Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

De Geoey is clearly a Carlton spy / saboteur.

Sabotaged our 2017 season and now 2018.

Surprised he didn’t say his dog was driving the car.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:52 am

P.S. to my comments above...

mudlark wrote:
... North have circled the wagons and nothing has been said about their bloke. ...

You do realize North have made him donate $2k, go alcohol-free 6 mths and undertake alcohol education, right?
Neither North nor our club can control the media reaction.

P.P.S. What does your Buddy comment refer to?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:08 am

Was this Simkins first indiscretion? How drunk was he? Has he lied to the club in the past? How dark was it? Was the guy on the bike all in black?

And are you really comparing J walking to driving .096 over the limit (0 being the limit for P platers)?

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:43 am

think positive wrote:
Was this Simkins first indiscretion? How drunk was he? Has he lied to the club in the past? How dark was it? Was the guy on the bike all in black?

And are you really comparing J walking to driving .096 over the limit (0 being the limit for P platers)?

Ah I see where you're heading.Obviously still "Gobsmacked".He ran into a goddam motor cyclist!! Could have killed him.First ,Third or tenth, he was drunk and caused an accident yet you are bagging our own.last time I looked J walking WAS an offence and wearing black leathers wasn't.Perhaps it's different in Victoria.And I'm sure there would have been a pedestrian crossing not too far away. But HEY!! Let's just throw JDG under the bus. More fun . Surprised
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:50 am

K wrote:

mudlark wrote:
... North have circled the wagons and nothing has been said about their bloke. ...

You do realize North have made him donate $2k, go alcohol-free 6 mths and undertake alcohol education, right?

You do realise that Collingwood made Jordan pay $20,000 ,$10K suspended I believe ,alcohol education program,Community service work, banned from training, banned for12 months from drinking,publicly humiliated by the club and President as well as what he will receive when he fronts court as well as further media hysteria and bleeding heart supporters saying it's not enough.YES!! I do realise.
The Buddy reference is how many times Buddy has been caught drink driving, drug driving, crashing cars and walks away feeling contrite because his CLUB looked after his welfare.
And I've edited this as I just read that Eddie seems to have backed off a bit saying JDG has markedly improved his attitude and """We can't have our best players sitting on the sidelines""'. He knows he stuffed up and I'm sure it's more than just me who have told him.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:39 am

mudlark wrote:
think positive wrote:

Ah I see where you're heading.Obviously still "Gobsmacked".He ran into a goddam motor cyclist!! Could have killed him.First ,Third or tenth, he was drunk and caused an accident yet you are bagging our own.last time I looked J walking WAS an offence and wearing black leathers wasn't.Perhaps it's different in Victoria.And I'm sure there would have been a pedestrian crossing not too far away. But HEY!! Let's just throw JDG under the bus. More fun . Surprised

fact: he stepped in front of a moving motorbike and was hurt himself. he has been charged with drunk in public and crossing at a red light. see article.

fact: Degoey was driving a car while on P plates, was pulled over and blew .095 above his legal limit of 0.000

My comment re the bikies attire were because its really easy to miss them in the dark if they are in all black. hell they are hard to see in daylight. Still no excuse, especially since he was charged for crossing against the light, which sounds as if he was at least at a crossing point.

is there anything at all in DeGoeys favour? um, thats a big NO.

Now if you want to go on about what could have happened with that motorbike spinning out of control killing the driver and others around, then you also need to go on about what could have happened if Jordan had lost control, fallen asleep.

Im not bagging our own, im stating facts. Im very pissed off at him. But as with others im more than happy for him to come back and prove he deserves his very lucrative, set himself up for life, rare opportunity.

No one is throwing him under a bus, he did that all by himself.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/jy-simpkin-motorcycle-accident-injury-north-melbourne-kangaroos/121zzprsn1yr21emoawyn9cop2

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:44 am

mudlark wrote:
K wrote:

mudlark wrote:

You do realise that Collingwood made Jordan pay $20,000 ,$10K suspended I believe ,alcohol education program,Community service work, banned from training, banned for12 months from drinking,publicly humiliated by the club and President as well as what he will receive when he fronts court as well as further media hysteria and bleeding heart supporters saying it's not enough.YES!! I do realise.
The Buddy reference is how many times Buddy has been caught drink driving, drug driving, crashing cars and walks away feeling contrite because his CLUB looked after his welfare.
And I've edited this as I just read that Eddie seems to have backed off a bit saying JDG has markedly improved his attitude and """We can't have our best players sitting on the sidelines""'. He knows he stuffed up and I'm sure it's more than just me who have told him.

yes they did. no they shouldnt have. but at least he had proved himself first. Just like Cousins. And like it or not just like one of our own not so long gone superstars. fill the dots, a couple of players fit.

Maybe Eddie can back off because what he copped has proven a wake up call. its been a couple of weeks. One things for sure, he realizes now it will be three strikes and your out.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:18 pm

Enough special pleading, thanks - this is what one of the Club's leaders thinks: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/balancing-act-wanting-to-kill-and-really-care-for-jordan-de-goey-20180309-p4z3lx.html
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:32 pm

mudlark wrote:
think positive wrote:

You still haven't specified exactly how you think JDG was thrown under a bus. Is everything about his punishment "throwing under the bus"?

He didn't "run into a motorcyclist". He stepped on to the road, in front of (we don't know how far in front of, but obviously a motorcycle can travel quite far in a short time) a motorcyclist. Yes, jaywalking is an offence ("walking against a red light" --- $76 in 2016.) and the police are charging him with it. I think if you look at the police-imposed penalty for jaywalking drunk vs. a P-plater just scraping under BAC 0.1, you'll see that that is basically in the same proportion as the club-imposed penalties of the two.

JDG is not the victim. If people convince him he's the victim, he'll likely end up dead.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Enough special pleading, thanks - this is what one of the Club's leaders thinks: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/balancing-act-wanting-to-kill-and-really-care-for-jordan-de-goey-20180309-p4z3lx.html

For context, here's a podcast the original radio interview on SEN today upon which the Age story was based. DeGoey comes up towards the end (skip the first 30 seconds which is ads).

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=178744

I note that 24 year old Taylor Adams is taking the poor "kid" approach to excuse the sins of the soon to be 22 years old De Goey. Pathetic.

WARNING: the above link will take you to a web page that shows a picture of Gary Lyon exposing chest hair and Tim Watson showing his navel. Viewer discretion is advised.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:52 pm

mudlark wrote:
K wrote:

You do realise that Collingwood made Jordan pay $20,000 , $10K suspended I believe ,alcohol education program,Community service work, banned from training, banned for12 months from drinking,publicly humiliated by the club and President as well as what he will receive when he fronts court as well as further media hysteria and bleeding heart supporters saying it's not enough.YES!! I do realise.

Yes, I know what Collingwood's penalty was. Are you unhappy with every aspect of it, or do you think the total is excessive, or what? He was fined $10k (it would have been $5k if it was a first offence) and agreed to donate $10k to charity. The AFLPA said his penalty was okay with them. How did the president and club humiliate him? Please be specific. The president has been fighting with Robbo over the media's treatment of him. Some of the media treatment I found startling, but that's not a result of the club's actions.

The truth is that it's highly likely his manager, B. Niall (who has considerable experience in handling difficult clients), suggested much of that punishment himself. He did that because he knew the facts of his client's case and knew he had to put something on the table to head off a far worse outcome for his client.

Buddy rewarded his club by negotiating behind their backs to join their grand-final opponents. It actually was a reward for the club, because they ended up better off without him. (Maybe there's a lesson for all clubs in that somewhat surprising outcome.) Buddy was also clever enough to get his stupid friends like Wellingham to do the crimes for him.

People making out JDG as a victim had nothing to do with when he'd return. An "indefinite" suspension always gave the club licence to do whatever it wanted. As some have pointed out (apparently no one listened), "indefinite" does not mean "infinite".
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:31 pm

K wrote:
mudlark wrote:
K wrote:

You do realise that Collingwood made Jordan pay $20,000 , $10K suspended I believe ,alcohol education program,Community service work, banned from training, banned for12 months from drinking,publicly humiliated by the club and President as well as what he will receive when he fronts court as well as further media hysteria and bleeding heart supporters saying it's not enough.YES!! I do realise.

Yes, I know what Collingwood's penalty was. Are you unhappy with every aspect of it, or do you think the total is excessive, or what? He was fined $10k (it would have been $5k if it was a first offence) and agreed to donate $10k to charity. The AFLPA said his penalty was okay with them. How did the president and club humiliate him? Please be specific. The president has been fighting with Robbo over the media's treatment of him. Some of the media treatment I found startling, but that's not a result of the club's actions.

The truth is that it's highly likely his manager, B. Niall (who has considerable experience in handling difficult clients), suggested much of that punishment himself. He did that because he knew the facts of his client's case and knew he had to put something on the table to head off a far worse outcome for his client.

Buddy rewarded his club by negotiating behind their backs to join their grand-final opponents. It actually was a reward for the club, because they ended up better off without him. (Maybe there's a lesson for all clubs in that somewhat surprising outcome.) Buddy was also clever enough to get his stupid friends like Wellingham to do the crimes for him.

People making out JDG as a victim had nothing to do with when he'd return. An "indefinite" suspension always gave the club licence to do whatever it wanted. As some have pointed out (apparently no one listened), "indefinite" does not mean "infinite".

It seems you are ducking and weaving a bit.You asked quite animatedly if I knew that Simpkins was fined $2000 dollars.Do You think that was enough for nearly killing someone. Never once have I said poor JDG.He has done a stupid thing and should be punished and he's getting that in spades.Taylor Adams saying they'd like to KILL him.very leader like!!
My only problem is they have banished him to the reserves like a bad little boy and made him do a job he is neither trained to do or suitable for and in using different muscle groups, bending and lifting, has caused him a hamstring injury. Fines,working with rehab groups and working hard with your workmates to prove your worth I agree with 100%, suspending him from the group is retrograde and will achieve zero. He will be dealt with in the courts, he will be dealt with in the media and he is continually being dealt with by a narrow minded supporter base. I'm willing to bet that the "Get rid of dustin Martin" mob who wanted to get rid of him when he was transgressing as a KID would still be in hiding.
Just as an after thought on his humilialation.even the podcast I just listened was sickening and as weak as piss. Adams saying they could have "KILLED him ,etc If he had have had any brains, he would have said it's all been said, he's been punished ,I will make no further comment.Time to move on and let this KID!!! get on with his life.End of story. We all know he stuffed up.Get over it.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:58 pm

What's the odds on him playing another 20 games for Collingwood?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
What's the odds on him playing another 20 games for Collingwood?

I'd say very bloody good. What are you wagering?

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:46 pm

think positive wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
Playing in this team is punishment enough.

Let him play.

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

funny, i was just going to post that 1 player, even superman, wont make that much difference! that just cracked me up! cheers!!

Jojo - want to see Superman ping a hammy or a calf? Just let him train with our conditioning staff; I'd imagine The Flash would be rather tentative too...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 83 of 301   

Jump to: