Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Newest Life Members

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:47 pm
Post subject: The Newest Life MembersReply with quote

I've just come from viewing the videos on the club site as Swanny, Ray Shaw and Sav were given their life memberships. Congratulations to all of them.

Swanny was his familiar, laconic self - love the man. He's such an enigma though, as he still amazes me how he can be so laid back in some facets of his life and achieve all he has. Underneath the laconic exterior must run a current of incredible determination and fortitude.

So much enjoyed listening to Ray Shaw's anecdotes. I used to go and watch training at Vic Park and his voice on the ground was like a ship's fog horn.

Footy sure was different back in his day and so was the life of a Collingwood supporter. We rode the highs and lows with the team and I for one, rarely kicked or criticized the club or players when we were down. We just sucked it up, because following the Pies was a mirror of what was expected from life - both unbridled joy and deep anguish. Very Happy
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:19 pm
Post subject: Re: The Newest Life MembersReply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
I've just come from viewing the videos on the club site as Swanny, Ray Shaw and Sav were given their life memberships. Congratulations to all of them.

Swanny was his familiar, laconic self - love the man. He's such an enigma though, as he still amazes me how he can be so laid back in some facets of his life and achieve all he has. Underneath the laconic exterior must run a current of incredible determination and fortitude.

So much enjoyed listening to Ray Shaw's anecdotes. I used to go and watch training at Vic Park and his voice on the ground was like a ship's fog horn.

Footy sure was different back in his day and so was the life of a Collingwood supporter. We rode the highs and lows with the team and I for one, rarely kicked or criticized the club or players when we were down. We just sucked it up, because following the Pies was a mirror of what was expected from life - both unbridled joy and deep anguish. Very Happy

It's pretty weird that the club took so long to make this award to Ray Shaw. I had assumed he was made a life member decades ago!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: