Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Time to fire up folks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

In what way?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:14 am

I think we'll be ok, Practise games historically are nothing to go on, although our effort V GWS was astoundingly frustrating, 2 goals 4 points at 3/4 time will generally set of the alarm bells and the players for whatever reason high fiving one another with laughter at games end was stupid.

It's going to be another tough season with the comp becoming tighter and tighter, It's this simple with our best side on the park we will be super competitive and with luck will fall somewhere i'm hoping in the 5th to 8th group on the ladder.

I'm not sure about moving Cox into the goal square, Darcy when fit will be a sensation down back, If Elliott has a full season that will be a mighty boost..fingers crossed.

We appear to have too many of the same type of player some are just simply B side players, Our skills have to improve and we need a gigantic luck of run with injuries.

I'm expecting a better showing in Moe on Saturday if not i will be hugely disappointed, I'm tired of walking past Collingwood supporters shaking their heads.

Early days comrades stick fat will be the only solution Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:37 am

It’s the skills thing. As P4S pointed out, if they still stink in a practice match, the pressure of a real game will only make it worse. Doesn5 matter how many A players are missing, the B players still should know how to kick and hand pass effectively

I wish I was more optimistic but I’m just not feeling it. I’m looking forward to getting to the footy, but I’m also very apprehensive. I reckon Hawthorn will shove the first nail in all the way down to the very soul of the inhabitant.

BUCKSTOPSHERE 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Nah I think they played really well ... for the Wooden Spoon Hopefuls... Keep Bucks on as Coach, he's doing really well..
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:19 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Part of the problem is that we didn't recruit any new exciting players to the club in the off season.So it looks like it's going to be more of the same,unfortunately.I can't see where any real improvement is going to come from.

Stephenson was described as the X factor from the top 10 draft picks.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:52 pm

like us all i hope we show up against the flea bags on saturday. Let's not count ourselves out just yet, we can do that later on , give the lads some support. Really hoping for big things from Maynard, Wills , DeGoey and let us all pray for Mayne. Cox should do most of the ruck work. Grundy could become a very handy forward.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:52 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
I think we'll be ok, Practise games historically are nothing to go on, although our effort V GWS was astoundingly frustrating, 2 goals 4 points at 3/4 time will generally set of the alarm bells and the players for whatever reason high fiving one another with laughter at games end was stupid.

Another way of looking at it, and perhaps explaining the high-fives, is that the Pies gave GWS absolutely nothing to learn from in that game. Zip. Nought. GWS came away from that game without the benefit of a contested hit out and without any idea of how Collingwood might play in the H&A season.

It'll be different against the Dogs.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Woods wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
... the players for whatever reason high fiving one another with laughter at games end was stupid.

Another way of looking at it, and perhaps explaining the high-fives, is that the Pies gave GWS absolutely nothing to learn from in that game. Zip. Nought. GWS came away from that game without the benefit of a contested hit out and without any idea of how Collingwood might play in the H&A season.

We've been given the strong impression that "having more fun" is the new flavour of the year at Collingwood. The high fives & laughter may well be a product of that.

It's good for them all to feel like their job is fun. But why were they apparently so miserable in the past? Is there anything else of substance that came out of Walsh's review (if indeed this fun mantra comes from that --- maybe it doesn't)?

I get the uncomfortable feeling here of a club jumping on a fad ("Richmond turned up the fun in 2017. That's the secret.") and then adopting it in a rather clumsy and robotic fashion.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:54 pm

Waiting for the real football to assess the side
Most practice matches I hope for no injuries ,some players to get match fitness and see if any played out of position show something.

Instead its been doom and gloom

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:48 pm

And this ...

Pies CEO.jpg

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:59 pm

Let's begin the season by smashing the living daylights out of the Dawks. Cool
K 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:17 pm

^^^ Go to 1:14 of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXAVKJTIM1E
Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:23 pm

I also feel a little bit of, well, not much about the start of this year. I used to get so hyped up, even in the late 90's when we were in worse shape than now, but I'm not sure what's different with this year. Maybe we're all waiting for Lynch next year Razz Maybe I need some of Rudey's tablets... Who knows (my endocrinologist advises against it by the way).

I wonder if Eddies speech on the website is trying to build up a so far disappointing hype to the start of the season? It's palpable, and it may be a problem, especially if we start poorly and have injuries (like Moore, Elliot, Fasolo etc) early.

- Ben
K 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:35 pm

^^^
Ben, how does your endocrinologist know what tablets Rudey's taking? Is your endo. one of those spies who hangs out on Nicks endangering us all?
Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:55 pm

Nope, he's also a pusher.

There's just some drugs you can't get on medicare mate...

- Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: