, including senior leaders in the military beleive the withdrawal was the reason ISIS was able to become a world wide threat.

Bin Ladin - Ironically part of the reason they were able to locate and terminate Bin laden was due to interrogation tactics by the CIA (condemned at the time as part of the Guantanamo bay controversy) One of the CIA heads at the time - Gina Haspel the nom for CIA director is currently being condemned as a choice by Dems over this issue. Still, I think this was a great Obama outcome, just isn't necessarily being seen that way by how the dems are acting now.

Cant disagree with you on Bush and again from what I am seeing out of America the whole political landscape in the last 12 years was also in part the reason for Trump. They are sick of the Clintons / Bush family's as well as the crusted on 20-40 year politicians who have become multi millionaires.

As I said before, its been a fascinating 12 months. Many controversies under Obama though. Hes not the clean skin we in Australia think he is and is also a big reason Trump was voted in.

Last edited by MJ23 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:25 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
No-one actually cares about McCabe or his worries.

Sessions sacked McCabe. The decision was self-evidently political - the enablers (and the purported justification) are irrelevant.

yes, no-one does really care EXCEPT the FBI's internal oversight team who independently made the recommendation - This is a very important point given the conflict between Trump and the FBI leadership.
Christ, even Schiff has not challenged this decision on the surface so far. The detail is yet to be published but will be.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:32 pm

^ MJ23, You make valid points, but I was just responding to Stui’s comment that none of the last 4 POTUS have any achievements. I would certainly not argue that Obama’s record was flawless - important change in a complex system is always mottled - but the things I mentioned were important (directionally positive) achievements full of political gumption. I think history will judge Obama fairly kindly.

I must comment on the economic question. You are right that many people have experienced great difficulty across the 8 Obama years. However, every commentator agrees that the impact and recovery from severe financial/banking crises is far more difficult than ordinary business cycle recessions. I think we underestimate just how lightly we got off after a 1929 scale collapse. The last time the US experienced a crisis of that magnitude, unemployment peaked at 25% and stayed above 14% for ten years. Real GDP per head had dropped 30% by 1933 (vs a maximum of 5% in the 2008 crisis), and arguably the chain of events that followed 1929 led to world war.

In the ten years since 2008 some price has had to be paid, but Bernanke, Geithner and Obama all deserve undying gratitude for their policy settings. We were very lucky.

You have made some interesting and informed posts recently. I hope you continue.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:29 pm

^

he does indeed. And my post was about Trump's legacy being viewed through the same rear view mirror and I stand by it.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:28 pm

Trump is what the world needed... imagine if that skank Hillary had got in and just plodded along the same old bullshit politician dribble....

He's fantastic and I hope he wins another term and gets to really shake shit up. Crush the snowflakes and their political correctness garbage.

Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 76 of 222   

Jump to: