Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Angels or Demons?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us try to break it down into parts.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
K, I’m not up to speed with the people leading these schools sports programs.
I deliberately used the word “ anecdotal “ because there is no concrete proof to go with that correlation.
The other train of thought on this subject is that the kids having had to prioritise the APS system first, still put their hand up to play TAC as well. This can be two games in a week and the body simply can’t train at all in between these games. They look match ready from the intensity but not match hardened from the core training required. ( big difference )
Recruiters follow the APS programs a lot more closely these days because more elite talent private school kids are playing less TAC than public school kids.
Nathan Murphy ( Brighton grammar and also high end cricket commitments ) played very little at the Dragons but he made an impact every time he was available.
The recruiters biggest challenge is to try to cross reference an APS performance against a TAC performance. Clearly it’s easier for an elite talent to play consistently well for his school than it is for his TAC club.
That’s why both the kids and the recruiters want thesecelite juniors to have as much exposure at TAC level as possible.

I see. In asking the question, I was probably leaning towards the assumption that there was a real football or physical advantage, though possibly a short-term one that might cost the kids something in the long term. But it's also possible that the biggest benefit is having a high-profile, well-connected advocate. For example, when Matthew Lloyd talks up a kid, it's reported all over the media. Some poor kid in Woop Woop talked up by the unknown Mr. Jones may be completely overlooked. And I think Lloyd should talk up his kids. I'd expect my mentor or boss to try to help me in my career. It's just that Mr. Jones's kids don't have that advantage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: