Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddies passionate opening to season

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
FFS peoples, harden up and show a bit of backbone. If we were actually at war I swear some of you would be taken out the back and shot as 'fifth columnists' or deserters.

Let's have none of this negativity and talk of defeat even before the season has begun. Get on board and get behind Bucks and his team. Go Pies! Twisted Evil

Yes, it’s incredible. It’s as though some people like Collingwood as a fashion accessory, something which is only loved when it complements them.

Two good posts. Surely the smart thing to do is to at least save the first of the negativity until about round 5 or 6 ( if we don’t start well ) but to preach doom and gloom after the first practice match is “ naive “ at best.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:08 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
FFS peoples, harden up and show a bit of backbone. If we were actually at war I swear some of you would be taken out the back and shot as 'fifth columnists' or deserters.

Let's have none of this negativity and talk of defeat even before the season has begun. Get on board and get behind Bucks and his team. Go Pies! Twisted Evil

Yes, it’s incredible. It’s as though some people like Collingwood as a fashion accessory, something which is only loved when it complements them.

Two good posts. Surely the smart thing to do is to at least save the first of the negativity until about round 5 or 6 ( if we don’t start well ) but to preach doom and gloom after the first practice match is “ naive “ at best.

If you believe peoples negativity has anything to do with one JLT game then you Sir are the naive one.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Brown26 wrote:
DTM - that's magnificent but more than slightly disturbing. I'm going to listen to the speech now and hope that image doesn't come back into my head! Razz

- Ben

But I see there been Censorship done on here on Nicks.

Guess no Posts can be allowed IF it's Bagging the Club Rolling Eyes

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Brown26 wrote:
DTM - that's magnificent but more than slightly disturbing. I'm going to listen to the speech now and hope that image doesn't come back into my head! Razz

- Ben

I reported your pathetic post... it's as if you're a filth supporter posting that crap!

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:53 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Brown26 wrote:

- Ben

Most of your posts tend to bag the club these days. The majority of them are allowed to stand. You are not being short-changed on this...

K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:44 pm

In fairness to DTM, his post was graphically conveying his reaction to a speech of Eddie. Now, encouraged by knowledge of DTM's overall views, people might extrapolate that to a comment on every facet of Eddie, and maybe beyond, but in itself it's not really bagging the club.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:46 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

If you believe peoples negativity has anything to do with one JLT game then you Sir are the naive one.

Based on what occurred towards the end of last season, I have no reason to think that we will not improve by a “ few “ ladder positions on 2017.

Towards the end of the year we played our best footy.
Young players have had more games put into them ( including Langdon and Scharenberg )
We have a softer draw
We have new line coaches ( cue cheap shot )
We have flagged positional changes on field which the club obviously believe is for the better.
We haven’t lost key on field leadership personal like other clubs ( eagles - Priddis, Mitchell. Hawks - Hodge, Gibson Saints - Riewoldt Montagna. Carlton - Docherty Gibbs Etc )
We HAVE had a review ( and supporters can make of that what they will )

Oh but we were crap in our first practice match against the best list in the comp.
I know what you mean about the angst going back further than a practice match but I consider the above to be a lot more meaningful than a practice match result.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:47 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
No more words from Eddie or Buckley. We know they can both talk it up...but we need to see actions.

So what will we see from you yard sprints from the boundary that will inspire Mayne to become James Wasley?? Crying or Very sad

www.facebook/the hybernators
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Based on what occurred towards the end of last season, I have no reason to think that we will not improve by a “ few “ ladder positions on 2017.

Towards the end of the year we played our best footy.
Young players have had more games put into them ( including Langdon and Scharenberg )
We have a softer draw
We have new line coaches ( cue cheap shot )
We have flagged positional changes on field which the club obviously believe is for the better.
We haven’t lost key on field leadership personal like other clubs ( eagles - Priddis, Mitchell. Hawks - Hodge, Gibson Saints - Riewoldt Montagna. Carlton - Docherty Gibbs Etc )

Oh but we were crap in our first practice match against the best list in the comp.
I know what you mean about the angst going back further than a practice match but I consider the above to be a lot more meaningful than a practice match result.

Good post, and I agree. Nothing is certain but I expect is to be very competitive this year as a growing pool of good young players matures,

K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

We have a softer draw
...)

I guess what's more important is whether we're heading towards another premiership. (In that regard, for example, the softer draw is not helpful --- unless the premiership comes this year.) Yo-yoing is not really helpful in terms of building towards a premiership.

We had two reviews. I think one review was a really positive contribution and I hope its author has an increasing role at the club in the future. My main concern now is that its recommendations be adopted as promised, with transparency to the rank and file, and in a timely fashion.

I'm not sure about the other review. We don't know any of its contents. It was not carried out by an impartial outsider, though one can debate which impartial outsider is qualified to make such a review. I've stated somewhere else my disquiet about the seemingly faddish and clumsy application of the fun mantra at our club (for example).
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Extremely well said from you two. I'm in full agreement.

Fabulous speech from Eddie. He completely gets the essence of what it means to be a stalwart Pie supporter (in my case for over five decades now).
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:24 pm

K wrote:

I guess what's more important is whether we're heading towards another premiership.

I just don't get this pre-occupation with premierships. Yeah, they're mind-blowingly beautiful when they happen, but they're bloody hard to get and to me, they're the icing on the cake. The cake can still taste delicious without the icing Wink
(Jeez, I'm starting to speak in riddles like MM).
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:55 pm

We will not go quietly into the night
We will not vanish without a fight
We're going to live on
We're going to survive.
Poor old Ed he has been watching too many old movies
with his friend Donald.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:08 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
K wrote:

I guess what's more important is whether we're heading towards another premiership.

I just don't get this pre-occupation with premierships. Yeah, they're mind-blowingly beautiful when they happen, but they're bloody hard to get and to me, they're the icing on the cake. The cake can still taste delicious without the icing Wink
(Jeez, I'm starting to speak in riddles like MM).

Hmmm.....
Yo-yoing with the statistical fluctuations is not my idea of fun.
The journey should be enjoyed, but that is under the assumption you're actually going towards the destination. Looking at maps and compasses occasionally might help determine that.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Who is his or her idea of fun?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: