Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 
Log inLog in RegisterRegister
 
Eddies passionate opening to season

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pies2016 



Joined: 12 Sep 2014


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
FFS peoples, harden up and show a bit of backbone. If we were actually at war I swear some of you would be taken out the back and shot as 'fifth columnists' or deserters.

Let's have none of this negativity and talk of defeat even before the season has begun. Get on board and get behind Bucks and his team. Go Pies! Twisted Evil


Yes, itís incredible. Itís as though some people like Collingwood as a fashion accessory, something which is only loved when it complements them.


Two good posts. Surely the smart thing to do is to at least save the first of the negativity until about round 5 or 6 ( if we donít start well ) but to preach doom and gloom after the first practice match is ď naive ď at best.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
swoop42 Virgo

The Flash


Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Location: The 22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
FFS peoples, harden up and show a bit of backbone. If we were actually at war I swear some of you would be taken out the back and shot as 'fifth columnists' or deserters.

Let's have none of this negativity and talk of defeat even before the season has begun. Get on board and get behind Bucks and his team. Go Pies! Twisted Evil


Yes, itís incredible. Itís as though some people like Collingwood as a fashion accessory, something which is only loved when it complements them.


Two good posts. Surely the smart thing to do is to at least save the first of the negativity until about round 5 or 6 ( if we donít start well ) but to preach doom and gloom after the first practice match is ď naive ď at best.


If you believe peoples negativity has anything to do with one JLT game then you Sir are the naive one.

_________________
I am not an animal!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Dave The Man Scorpio



Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Location: Someville, Victoria, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown26 wrote:
DTM - that's magnificent but more than slightly disturbing. I'm going to listen to the speech now and hope that image doesn't come back into my head! Razz

- Ben


But I see there been Censorship done on here on Nicks.

Guess no Posts can be allowed IF it's Bagging the Club Rolling Eyes

_________________
I am Da Man
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Skids Cancer



Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Location: Joined 3/6/02 ... aka Assassin member #175

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Brown26 wrote:
DTM - that's magnificent but more than slightly disturbing. I'm going to listen to the speech now and hope that image doesn't come back into my head! Razz

- Ben


But I see there been Censorship done on here on Nicks.

Guess no Posts can be allowed IF it's Bagging the Club Rolling Eyes


I reported your pathetic post... it's as if you're a filth supporter posting that crap!

_________________
ďI doubt I will be an assistant coach. They have to watch the game three times from three different angles and I struggle to watch the highlights on the news.Ē Swanny
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Warnings : 1 
MagpieBat 

The moderator Nick's deserves... but hopefully not the one it needs right now...


Joined: 27 Nov 2010
Location: Brooding in a cave... somewhere... maybe...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Brown26 wrote:
DTM - that's magnificent but more than slightly disturbing. I'm going to listen to the speech now and hope that image doesn't come back into my head! Razz

- Ben


But I see there been Censorship done on here on Nicks.

Guess no Posts can be allowed IF it's Bagging the Club Rolling Eyes


Most of your posts tend to bag the club these days. The majority of them are allowed to stand. You are not being short-changed on this...

_________________
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am Batmod.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

In fairness to DTM, his post was graphically conveying his reaction to a speech of Eddie. Now, encouraged by knowledge of DTM's overall views, people might extrapolate that to a comment on every facet of Eddie, and maybe beyond, but in itself it's not really bagging the club.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Pies2016 



Joined: 12 Sep 2014


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
FFS peoples, harden up and show a bit of backbone. If we were actually at war I swear some of you would be taken out the back and shot as 'fifth columnists' or deserters.

Let's have none of this negativity and talk of defeat even before the season has begun. Get on board and get behind Bucks and his team. Go Pies! Twisted Evil


Yes, itís incredible. Itís as though some people like Collingwood as a fashion accessory, something which is only loved when it complements them.


Two good posts. Surely the smart thing to do is to at least save the first of the negativity until about round 5 or 6 ( if we donít start well ) but to preach doom and gloom after the first practice match is ď naive ď at best.


If you believe peoples negativity has anything to do with one JLT game then you Sir are the naive one.


Based on what occurred towards the end of last season, I have no reason to think that we will not improve by a ď few ď ladder positions on 2017.

Towards the end of the year we played our best footy.
Young players have had more games put into them ( including Langdon and Scharenberg )
We have a softer draw
We have new line coaches ( cue cheap shot )
We have flagged positional changes on field which the club obviously believe is for the better.
We havenít lost key on field leadership personal like other clubs ( eagles - Priddis, Mitchell. Hawks - Hodge, Gibson Saints - Riewoldt Montagna. Carlton - Docherty Gibbs Etc )
We HAVE had a review ( and supporters can make of that what they will )

Oh but we were crap in our first practice match against the best list in the comp.
I know what you mean about the angst going back further than a practice match but I consider the above to be a lot more meaningful than a practice match result.


Last edited by Pies2016 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
3rd degree Aries



Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Location: John Wren's tote

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
No more words from Eddie or Buckley. We know they can both talk it up...but we need to see actions.


So what will we see from you yard sprints from the boundary that will inspire Mayne to become James Wasley?? Crying or Very sad

_________________
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Mugwump 



Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Location: Between London and Melbourne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
FFS peoples, harden up and show a bit of backbone. If we were actually at war I swear some of you would be taken out the back and shot as 'fifth columnists' or deserters.

Let's have none of this negativity and talk of defeat even before the season has begun. Get on board and get behind Bucks and his team. Go Pies! Twisted Evil


Yes, itís incredible. Itís as though some people like Collingwood as a fashion accessory, something which is only loved when it complements them.


Two good posts. Surely the smart thing to do is to at least save the first of the negativity until about round 5 or 6 ( if we donít start well ) but to preach doom and gloom after the first practice match is ď naive ď at best.


If you believe peoples negativity has anything to do with one JLT game then you Sir are the naive one.


Based on what occurred towards the end of last season, I have no reason to think that we will not improve by a ď few ď ladder positions on 2017.

Towards the end of the year we played our best footy.
Young players have had more games put into them ( including Langdon and Scharenberg )
We have a softer draw
We have new line coaches ( cue cheap shot )
We have flagged positional changes on field which the club obviously believe is for the better.
We havenít lost key on field leadership personal like other clubs ( eagles - Priddis, Mitchell. Hawks - Hodge, Gibson Saints - Riewoldt Montagna. Carlton - Docherty Gibbs Etc )
We HAVE had a review ( and supporters can make of that what they will )

Oh but we were crap in our first practice match against the best list in the comp.
I know what you mean about the angst going back further than a practice match but I consider the above to be a lot more meaningful than a practice match result.


Good post, and I agree. Nothing is certain but I expect is to be very competitive this year as a growing pool of good young players matures,

_________________
Two more flags before I die!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
...
Based on what occurred towards the end of last season, I have no reason to think that we will not improve by a ď few ď ladder positions on 2017.

...
We have a softer draw
...)
We HAVE had a review ( and supporters can make of that what they will )
...

I guess what's more important is whether we're heading towards another premiership. (In that regard, for example, the softer draw is not helpful --- unless the premiership comes this year.) Yo-yoing is not really helpful in terms of building towards a premiership.

We had two reviews. I think one review was a really positive contribution and I hope its author has an increasing role at the club in the future. My main concern now is that its recommendations be adopted as promised, with transparency to the rank and file, and in a timely fashion.

I'm not sure about the other review. We don't know any of its contents. It was not carried out by an impartial outsider, though one can debate which impartial outsider is qualified to make such a review. I've stated somewhere else my disquiet about the seemingly faddish and clumsy application of the fun mantra at our club (for example).
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
PyreneesPie 



Joined: 22 Aug 2014


PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
FFS peoples, harden up and show a bit of backbone. If we were actually at war I swear some of you would be taken out the back and shot as 'fifth columnists' or deserters.

Let's have none of this negativity and talk of defeat even before the season has begun. Get on board and get behind Bucks and his team. Go Pies! Twisted Evil


Yes, itís incredible. Itís as though some people like Collingwood as a fashion accessory, something which is only loved when it complements them.


Extremely well said from you two. I'm in full agreement.

Fabulous speech from Eddie. He completely gets the essence of what it means to be a stalwart Pie supporter (in my case for over five decades now).
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
PyreneesPie 



Joined: 22 Aug 2014


PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:

I guess what's more important is whether we're heading towards another premiership.


I just don't get this pre-occupation with premierships. Yeah, they're mind-blowingly beautiful when they happen, but they're bloody hard to get and to me, they're the icing on the cake. The cake can still taste delicious without the icing Wink
(Jeez, I'm starting to speak in riddles like MM).
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
masoncox 



Joined: 31 Aug 2015


PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We will not go quietly into the night
We will not vanish without a fight
We're going to live on
We're going to survive.
Poor old Ed he has been watching too many old movies
with his friend Donald.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
K wrote:

I guess what's more important is whether we're heading towards another premiership.


I just don't get this pre-occupation with premierships. Yeah, they're mind-blowingly beautiful when they happen, but they're bloody hard to get and to me, they're the icing on the cake. The cake can still taste delicious without the icing Wink
(Jeez, I'm starting to speak in riddles like MM).

Hmmm.....
Yo-yoing with the statistical fluctuations is not my idea of fun.
The journey should be enjoyed, but that is under the assumption you're actually going towards the destination. Looking at maps and compasses occasionally might help determine that.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.


Joined: 17 Mar 2003


PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is his or her idea of fun?
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum



Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group