Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
round 1 collingwood v hawthorn
3 votes .... J. DeGoey... Collingwood.

Oh, come on, E. The kid's just guilty of drink-driving, not of umpire bribery.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:57 am

Swanny seems to think DeGoey will turn it around, and could be back sooner rather than later...

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/03/06/de-goey-set-for-massive-year-says-dane-swan/
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:59 am

stoliboy wrote:
Playing in this team is punishment enough.

Let him play.

Laughing Laughing

Impressive !

www.facebook/the hybernators
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
Swanny seems to think DeGoey will turn it around, and could be back sooner rather than later...

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/03/06/de-goey-set-for-massive-year-says-dane-swan/

The afl.com article says that ‘Swannys career was marred by drug and alcohol issues’. Excuse me? Drug issues? Please explain.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:

Going to be interesting to see how the Swan/DeGoey connection plays out.

As I posted earlier, John Ralph at the Herald-Sun has already mentioned that De Goey was binge drinking at Swan's pub in the days before the DUI bust.

The Footy Show starts tomorrow night with Swan as a regular. Wonder if tomorrow's H-S will run a Jon Ralph story with further information on De Goey's fun times at the Albion in Feb (which Swan may have to deal with on air later that evening).

Jon Ralph - De Goey.jpg

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:20 am

Ed has sown the first seed. He’ll be in for round 1. Back it in.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:08 am

Apparently the leadership group will meet next week to consider De Goey's progress. I figure they'll recognise his contrition and his application on the training track since he was banished from the senior squad. Hopefully that enables him to rejoin training with his teammates and be available for round one. If that happens, just wait for the media frenzy, especially from that pisshead Robbo, attacking Collingwood for being weak. Assuming that occurs, I'd like Eddie to tell Robbo to stick it up his #rse. Cool
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:46 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Apparently the leadership group will meet next week to consider De Goey's progress. I figure they'll recognise his contrition and his application on the training track since he was banished from the senior squad. Hopefully that enables him to rejoin training with his teammates and be available for round one. If that happens, just wait for the media frenzy, especially from that pisshead Robbo, attacking Collingwood for being weak. Assuming that occurs, I'd like Eddie to tell Robbo to stick it up his #rse. Cool

I've brought this up before in other forums and been condemned by some ,but had a greater share of support. and it has to do with the North Melbourne player Simpkins who drunkenly stepped onto a busy road in front of a motor bike and was hit. Now I GET that he won't driving, however,he is an AFL player out and about ,drunk and caused a motor cyclist to be involved in an accident, which could quite possibly have killed him and had the bike spun out of control ,could have killed anybody. I can hear the "It's not the samers" winding up and I am NOT defending JDG for driving whilst drunk.I might add he did NOT cause an accident ,unlike the other guy did and I know he COULD have.However ,in the age ,yesterday,Simpkins was getting the Fortunate poor kid treatment, for being drunk in public and actually causing an accident which could quite easily have caused a serious injury or a death and JDG gets the full media treatment that only is afforded to Collingwood and is then treated like a piece of garbage by his club, his employer, which any workplace where you don't require a licence for your job, would be hauled before the courts for restraint of trade of similar if the same treatment was meted out to them.
De Goey will be dealt with by the courts and we will see an endless media frenzy when he does front the court which no other citizen in the land would have to endure unless they wiped n entire family out, the other guy gets the poor kid treatment and our supporters bag the KID for mucking up
I'm sorry but I an totally pissed off with the club over this one for dropping their pants and bending over to appease the haters to the extent I have not renewed my membership. I think h club is weak and are led by the nose by the likes of Wilson and Slobbo.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:55 pm

^^^
Well, we simply don't know the details of Simpkin's incident. If, for example, it was jaywalking that a completely sober person might have done, then the alcohol element would not have been all that relevant. But let the Paupers worry about Simpkin. If they were hypothetically to reward him with the captaincy, would that really mean anything? It's not relevant to us.

Eddie and Robbo have been engaged in an ongoing media war over JDG, so I don't think Robbo has anything to do with the club's actions either. Wilson has not commented at all. Maybe she's on holiday.

Last edited by K on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:12 pm

K wrote:
^^^
Well, we simply don't know the details of Simkin's incident. If, for example, it was jaywalking that a completely sober person might have done, then the alcohol element would not have been relevant. But let the Paupers worry about Simkin. It's not relevant to us.

My point exactly.However,it has been reported he was intoxicated and stepped onto the road, which is jay walking .

"""".North Melbourne youngster Jy Simpkin will miss up to a month of football after being struck by a motorcycle while drunk.The 19-year-old stepped out into the path of the bike in West Melbourne early on Sunday morning, injuring his ankle when it collided with him.""""
It doesn't really matter .The point is the hysteria that surrounded a Collingwood player, who,YES did drive while intoxicated.Did NOT cause an accident or injure anyone or himself ,where as any other team can have a player drunk,step out on the road and cause an accident and DID harm someone ,himself, but could quite easily harmed the rider and pedestrians and the media tell us he was fortunate and poor him and that club circled around him and gave him the help he needed and didn't bag him out in public.
Maybe not relevant to us but the way North handled their employee ,to me at least,was very relevant.It my seem I'm banging on about it but I am very disappointed in Collingwood over this issue.And of course, now we see JDG with a hamstring injury after sending him out labouring all day and then training with the VFL side after work.Great work Collingwood.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:28 pm

mudlark wrote:
K wrote:
^^^
Well, we simply don't know the details of Simkin's incident. If, for example, it was jaywalking that a completely sober person might have done, then the alcohol element would not have been relevant. But let the Paupers worry about Simkin. It's not relevant to us.

My point exactly.However,it has been reported he was intoxicated and stepped onto the road, which is jay walking .

... The point is the hysteria that surrounded a Collingwood player, who,YES did drive while intoxicated.Did NOT cause an accident...
Maybe not relevant to us but the way North handled their employee ,to me at least,was very relevant.It my seem I'm banging on about it but I am very disappointed in Collingwood over this issue.And of course, now we see JDG with a hamstring injury after sending him out labouring all day and then training with the VFL side after work.Great work Collingwood.

The media hysteria is not the club's fault. The landscaping, or "labouring all day" as you insist on calling it, is not some sort of cruel and unusual punishment. It's just a job. The kid does not like officework; if he did, no doubt his manager would have arranged it and the club would have been fine with it. The other VFL players also have regular jobs, some of them "labouring all day", and they did not break down at training.

And I have no idea why so many people want to bring up player X or club Y but refuse to acknowledge what happened to Stevie J. and how it basically became universally accepted by clubs, media, and fans as the established way to treat such cases.

JDG is not the victim here.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm

K wrote:
mudlark wrote:
K wrote:
^^^

... The point is the hysteria that surrounded a Collingwood player, who,YES did drive while intoxicated.Did NOT cause an accident...

The media hysteria is not the club's fault. The landscaping, or "labouring all day" as you insist on calling it, is not some sort of cruel and unusual punishment. It's just a job. The kid does not like officework; if he did, no doubt his manager would have arranged it and the club would have been fine with it. The other VFL players also have regular jobs, some of them "labouring all day", and they did not break down at training.

And I have no idea why so many people want to bring up player X or club Y but refuse to acknowledge what happened to Stevie J. and how it basically became universally accepted by clubs, media, and fans as the established way to treat such cases.

JDG is not the victim here.

Again.My point exactly.He should be doing his real job which is playing football.Training to play football and being managed to play football.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:47 pm

Well, Stevie J. missed 5 real matches. So far, JDG has missed none.

Are you happy with all the aspects of the penalty that aren't connected with missing senior training or senior games?
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:44 pm

K wrote:
Well, Stevie J. missed 5 real matches. So far, JDG has missed none.

Are you happy with all the aspects of the penalty that aren't connected with missing senior training or senior games?

He will be dealt with in the courts. The fact that the club has come out and bagged him publicly is a disgrace. North have circled the wagons and nothing has been said about their bloke. Steve Johnston was done DUI and other alcohol related incidents at least 3 other times various assault charges as well. I also think Stevie J was done during the season not 2 months before when he was obviously on a weekend off. I am in agreement with a club fine and doing community work or more over trauma ward work to see the actual affect of drunk driving. He is a footballer in the senior team and does not need to be scolded like a little boy and put in the naughty corner with the 2's.
I'm not denying that what he has done is stupid but his handling by the club is a disgrace and most other work places would not be allowed to further penalise a worker unless a drivers licence was needed in your job. And it may well be that the VFL players are not managed as carefully as the AFL boys.Think no further the Buddy Franklin.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:59 pm

^^^
Exactly which comments of the club do you regard as bagging JDG publicly?

Walsh's comments? Walsh bags everyone, including departing players (Wellers) and Pies fans. People should probably feel left out if they have not been bagged by Walsh.

From memory, Stevie J. missed the first five games of the season, so if that's true it was at a pretty similar time, though I don't think that really matters. I'd have to check how many incidents SJ's had and in what order the punishments came, but JDG is not a first-time offender.

The AFL is not most other workplaces. Like most other workplaces, however, it is a business. It's not personal; it's strictly business. The AFL and the AFLPA negotiate, there is thrust and counterthrust, and they come to terms. The AFL gives certain things; the AFLPA gives certain things in return. Those things in return include an implicit concession to the AFL that off-field behaviour can damage the bottom line, and therefore the AFL and clubs should have some control over it. This is just business. Without it, the players would be given less money.

Last edited by K on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 82 of 301   

Jump to: