Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Position vacant

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's the next coach
Thinks positive
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
P4S
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rudeboy
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
John Wren
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Magpiebat
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Anyone else
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Swoops goat
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:32 am
Post subject: Position vacantReply with quote

It's that time of year when important and long term decisions need to be made in regards to the coach of the celebrated Nicks Posting XXII
Here below is a list of possible candidates.

Thinks positive led the team last year in a manner that was a breathe of fresh air (her payments to the board were on time and no cheque bounced)
Jojo made several staggering selections during the course of the season but true to her word she held no favour with any poster but was corrupt and unfair at all times a trait appreciated by the board
Jojo's strengths are many. She takes loads of photos, she understands how to grease the wheel and most importantly she keeps selecting Dyso and me
Odds 1-1

P4S my ole sparring partner and father of sideways Sidey and look the other way Langdon. His creditials as a coach are unknown but one thing for sure is he will favour anyone who agrees with his opinions of his sons.
At this stage we are doing credit check to ascertain his "ability" to ensure the financial assistance required to be paid weekly to the board can be met.
Odds 8-1 (unless he's financials don't read well then his odds will be 100-1)

Rudeboy a favourite among the posters for his sharp mind and low standards in the fillings in dim sims. Rude has been a long serving team member of the posting 22 and often even turned up just before kick off with a empty VB in one had and the last bite of a dimmy in the other.
Rude holds no fear in making tough decisions which would include trading any of the nicks out to ensure he can meet his weekly financial obligations to the board.
Odds 6-1 (odds my shorten if he slips a little something under the door of the chairman and we don't mean a flattened dimmy)

John Wren a former coach who hasn't been seen since his last payment to board wasn't received. In his time as coach John struggled to understand the basics that form a successful team. He selected players on form when he should have been selecting them on the financial ability to pay the board.
John w highly regarded by many just not the board who had to cut back there end of season training camp in Thailand to a mere 30 days in a 5 star resort (poor Dyso still hasn't recovered from only having 1 ladyboy to peel his grapes)
Odds 1,000,000 - 1

Magpiebat the mod for the people and all round good guy. The bat is a smokey as he basically does everything around here so why wouldn't we make him coach as well ? The bat man has assembled a vast fortune fining posters who transgress a fact the board likes (we can charge him more for the privilege to coach meaning more time in the sun for Dyso and me come seasons end
Odds 4-1

Anyone else. This is a open resume were we can insert a name of any poster who has in the offseason won the lottery or come into a substantial inheritance
If this is the case you will automatically be favourite to be named coach
Odds 1-10
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankiboy for coach!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:30 am

I think TP did a fine job last year and should be retained. Unlike some other coaches, she hasn't been responsible for the team missing the finals 5 years in a row (yet).

I'm happier to confine my official activities to reviewing the voting in the Langdon/Sidebottom (formerly "Copeland") Trophy on an ad hoc basis.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:16 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I think TP did a fine job last year and should be retained. Unlike some other coaches, she hasn't been responsible for the team missing the finals 5 years in a row (yet).

I'm happier to confine my official activities to reviewing the voting in the Langdon/Sidebottom (formerly "Copeland") Trophy on an ad hoc basis.

I took us to a Prelim in 2012 ! Wink

www.facebook/the hybernators
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:52 pm

Me - I'm the only one who's been constantly right about our fortunes for the last 6-7 years - than again, I can't be bothered cause even I can't carry that many fools... Rolling Eyes
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Thanks for your vote of confidence QM67, but I'd rather stick to my dim sim duties. You know what they say, "a man has to know his limitations".

I actually think you should throw your hat in the ring. Cool
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:12 pm

INXS88
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:04 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Me - I'm the only one who's been constantly right about our fortunes for the last 6-7 years - than again, I can't be bothered cause even I can't carry that many fools... Rolling Eyes

The assistant coach is gonna be important, Daffy. If you get the gig you’ll have sacked yourself by three quarter time each week...

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:21 pm

What about me?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:57 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Thanks for your vote of confidence QM67, but I'd rather stick to my dim sim duties. You know what they say, "a man has to know his limitations".

I actually think you should throw your hat in the ring. Cool

Rude the whole idea about being the corrupt chairman of the board is to have someone else paying doesn't make sense to pay myself
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:58 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
What about me?

DTM nothing wrong with you
If you send a blank cheque I'll fill the amount in later and once it clears the job will be yours !!
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:20 am

I should be your coach.

Why? Because I'm tired of the same old crap. Year after year after year of being led by the lesser of "who cares?". Of trying to get myself excited about a coach who can type and speak in complete sentences. Of setting the bar so low, I can't even look at it anymore.

Also, because I have the only superpower that's worth anything and everything...

Make me your coach and you'll never have to worry about saving for a footy trip to Thailand or Bali or Bali and Thailand ever again...

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:11 am

MagpieBat wrote:
I should be your coach.

Why? Because I'm tired of the same old crap. Year after year after year of being led by the lesser of "who cares?". Of trying to get myself excited about a coach who can type and speak in complete sentences. Of setting the bar so low, I can't even look at it anymore.

Also, because I have the only superpower that's worth anything and everything...

Make me your coach and you'll never have to worry about saving for a footy trip to Thailand or Bali or Bali and Thailand ever again...

Now this is the type of self promotion and bashing of other candidates the board like to see.
It's shameless and heartless which is exactly how we like our coaches.
Whilst the poll is still alive and all nicks members have there right to vote remember at the end of the day your vote is meaningless and the decision will be made by the board in the best interests of the board and not nicks.
I'm sure my fellow board member Dyso will be very happy with this proposal Magpiebat and I can see you having a long career as coach (well at least until we have depleted your wealth then you will be cast aside for the next coach of considerable means)
Dyso ring now and book book us into our training facility for a extended off season (which starts when finals aren't within reach so some time around April by the looks of things) also your harem of ladyboys will be pleased to see your smiling face and bulging wallet again
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:01 am

I’ve voted for the bat, lol but seriously 6 for anyone else? Name and shame those £$%$ers
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:35 pm

think positive wrote:
I’ve voted for the bat, lol but seriously 6 for anyone else? Name and shame those £$%$ers

Jojo your welcome to reapply for the position.
Just forward your resume along with the $150,000 application fee and $75,000 administration fee and $250,000 I really want the job fee and I'm sure you will be given every fair consideration
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: