Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 761, 762, 763 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

well done Stui! it always feels good when you finish something yourself

well ive been busy busy busy, work, planning, sick kids, sick myself, but my camera still made me happy!
Firstly Beau - wring settings, wrong lens but the moment was there: he just really doesnt get this whole catch it in your gob thing, he tries to take a mark!

then i got invited to do a trial Buskers Workshop in the City with a Professional Photographer:

and today we took the jetski & SUP board to P'rtarlington & i got some practice:

shot at 400mm - it took me a while to get their confidence to get close,

slight crop on this one

cheers!

Last edited by think positive on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:57 am; edited 2 times in total
K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:32 pm

think positive wrote:
Firstly Beau - wring settings, wrong lens but the moment was there: he just really doesnt get this whole catch it in your gob thing, he tries to take a mark!

The Beau photos really made me laugh! Laughing
I probably am a sucker for dog pictures... or elephant pics.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 pm

K wrote:
think positive wrote:

The Beau photos really made me laugh! Laughing
I probably am a sucker for dog pictures... or elephant pics.

I was relieved to read the caption, as I thought initially that the first dog picture was after a trip to the taxidermist. I thought it was the strangest ornament I had ever seen.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:10 am

ha, hes a dude alright! cant catch to save his life, but destructive, oh so very destructive! He ate a pair of my prescription sunnies, and the leg off of a christmas reindeer, he pooped sparkly pooh for a week! he just started on the verticals weights, he got a smack for that one and a vocal reminder everytime he is near them! oh yeah, he chewed up a door too. ill wait until he is at least 2 til i replace that!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:35 pm

Bathroom really getting there. Finally. 3 coats of paint to the ceiling and walls above the panels really made the difference. Got a few little finishing bits to do, a bit more siliconing and paint the bath.

While I had the paint out, I gave the entry hall a makeover, came up pretty schmick.

This week to finish the bathroom and make sure the old girl is well again, then back up bush for a week to do some work there.

I'm not missing the bullshit that goes on in an office in any way, shape or form.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:08 pm

Yeah, whenever I get away from the inch-thick PowerPoint decks and the petty squabbles and politics of office life, and I paint, fix or make something, then stand back and look at the difference actually made, I wonder.... good on you. Maybe your next career move should be in renovation, rather than spreadsheets ?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:08 pm

Quality of finish is lacking. I just don't have the skill.

I'm still happy with the outcome, it cost me under $3k to do the bathroom, tradies would have cost $10k. I can live with the imperfections. Wink

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:53 pm

We drove through SC, on the way from Atlanta. The freeways there are magnificent. Decent surface, and the trucks must stay right! I’ll have. To check out that museum, thanks, the one in Indianapolis was really good. We have the first day before the sprinters at night free, so might go then. Thanks for the info. Cheers,[/quote]

Watching the Travel channel and man Vs Food. . In Raleigh North Carolina is a restaurant called The Pit that BBQs whole pig. The ribs looked fantastic. The place was packed. I was salivating all through the segment and so was Tukky. Might be worth a visit if hot dogs burgers get a bit passe

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:07 am

Cheers, I rarely eat anything pig now, (thank god for turkey bacon!) but hubby would love it! Funny, everyone seems to think you can’t eat well in the USA, it’s simply not true. It’s just there are so many temptations and super size is the serving size in most places. I’ve learnt to order starters, not entrees. Last big trip I lost 2 kg! The one thing the yanks just can’t do is coffee! Oh god their coffee is foul!
K 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:25 pm

think positive wrote:
Cheers, I rarely eat anything pig now, (thank god for turkey bacon!) but hubby would love it! Funny, everyone seems to think you can’t eat well in the USA, it’s simply not true. It’s just there are so many temptations and super size is the serving size in most places. I’ve learnt to order starters, not entrees. Last big trip I lost 2 kg! The one thing the yanks just can’t do is coffee! Oh god their coffee is foul!

And, as the CFC boys noted when they used to do the Arizona thing, everything comes with a super-sized serving of fries (clearly, because that's cheap for the food places).

Some Americans think that Starbucks is sophisticated coffee! The task is not to look overly gleeful when one tells them that Starbucks tried to move into Melbourne and went out of business because the town's full of coffee snobs. (They say, and I think it's true, that Starbucks still has a Sydney presence.)
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:12 pm

K wrote:
think positive wrote:

And, as the CFC boys noted when they used to do the Arizona thing, everything comes with a super-sized serving of fries (clearly, because that's cheap for the food places).

Some Americans think that Starbucks is sophisticated coffee! The task is not to look overly gleeful when one tells them that Starbucks tried to move into Melbourne and went out of business because the town's full of coffee snobs. (They say, and I think it's true, that Starbucks still has a Sydney presence.)

According to their website they still have stores in Melbourne, highpoint, chadstone and eastland.

https://www.starbucks.com.au/Store-Locator.php?state=VIC&stores=all

If you're not a coffee snob and just want something to help you function in the morning (like me) then you can get quick service in a starbucks by getting the drip filter coffee instead of waiting 10 minutes while they fluff around making a shit flat white

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:11 pm

A new Starbucks has also opened recently on Exhibition street, between Bourke and Lt Bourke street.

I went there yesterday and paid $6.50 for a large coffee which is a bit rich. Most joints charge around $4.50 - $5.00 for the same thing.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:
K wrote:
think positive wrote:
... The one thing the yanks just can’t do is coffee! Oh god their coffee is foul!

According to their website they still have stores in Melbourne, highpoint, chadstone and eastland.

https://www.starbucks.com.au/Store-Locator.php?state=VIC&stores=all

If you're not a coffee snob and just want something to help you function in the morning (like me) then you can get quick service in a starbucks by getting the drip filter coffee instead of waiting 10 minutes while they fluff around making a shit flat white

I wondered if I was wrong... But no: this is apparently their second attempt.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/starbucks-coffee-is-quietly-expanding-in-australia-after-humiliating-retreat-eight-years-ago/news-story/b7f136c4d78f24aaa600a3822b1e31b4

Quote:
Starbucks coffee is quietly expanding in Australia after humiliating retreat eight years ago
ITS last attempt to sell you your morning coffee failed spectacularly, but Starbucks has not been deterred. It is brewing up an Australian comeback.

Professor Paul Patterson, from the University of New South Wales’ Business School, said Starbucks’ main problem first time round was that it fundamentally misjudged Australia.

“I don’t think it was much to do with the coffee, the problem was the brand,” he told news.com.au.

“The Americans assumed that Australians would fall in love with an American brand and that just didn’t happen. Australians are not anti-American but they are anti arrogant American brands.”

President of the Cafe Owners and Baristas Association of Australia, David Barnham, said Starbucks’ success would hinge on whether they had learnt the lesson from their drubbing Down Under.

Chief among them would be that only seven per cent of Australian drink their brew black.

“The previous model of push button coffee didn’t work because Australians expect a full barista service,” Mr Barnham said. “I think a new model focusing on speciality coffees will have some success.

(Sep 30, 2016.)
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:22 pm

Some may Americans think that Starbucks is sophisticated coffee, but not all.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:47 pm

Standard American coffee is shit, but it works.

it helps that I actually quite like drip filter coffee. If I was ever going to go postal, pull out a semi auto and hose down a crowd, it wouldn't be a school it would be the queue to get a coffee in Melbourne after listening to all the pretentious wankers making their pretentious orders.

The world would be a better place afterwards

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 761, 762, 763 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 762 of 866   

Jump to: