Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: watt price tully

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 764, 765, 766 ... 795, 796, 797  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a generalization.
stui magpie 

dum nei, sakte ja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:
The one thing the yanks just canít do is coffee! Oh god their coffee is foul!

Agree. Every time I've travelled to the US, the coffee has been awful.

We take it for granted, but Melbourne has some of the best coffee in the world.

Mate, when you're feeling a tad fragile from the previous night, chewing down your houvos rancheros with a bloody mary on the side, or biscuits and gravy, and the waitress comes over and refills your cup with filter coffee, I'd happily give her a sainthood right there. Wink

K 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:19 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Mate, when you're feeling a tad fragile from the previous night, chewing down your houvos rancheros with a bloody mary on the side, or biscuits and gravy, and the waitress comes over and refills your cup with filter coffee, I'd happily give her a sainthood right there. Wink

I take it you're referring to what the Americans call "biscuits", are you?
stui magpie 

dum nei, sakte ja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:48 am

Yeah, they're like a doughy plain scone that needs the gravy for flavour and moisture, but together they taste surprisingly good. Embarassed
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:00 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Yeah, they're like a doughy plain scone that needs the gravy for flavour and moisture, but together they taste surprisingly good. Embarassed

hehe, yeah i thought so too! i had some with mushroom gravy, bit weird for brekky! i also quite like grits!

stui magpie 

dum nei, sakte ja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:53 pm

The white sausage gravy is the bomb. Tried it in a 50's style diner in frisco.

Anyway, today I updated the computer table to a desk, ripped up some carpet, and put the fish tank on a new stand. Mt Wallet won't thank me, but I'm happy with the outcome.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:10 am

think positive wrote:
Cheers, I rarely eat anything pig now, (thank god for turkey bacon!) but hubby would love it! Funny, everyone seems to think you canít eat well in the USA, itís simply not true. Itís just there are so many temptations and super size is the serving size in most places. Iíve learnt to order starters, not entrees. Last big trip I lost 2 kg! The one thing the yanks just canít do is coffee! Oh god their coffee is foul!

Not sure if you are swinging that way but the Atlanta Car museum seems to have some interesting things for the motor fans. Apparently Nascar (stock car racing) was invented by bootleggers in the 30s as a means to beat the boredom after the cops couldn't catch them. According to Mysteries at the Museum anyway. They have some memorabilia from them. Anyway if you go that way you can get some American Honey, Honey,

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:59 pm

Bugger, went to Atlanta in 2016, missed that. What a shame. And no I didnít know that, very interesting. They have some amazing car museums.

And I will definitely be getting that honey honey! Itís $20 for a litre! Cheers! Thanks again

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:03 pm

Yes it is a shame, isn't it?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Beau bounced on me at 5.30am when junior went off to work, gave me a big smooch and went to sleep, just as i snoozed off again, hubby slides over, wraps his arm around me and whispers ever so softly in my ear....

did those fire extinguishers you got delivered yesterday come with brackets?

ah yes romance is well and truly alive! But he did bring me home a bunch of Macro Practice, um i mean flowers this evening!

K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:17 pm

think positive wrote:
Beau bounced on me at 5.30am when junior went off to work, gave me a big smooch and went to sleep, just as i snoozed off again, hubby slides over, wraps his arm around me and whispers ever so softly in my ear.... [1]

did those fire extinguishers you got delivered yesterday come with brackets? [2]

ah yes romance is well and truly alive! But he did bring me home a bunch of Macro Practice, um i mean flowers this evening!

At point [1], I was going to ask if you're sure it wasn't Beau.
At point [2], well... a dream, perhaps?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:56 am

Well, they did have brackets, and stickers!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:02 am

White tail spider!

his foot

belly rub?

Bee food

the big picture

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Werribee Zoo:

Swoop eying off a girls high school

the slight ghosting in places is the fence, i didnt quite focus behind it all the time!
cheers

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:02 am

Hubby bought himself another sprint car shell. Took advantage, ordered a new camera! Upgrading to a 7D Mark 2, which will still fit all my lenses. I realised just how many pics Iíve been taking, and had a sudden terror of my entry grade DSLR dying in the middle of Yellowstone National Park! Iíll probably take both! The difference is aside from better build in every department is 65 auto focus points instead of 9, and on burst mode, 10 frames a second, mine does 5! Itís also weather proof. Got a great deal, the mark 3 is coming out so the 2 is on clearance if you know where to look, ie online!

Cmon guys, where are all your happy posts, someone must be happy! Footy is back next week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 764, 765, 766 ... 795, 796, 797  Next
Page 765 of 797   

Jump to: