Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17 Callum Brown

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If we hadn't drafted them father son the supporters would have rioted.

Give the kid some time.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:16 pm

uncanny wrote:
give the boy some time.
that means two more years aa long as hes having an honest crack at
same with Josh Daicos

This.

There's blokes that have been at the list a lot longer than Brown and Daics that are far more deserving of scrutiny than these kids.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:54 pm

I am for giving the boys more time...all for it.
But the question is .....what do you see....because I don't see much at this point.
Legit question.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:47 am

masoncox wrote:
But the question is .....what do you see....because I don't see much at this point.
Legit question.

I didn't see much in Heath Shaw at the same point in his career as Callum Brown (short, slow etc.).
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:01 am

Seems reluctant to kick the thing, and when he did, not a great kick unfortunately. Hopefully it was a once off and not the standard.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:20 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Legit question.

I didn't see much in Heath Shaw at the same point in his career as Callum Brown (short, slow etc.).

IIRC Heath had an amazing debut against the doggies and oicked up 20-odd possies.

Looked a player form the get go.

I hope Callum comes good- but he seems fumbly and rushed- likely needs time to adjust- but seems to be trying too hard to do the right thing rather than playing on instinct as Heater did/does

This is the biggest problem most of our players have
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:59 am

masoncox wrote:
Legit question.

Yep, legit question. I need to clarify that I’m not saying he is going to make it but I can promise you it’s way to early to make the call. He will never be a superstar but he looks like he wants to succeed and that’s a good start.
Take a quick glance at the draft he figured in. Other than the first three picks and Luke Ryan as a mature age pick, there isn’t much else to have made an impression yet.
He reminds me of Caleb Daniel, the one most people criticised the dogs for investing a draft pick on. Too small and can’t kick over a jam tin. He’s now a premiership player and in their best 22. Daniel comes with a bit more poise with ball in hand than Brown but he will improve that area as he adjusts to the tempo.
Also the modern high pressure, retain the ball in the forward line suits him.
He wants the ball, he’s couragous and seems tough like his old man.
And let’s not forget, he did cop glandular fever in his first preseason. That’s can knock you around for many months.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:01 am

masoncox wrote:
Legit question.

Yep, legit question. I need to clarify that I’m not saying he is going to make it but I can promise you it’s way to early to make the call. He will never be a superstar but he looks like he wants to succeed and that’s a good start.
Take a quick glance at the draft he figured in. Other than the first three picks and Luke Ryan as a mature age pick, there isn’t much else to have made an impression yet.
He reminds me of Caleb Daniel, the one most people criticised the dogs for investing a draft pick on. Too small and can’t kick over a jam tin. He’s now a premiership player and in their best 22. Daniel comes with a bit more poise with ball in hand than Brown but he will improve that area as he adjusts to the tempo.
Also the modern high pressure, retain the ball in the forward line suits him.
He wants the ball, he’s couragous and seems tough like his old man.
And let’s not forget, he did cop glandular fever in his first preseason. That’s can knock you around for many months.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:03 am

Do you think he will get the ball he’s couragous and seems tough like his old man .
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:58 pm

Way too early to tell. Good judges who have seen a lot more footballers than I’ve had hot breakfasts saw enough in him to elevate him to several AFL games in his first year. That seems promising enough at this stage. He’s about the same height as Tony Shaw, who would still have been a star in today’s game.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Way too early to tell. Good judges who have seen a lot more footballers than I’ve had hot breakfasts saw enough in him to elevate him to several AFL games in his first year. That seems promising enough at this stage. He’s about the same height as Tony Shaw, who would still have been a star in today’s game.

Maybe the ones who elevated him thought it was a good idea to sign Mayne to a four year deal.
Outsourcing your opinion isn't a wise move on a blogging site.
The question I asked was ...what aspect of him playing footy that you like? I have seen dozens of players in their first year and a bit that I liked what I saw. In Callum Brown I have seen nothing of interest. Now the guy must be given a decent chance ...at least 3 or 4 years to show his worth so i definitely want him on our list.
But I just want to know what have you actually seen that took your interest!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:11 pm

masoncox wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Maybe the ones who elevated him thought it was a good idea to sign Mayne to a four year deal.
The question I asked was ...what aspect of him playing footy that you like? I have seen dozens of players in their first year and a bit that I liked what I saw. In Callum Brown I have seen nothing of interest. Now the guy must be given a decent chance ...at least 3 or 4 years to show his worth so i definitely want him on our list.

Then maybe you should also criticise the ones who elevated him at Vic Metro level and then at the All Australian level
You may also want to criticise those at the Kangas who selected him first at around pick 40 odd.
I’m not sure how many people have to tell you and anybody else who wants to judge a 2016 draftee, it’s to early to make a decision yet.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:42 pm

The dribbling clowns on here really make my day... seriously, the pathetic dribble that comes from some individuals, who claim to support our great club, entertains me no end.

Rowdy debuted around the same age as his young fella, didn't set the world on fire... was given time, to learn, to grow with the side and get the feel for the game.
I suspect Callum will do the same.

Gav didn't have the keyboard warriors, criticizing every, kick, every move OR every mistake he may have made.... 3 years later, he was an instrumental part in one of the most famous premiership victories ever seen!

But we didn't have the internet... did we Wink

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:33 am

masoncox wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

I didn’t outsource my opinion, of course. I said it is way too early to tell. To answer your question, he has played 5 games and average 14 possessions. Against Port Adelaide, a game I attended, he was one of the reasons we made a surge after half time, extracting several centre clearances in his second game. He has not set the world on fire, but he sure as hell showed some in and under grit. And, of course, he’s got footballing genes to spare.

Oh, and, er, failing to balance your relentless negativity with some positive observations is not a wise move on a blogging site.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:03 am

Mugwump wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

I didn’t outsource my opinion, of course. I said it is way too early to tell. To answer your question, he has played 5 games and average 14 possessions. Against Port Adelaide, a game I attended, he was one of the reasons we made a surge after half time, extracting several centre clearances in his second game. He has not set the world on fire, but he sure as hell showed some in and under grit. And, of course, he’s got footballing genes to spare.

Oh, and, er, failing to balance your relentless negativity with some positive observations is not a wise move on a blogging site.

So he has shown some in and under grit ...true.
But is that it?
Some footy genes is the other on the list....hardly a plug for the guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 5 of 20   

Jump to: