Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Time to fire up folks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
It’s the skills thing. As P4S pointed out, if they still stink in a practice match, the pressure of a real game will only make it worse. Doesn5 matter how many A players are missing, the B players still should know how to kick and hand pass effectively

I wish I was more optimistic but I’m just not feeling it. I’m looking forward to getting to the footy, but I’m also very apprehensive. I reckon Hawthorn will shove the first nail in all the way down to the very soul of the inhabitant.

I don't know who you define as A or B players but it was those that will be playing most weeks that displayed sub standard skills, as they have done in seasons past. We have a team that can't kick.
TopGun Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:39 pm

There is certainly a lot of negativity on Nicks this year and I must admit that is creating a depressing outlook for me
BUT
When I think of some of our 2017 late season performances and look at our best 22, plus changes that may occur as a result of the review then I become increasingly optimistic

As long as we have a good run with injuries and there is no infighting within the club, I have no reason to believe that we will not be strong finals contenders
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:45 pm

K wrote:
^^^ Go to 1:14 of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXAVKJTIM1E

Have you been waiting 20 years to be fed that line?
K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
K wrote:
^^^ Go to 1:14 of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXAVKJTIM1E

Have you been waiting 20 years to be fed that line?

30 years, actually.

The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:53 am

2010 a flag, 2011 runners up, fast forward 7 years and we have had a slight sweep out but the broomstick is still the same. I will fire up when the spark is lit. As the moment we have a wet box of matches and are searching for a decent hairdryer. In saying that, we start this season with supporters having the lowest expectation for a long time. That will mean any disappointment will be felt a lot less and any win will be savored and celebrated hard.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:22 am

We're going to be dealt out the same muck this year, mark my word... the bottom line is that the fundamentals of our failure are exactly the same as before i.e shocking skills and the same clowns running the show. Be ready for another long and painful year.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:31 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
We're going to be dealt out the same muck this year, mark my word... the bottom line is that the fundamentals of our failure are exactly the same as before i.e shocking skills and the same clowns running the show. Be ready for another long and painful year.

What you say is true only if we keep the same list each year and those on the list stay the same each year. But each year players go out and new players come in and players like Maynard, Langdon, Aish, De Goey and McLarty improve as they adjust to the AFL system. So what happens this year is an entirely new ball game which I feel optimistic about if we build on the positive results of the last 7 games of the previous year and new players in Stephenson, Murphy and Murray can break into the side to improve the team and the second year players in Daicos and Brown can make an impact. Or as you say it could go the other way and we don't improve at all, but you don't base your judgement on a couple of meaningless JLT games.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:48 am

Don't give up yet.

It's still mathematically possible to make the finals (I had to say that. Might as well get in first as it will be said in about 5000 different posts before the season is done).
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am

I'm excited!

Can't wait for the season to start and shove it up all the non-believers, right from the get go!

Either we heal as a team or we’re gonna crumble, inch by inch, quarter by quarter, till we’re finished. We’re in hell right now, people, believe me. And we can stay here and get the $&#@ kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell, one inch at a time.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:01 am

K wrote:
^^^
Ben, how does your endocrinologist know what tablets Rudey's taking? Is your endo. one of those spies who hangs out on Nicks endangering us all?

I wouldn't recommend my medication to anyone. Twisted Evil
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:20 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:

Don't give up yet.

It's still mathematically possible to make the finals (I had to say that. Might as well get in first as it will be said in about 5000 different posts before the season is done).

It deserves its own thread. You might want to start it.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:51 pm
Post subject: Re: Time to fire up folksReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Is it just me? Is it my middle/old age as testosterone levels dissipate? I don't know what it is, but I can't recall a pre-season period where everyone appears to be so flat and unexcited about our looming season.

We lose one lousy practice game with not much more than a scratch side and all of a sudden it's all doom and gloom!

So let's hear a bit of optimism and positivity folks. We are Collingwood and we are on the way back. Go Pies! Twisted Evil

My optimism and positivity took a beating before this season even got into 2018. We really needed a list clean out and I guess we did.Kinda?? Got rid of some tall defenders and kept Blair Broomhead and Smith,who in all honesty, bring nothing to the team.We then have that scratch match and the 3 of them are named although Blair didn't play.We would have lost be more had he have played. And then the JDG debacle and the way the club treated him ,to me is deplorable and he will be dealt with by the courts and the media circus will have a field day because someone informed the media that someone got done for DUI !!! I'm now thinking that if the AFL bring in a mid season swap fest JDG will go and who'd blame him and we'll end up with another spud to go in the pot with the other 3 who should have been turfed out. So ,YES, I am feeling very flat and un optimistic.I hope it's just a bad dream.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:50 pm

^^^
The media behaviour, some of which really surprised me, is not the fault of the club.

"Who'd blame him?" you ask about him hypothetically DeGoeying. Look, JDG is not a victim here.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:12 pm

Cam wrote:
Well, for one thing... there will be no #SAVEBUCKS vs #SACKBUCKS... if we aren't at least 4-4 after 8 games... it will be 100% sack.

I'd like to believe that this time Cam; I really would...

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: