Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Time to fire up folks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

bugalugs wrote:
... I got nothing. Sad

Maybe your avatar should pray for us and our noble club, instead of looking at questionable internet content.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Cam wrote:
Well, for one thing... there will be no #SAVEBUCKS vs #SACKBUCKS... if we aren't at least 4-4 after 8 games... it will be 100% sack.
How about that. And another?
bugalugs 

Hiding in your wardrobe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:03 pm

K wrote:
bugalugs wrote:
... I got nothing. Sad

Maybe your avatar should pray for us and our noble club, instead of looking at questionable internet content.

It's how I used to look at picking my best 22 Shocked

Now. Nothing.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:23 pm

K wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
K wrote:
^^^
How good are those twins, P16?

Ha. Well everyone seems convinced were bottom five bound, so thats a lucky break for us Rolling Eyes
Should net us either Jack Lukosius (S A ) or one of the King twins. What more could we want. Three of the best tall prospects in last 10 years.

Do you mean the King twins play the same position and do it (roughly) equally well? Speaking greedily, we need two picks, but the priority-pick rules have changed so we won't have more than one (without trading for an extra one) and may have none (high enough in the order).

Im mindful this isnt the right forum but its a funny scenario with the King twins and their footy. The feeling is they are both natural forwards but because they are both so good, they just play them at opposite ends of the ground. Ben plays back and Max plays forward. They play for Haileybury in the APS and very little gets past them. Bit harder in TAC but they are both jets.
Lukosius is a great KPF prospect too. Because hes from SA, its hard to do comparisons against the twins but the SA crop this year will be as good as they have put forward.

Anyway, Im sure as the season wears on, there will be much more draft talk to come and some would have you believe as early as about round six Rolling Eyes
Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:42 pm

Cam wrote:
Well, for one thing... there will be no #SAVEBUCKS vs #SACKBUCKS... if we aren't at least 4-4 after 8 games... it will be 100% sack.

I think you might be right, we've had our review, been patient, allowed for circumstances. Barring something extraordinary I guess it's upwards or outwards for Bucks.

I know it was just a lousy pre-season game, but it's really hard to muster much optimism based on what's been going on recently.

Still hoping for the best though. Smile
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Part of the problem is that we didn't recruit any new exciting players to the club in the off season.So it looks like it's going to be more of the same,unfortunately.I can't see where any real improvement is going to come from.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:39 pm

Cam wrote:

And deprive Bucks of his first minor premership (18-4) and premiership as coach? Very Happy

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:50 pm

It is hard to be super optimistic with our track record. I think that 2016 was the worst start ever with a convincing loss against Sydney, an injury to Pendles and a career ending injury to Swanny. That was soul destroying
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:55 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Cam wrote:

And deprive Bucks of his first minor premership (18-4) and premiership as coach? Very Happy

That scenario is more Mighty Ducks than Mighty Magpies Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:23 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
What's there to get fired up about? The team has been so hopeless to watch that I haven't been to a game since I watched them play for 15 minutes against The Western Bulldogs on 26 July 2015 - that's over two full seasons (yes, I went to virtually every game in 1976 - and I also have a certain fondness for Jason Wild, so it isn't about the on-field results).

It isn't "all of a sudden" doom and gloom - the Club has been on this pointless path for years. I couldn't care less about the practice match result. I didn't watch it and I have no interest. What I do care about is where we're going to find the other 8 blokes (10 if my old mate qldmp467 is right about the Future Captain and Sidey) we need to field a competitive team. There is no rational basis for thinking those 8 (or 10) players are going to emerge before the 2018 finals race is over.

Steven Winwood says hello.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXfAbFdj8_E

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:27 am
Post subject: Re: Time to fire up folksReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Is it just me? Is it my middle/old age as testosterone levels dissipate? I don't know what it is, but I can't recall a pre-season period where everyone appears to be so flat and unexcited about our looming season.

We lose one lousy practice game with not much more than a scratch side and all of a sudden it's all doom and gloom!

So let's hear a bit of optimism and positivity folks. We are Collingwood and we are on the way back. Go Pies! Twisted Evil

I just want a team that can kick!

E 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:46 am

Shouldn't we at least wait to see what we look like with our best 22 on the park.

Having Stephenson and Murphy "in the system" has to be a step in the right direction.

McLarty, Murray, Kirby, Brown, Brown and Daicos (and maybe Sier and Wills) have to be given some chance to show if they can play.

Moore, DeGoey, Aish and Scharenberg have to have improved from last year as they still have not approached their prime.

Howe, Elliot, Wells, Treloar, Faz, etc., haven't even stepped onto the track yet. Are we sure they are all written off for the season?

Pendles, Reid and Adams were in training drill mode out there.

I take people's point that if we need to rely on Smith, Broomhead, Blair, Crocker, Thomas, Mayne and Mihocek, we are toast! But i can probably name 25 players ahead of them and 8 kids who might pass them soon!

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:27 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
What's there to get fired up about? The team has been so hopeless to watch that I haven't been to a game since I watched them play for 15 minutes against The Western Bulldogs on 26 July 2015 - that's over two full seasons (yes, I went to virtually every game in 1976 - and I also have a certain fondness for Jason Wild, so it isn't about the on-field results).

It isn't "all of a sudden" doom and gloom - the Club has been on this pointless path for years. I couldn't care less about the practice match result. I didn't watch it and I have no interest. What I do care about is where we're going to find the other 8 blokes (10 if my old mate qldmp467 is right about the Future Captain and Sidey) we need to field a competitive team. There is no rational basis for thinking those 8 (or 10) players are going to emerge before the 2018 finals race is over.

No your misquoting me ole mate. I never said Sidey shouldn't be is the side just not as a midfielder but more as a small forward were he played so well I the TAC cup final and kicked goals something we are desperate for. We have loads of midfielders what we don't have is smart smalls in th forward 50 who can make something happen from nothing.
Langdon is a diffent story. I've said before if he's considered in our best defensive 6 then we are in loads of trouble from the get go. He leaks goals at an extraordinary rate over his entire career. His slight of frame making him easily beaten in a body contest, he doesn't read the game well and is often caught ball watching and his kicking over 20+ meters is below ordinary. Granted he tries hard but so does Blair doesn't mean we should play him so why Langdon.
I don't care about trial matches either but surely the 22 blokes selected can actually kick the ball to a team mate 20m away more often than not. For mine it's called basic skills something we seem unable to perform under any sort of pressure.
It's been the same for years which is frustrating when you consider our coach was such a great field kick in his day.
Our effort will be there and we will keep ourselves in contests for large periods but until we can perform the basic skills under pressure consistently we won't be playing finals simple.
I hope I'm wrong but for all the great reports provided by the Lad and from what I saw at a training season I attended the things we had been working on either the players can't perform or they simply don't get it
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:36 am

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Steven Winwood says hello.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXfAbFdj8_E

Can Steve kick, or would he just be another too old, too slow half-forward flanker type with silly hair? Wink
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:09 am

Hard to fire up when we have not made changes to change the previous performances/path/style.

In fact to me, it looks like we'll be worse.

The club has continued a direction that shows no signs to me of improving.

Hope I'm wrong, but I made my call on the Buck's region two seasons ago. It still hasn't changed and expected average or poor results have continued.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: