Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Degoey Hamstrung

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
K wrote:
E wrote:
K wrote:
^ So do you think Walsh's words should be ignored in general?

Not sure which words you are referring to, but if it is the fact that Walsh suggests the hamstring injury was unrelated to the manual labor and was instead a freak moment in a game, i would ask you the following questions -

I'll take that as a yes, i.e. you did think Walsh is full of ****!

Well you would be wrong. I think what Walsh said was factually accurate. DeGoey was injured while doing a tackling drill and not while working. I bet that is truthful information (its just that its 100% useless information in determining whether the manual labor - or his hard training that it appears he is subjecting himself to - contributed to the injury). Not sure if its smart to flog your rolls royce!

He's not a Rolls Royce, whatever he might be. And landscaping is not flogging. Anyone reading that sort of comment could be forgiven for thinking he was in some sort of chain gang in a prisoner-of-war camp. All he was doing was a regular job, just like his VFL teammates do year-round without it causing them to break down at training. If the club is to be believed, it seems like some sort of hyperextension accident.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:04 am

E wrote:
So we sent him to do manual labor (possibly working certain muscles for the first time) and then having him break down at training with an injury often caused by stress while fatigued???

Its not like this guy is a rookie selection who will struggle to get a game. He was a number 5 draft pick who we were hoping to turn into the keystone of our midfield for the next 10 years.

Everyone knows i tend to back the club in all matters of the heart, but even i gotta admit, its not a good look.

Perfectly and correctly stated E. If a high ranking administrator comes out and says it WASN't caused by doing hard ,hot and stressful labouring work, using different muscles and being under enormous stress for a21 year old, then back it in!! It's the reason.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:08 am

[quote="K"]

If the club is to be believed.
You mean like Elliot has a slight ankle strain and will miss a week or 2??? You mean believe them like that??
E 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:25 am

K wrote:
E wrote:
K wrote:
E wrote:
K wrote:

Not sure which words you are referring to, but if it is the fact that Walsh suggests the hamstring injury was unrelated to the manual labor and was instead a freak moment in a game, i would ask you the following questions -

Well you would be wrong. I think what Walsh said was factually accurate. DeGoey was injured while doing a tackling drill and not while working. I bet that is truthful information (its just that its 100% useless information in determining whether the manual labor - or his hard training that it appears he is subjecting himself to - contributed to the injury). Not sure if its smart to flog your rolls royce!

He's not a Rolls Royce, whatever he might be. And landscaping is not flogging. Anyone reading that sort of comment could be forgiven for thinking he was in some sort of chain gang in a prisoner-of-war camp. All he was doing was a regular job, just like his VFL teammates do year-round without it causing them to break down at training. If the club is to be believed, it seems like some sort of hyperextension accident.

If DeGoey is not our rolls Royce, then sadly, we dont have one.

Manual labor is not chain gang work, but it is something that you need to become accustomed to. People who do it every day, do it easy (i imagine). their bodies are used to it (just like a 10 year vet probably handles pre-season training a lot better than a rookie).

i heard he was training like an animal to get back in favor. And working in landscaping. would expect that this led to fatigue which contributed to his injury.

Why is this so hard to accept. The kid has no history of hamstring injuries and suddenly, when he starts an irregular (for him) lifestyle), his body cant handle a simple tackling drill!!!

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:48 am

E wrote:
K wrote:
E wrote:
K wrote:
E wrote:
K wrote:

Manual labor is not chain gang work, but it is something that you need to become accustomed to. People who do it every day, do it easy (i imagine). their bodies are used to it (just like a 10 year vet probably handles pre-season training a lot better than a rookie).

i heard he was training like an animal to get back in favor. And working in landscaping. would expect that this led to fatigue which contributed to his injury.

Why is this so hard to accept. The kid has no history of hamstring injuries and suddenly, when he starts an irregular (for him) lifestyle), his body cant handle a simple tackling drill!!!

Absolutely 100% correct. The club got it wrong and just won't admit it. And for WHAT?? To appease a hostile media???
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:41 pm

mudlark wrote:

If the club is to be believed.
You mean like Elliot has a slight ankle strain and will miss a week or 2??? You mean believe them like that??

"If the club is to be believed" acknowledged the uncertainty, with everyone free to judge that uncertainty's magnitude. I myself would not trust the club's medical pronouncements all the time, but not disbelieve them all the time either. Jamie's situation raises serious concerns about the club's medical management of injury. I don't think it raises concerns about club lying or about the training and conditioning.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:49 pm

E wrote:
K wrote:
E wrote:
Not sure if its smart to flog your rolls royce!

He's not a Rolls Royce, whatever he might be. And landscaping is not flogging. ...

Manual labor is not chain gang work, but it is something that you need to become accustomed to. ...

Well, usually that's applied to Pendlebury. Bits may be beginning to fall off that car, but we haven't sold it or sent it to the scrapyard yet.
If he doesn't get himself killed, maybe JDG can develop into an SUV. At the moment, even alive, he's at risk of turning into the high-priced lemon the greasy car dealer duped you into buying.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:59 pm

mudlark wrote:
E wrote:

Absolutely 100% correct. The club got it wrong and just won't admit it. And for WHAT?? To appease a hostile media???

It's possible that landscaping contributed to his injury, just as it's possible other factors did. You're presenting it as a certainty. "No history of hamstring injuries" is a ridiculous argument. There has to be a first time unless the time dimension is a closed loop, and just because I avoided something as a baby isn't a guarantee I'll never get it. Jamie had no history of back problems before he had back problems. JDG had no history of (getting caught for) DUI until he did...

What appeasement of hostile media? Eddie and Robbo are slagging off at each other. What exactly are you certain the club got wrong? Are you bothered by every aspect of the punishment? Or JDG allegedly being bagged by the club (by who exactly, then?)? Or is it just this landscaping or getting a regular job in general?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Does it actually matter how he came to have the competition's least relevant hamstring injury? Unless he starts behaving at least a little bit like a grown up, he's not going to get a game in the seniors, anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: