Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The disappointing thing about de Goey is that after last year we would have hoped that he would have kept himself clean. He has risked his career and its his fault. Don't blame anyone for hanging him out to dry - he's done that himself. It's careless, club killing behaviour. There's likely to be other stuff he's done that isn't public , so it's best to trust the club with the severity if the penalty. They have left the door open for round one, so he's lucky that's still on the table.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:23 pm

mudlark wrote:
think positive wrote:
mudlark wrote:
think positive wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Leggie wrote:
He screwed up.
Kick his arse.
Fine him.
Suspend him.
Then move on.

Go Pies

SUSPEND him??? Why?So he can screw our entire season like last year and bring him back when it's all over rover? Hit him on the head, hard,fine him,LOT'S and put him on a first and final.Screw up again and you're gone from the club.Collingwood cut their nose off to spite their face last year and people laughed out loud at how stupid we were for "Upholding our moral values"??? while all the other clubs stars were given the the rap on the knuckles and a fine.Any talk of suspension is ludicrous and would show how stupid we actually are,nowt the way we are perceived.

actually i like what the club as done here - in times where he might have got the nod if it was 50/50, he now wont, and in light of goldsack saying hes not as fit as he should be, i reckon hes really going to have to wake up to himself. well done pies
Good for you.but I believe you dislike the club enough to actually like this garbage. The chief of traffic police said he is almost dumbstruck at the treatment he is getting in the media and that his punishment by the law would be as harsh as it gets.

what the absolute **** is that! seriously, grow up!
You're telling me to WHAT? grow up.I was watching hard men play footy before you were even thought of girlie.You click and cluck with glee at our own when they stuff top,as mere mortals do and then try and tell us you're a loyal supporter. I think I saw through you a long while ago.

That is utter crap and I have no idea where your coming from

there is absolutely no glee from me here, I am extremely disappointed with De Goeys actions. For many reasons. But look back to my post after the punishment was announced. Well done Collingwood, hopefully the kid comes out and shows up what he’s got, because he has bucket loads of talent. I’m excited.and I said exactly the same on the tavern post.

Yeah, that’s me shitting on my club and it’s players. You are so very wrong here.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:25 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
The disappointing thing about de Goey is that after last year we would have hoped that he would have kept himself clean. He has risked his career and its his fault. Don't blame anyone for hanging him out to dry - he's done that himself. It's careless, club killing behaviour. There's likely to be other stuff he's done that isn't public , so it's best to trust the club with the severity if the penalty. They have left the door open for round one, so he's lucky that's still on the table.

Exactly

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:52 pm

I think there is more to the harshness of the punishment than what the general public and supporters know about.
If it was as simple as a DUI then he would have been dealt with than this.
Even adding to his hand issue from 2017 the punishment seemed a little over the top.
I'm guessing but there has obviously been some other issues over the term of his time at the club that have been noted by the club dealt with in house but this may have well been the straw that broke the camels back.
In today's 24/7 news cycle and the advent of social media clubs and therefore sponsors view issues with players so much differently than that was even 5 years ago.
JDG has obvious talent but that mightn't be enough for him to have a long and fulfilled AFL career.
By the sounds of it he's a bit of a lad which in the past we all put down to being a character a bit like Swanny in his early days.
Eddie spoke of always dreading a 3am phone call when Swanny was at his "social" best because he knew there wouldn't be good news coming from the other end.
The rat pack were infamous for there behaviour but got the job done on the field
Today the player who's a bit of a lad is now known as a rat bag and very replaceable in the view of clubs and the AFL.
Let's all hope that JDG can see his way forward to having a great career
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:02 pm

think positive wrote:
mudlark wrote:
think positive wrote:
mudlark wrote:
think positive wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Leggie wrote:
He screwed up.
Kick his arse.
Fine him.
Suspend him.
Then move on.

Go Pies

SUSPEND him??? Why?So he can screw our entire season like last year and bring him back when it's all over rover? Hit him on the head, hard,fine him,LOT'S and put him on a first and final.Screw up again and you're gone from the club.Collingwood cut their nose off to spite their face last year and people laughed out loud at how stupid we were for "Upholding our moral values"??? while all the other clubs stars were given the the rap on the knuckles and a fine.Any talk of suspension is ludicrous and would show how stupid we actually are,nowt the way we are perceived.

actually i like what the club as done here - in times where he might have got the nod if it was 50/50, he now wont, and in light of goldsack saying hes not as fit as he should be, i reckon hes really going to have to wake up to himself. well done pies
Good for you.but I believe you dislike the club enough to actually like this garbage. The chief of traffic police said he is almost dumbstruck at the treatment he is getting in the media and that his punishment by the law would be as harsh as it gets.

You're telling me to WHAT? grow up.I was watching hard men play footy before you were even thought of girlie.You click and cluck with glee at our own when they stuff top,as mere mortals do and then try and tell us you're a loyal supporter. I think I saw through you a long while ago.

there is absolutely no glee from me here, I am extremely disappointed with De Goeys actions. For many reasons. But look back to my post after the punishment was announced. Well done Collingwood, hopefully the kid comes out and shows up what he’s got, because he has bucket loads of talent. I’m excited.and I said exactly the same on the tavern post.

Yeah, that’s me shitting on my club and it’s players. You are so very wrong here.
"""actually i like what the club as done here"".This statement would suggest otherwise for mine.And Tyson Goldsack should keep his mouth shut and keep things in house if he has comments to make about other players.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:07 pm

I am glad to hear it. [quoteRudeBoy][quotePiesnchess][quoteRudeBoy]he or she don't think he's?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:20 pm

swoop42 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
The more I think about this the more I'm pissed off at our club. They have demonised and pilloried this kid beyond a joke. Sure, he needed mentoring, to see a psychologist, to get a job for a few weeks, and to spend some time doing charitable work with those far less fortunate than himself. He probably needed to acknowledge he needed to stop mixing with his boozy mates. But to fine him $20,000 and ban him indefinitely, for something non football related, which has already been dealt with by the police, is a disgrace. The AFL-PA is pathetic for allowing a young player to be bullied and marginalised this way.

Seriously, I'm now convinced that our club is led by a bunch of imbeciles who are so weak and insecure, that they are more interested in sucking up to pisshead journos than really caring about the welfare of Jordan. They pretend its all about his welfare, but the punishments handed out are all about protecting their 'brand'.

Sadly, I reckon our club has completely lost the $£$%^%%$ plot. There are too many 'suits' running our club, whose main concern seems to be to look after their own careers and financial interests. This episode has just about made me lose interest in the season ahead. Side by side used to mean something.

You or I may not know all of the indiscretions that de Goey has made but that doesn't mean the club isn't fully aware of his continual poor lifestyle choices, this was merely the latest and this time it became public property.

Honestly some of you are acting like people don't go out of their way to hide bad behaviour they don't want family, friends or employers to know about and every instance of inappropriate conduct should have been recorded and uploaded to Youtube so we could've kept count and decided if the punishment was fair.

So basically you can accept what most of us have concluded which is the club has been concerned with Jordan's application to being a professional athlete for quite sometime now or the only times he's been out drunk in public in the last 12 months have resulted in a broken hand from a fight and drunk driving and he's the unluckiest individual on planet earth.

I know what sounds the more plausible to me.

I can well believe that there is more to this than we know about. Clearly the kid has some behavioural issues, chiefly around grog, which are threatening to derail his footy career. My problem with the club is that they seem to be preoccupied with punishment as the solution, seemingly ignoring the fact that the police have already penalised him. Judging by most Nicksters, it seems this knee jerk reaction from our club is a popular one. However, I think it's an immature and potentially damaging approach. The kid needs guidance, he needs mentoring, he needs to get off the grog, and he needs to develop some humility by spending time working with those less fortunate, so he can develop some perspective. Time spent with a good psychologist might be beneficial too. Basically, this is a kid who needs support and guidance, not a kick in the guts. The last thing we should be doing is marginalising him from his teammates by banning him from training with our team. I guess only time will tell whether this draconian approach by our club was justified. I fear it may do more harm than good.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:37 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
However, I think it's an immature and potentially damaging approach. The kid needs guidance, he needs mentoring, he needs to get off the grog, and he needs to develop some humility by spending time working with those less fortunate, so he can develop some perspective. Time spent with a good psychologist might be beneficial too. Basically, this is a kid who needs support and guidance, not a kick in the guts. The last thing we should be doing is marginalising him from his teammates by banning him from training with our team. I guess only time will tell whether this draconian approach by our club was justified. I fear it may do more harm than good.

In practical terms, he cannot train with the senior list, because they train when he is working on the construction site. He can train with the VFL boys, because they have regular jobs and train at night.

He was not excluded from the photo shoot. He may also appear tonight (we'll soon find out). He was reported previously to have done a weights session with Howe a few days ago. I don't think his teammates are shunning him, but they may be mad at him.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:42 pm

mudlark wrote:
think positive wrote:
mudlark wrote:
think positive wrote:
mudlark wrote:
think positive wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Leggie wrote:
He screwed up.
Kick his arse.
Fine him.
Suspend him.
Then move on.

Go Pies

"""actually i like what the club as done here"".This statement would suggest otherwise for mine.And Tyson Goldsack should keep his mouth shut and keep things in house if he has comments to make about other players.

the mind truly boggles! so ill try just once more. YOUR post is slamming the club for "cutting their nose off to spite their face'', And i said "Actually i like what they have done here" Hint, thats me sticking up for the club! And for DeGoey. The kid has talent, ive said it all along, and he needs a bloody good wake up call to get his arse into gear.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:47 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
The more I think about this the more I'm pissed off at our club. They have demonised and pilloried this kid beyond a joke. Sure, he needed mentoring, to see a psychologist, to get a job for a few weeks, and to spend some time doing charitable work with those far less fortunate than himself. He probably needed to acknowledge he needed to stop mixing with his boozy mates. But to fine him $20,000 and ban him indefinitely, for something non football related, which has already been dealt with by the police, is a disgrace. The AFL-PA is pathetic for allowing a young player to be bullied and marginalised this way.

Seriously, I'm now convinced that our club is led by a bunch of imbeciles who are so weak and insecure, that they are more interested in sucking up to pisshead journos than really caring about the welfare of Jordan. They pretend its all about his welfare, but the punishments handed out are all about protecting their 'brand'.

Sadly, I reckon our club has completely lost the $£$%^%%$ plot. There are too many 'suits' running our club, whose main concern seems to be to look after their own careers and financial interests. This episode has just about made me lose interest in the season ahead. Side by side used to mean something.

You or I may not know all of the indiscretions that de Goey has made but that doesn't mean the club isn't fully aware of his continual poor lifestyle choices, this was merely the latest and this time it became public property.

Honestly some of you are acting like people don't go out of their way to hide bad behaviour they don't want family, friends or employers to know about and every instance of inappropriate conduct should have been recorded and uploaded to Youtube so we could've kept count and decided if the punishment was fair.

So basically you can accept what most of us have concluded which is the club has been concerned with Jordan's application to being a professional athlete for quite sometime now or the only times he's been out drunk in public in the last 12 months have resulted in a broken hand from a fight and drunk driving and he's the unluckiest individual on planet earth.

I know what sounds the more plausible to me.

I can well believe that there is more to this than we know about. Clearly the kid has some behavioural issues, chiefly around grog, which are threatening to derail his footy career. My problem with the club is that they seem to be preoccupied with punishment as the solution, seemingly ignoring the fact that the police have already penalised him. Judging by most Nicksters, it seems this knee jerk reaction from our club is a popular one. However, I think it's an immature and potentially damaging approach. The kid needs guidance, he needs mentoring, he needs to get off the grog, and he needs to develop some humility by spending time working with those less fortunate, so he can develop some perspective. Time spent with a good psychologist might be beneficial too. Basically, this is a kid who needs support and guidance, not a kick in the guts. The last thing we should be doing is marginalising him from his teammates by banning him from training with our team. I guess only time will tell whether this draconian approach by our club was justified. I fear it may do more harm than good.

I see your point but this is his second big stuff up.As K said, he cant train while he is at work. And im guessing even a week of labouring in this weather is gonig to be enough to give him a bit of a nudge of the juice.

Actually a lot of what you say is happening: working with a charity for instance, So which bit s really upset you? They have said when he shows enough effort hes back in the team, there is no time line on it. cheers

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:31 am

We're not talking here about full time work versus full time football. A bit of landscaping work won't hurt De Goey just as jobs outside football, or partaking in university studies, doesn't hurt other footballers. The charity work is good as well as it gets the footballers in touch with the community and teaches them a bit of humility which is needed to prevent them getting big headed.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:04 pm

Jordan De Goey (lightly edited) wrote:
The year didn’t start out the way I wanted it to.

It's a disappointing way to start the season that’s for sure but I'm taking away a lot of things I never knew about my public image and how much I actually have to lose.

When you have something important to you taken away so abruptly, it makes you appreciate it all the more.

Being on the sidelines reaffirms how much I love playing footy each week and makes me realise how I really do have the best job in the world. I’m greedy to perform again.

I mentioned previously that I need to earn the trust of the club back
... It’s about putting your head down, training hard and playing good footy.

As long as you’re supporting your teammates on and off the field, that’s all they really want. It's never going to happen overnight but I'd be pretty happy if everyone moves on now.

I feel I’m a lot more balanced than previously. I undertook carpentry at the Trade Institute of Victoria, which has helped my work-life balance — I was never going to be one to sit in an office all day.

It’s been a hell of a ride so far and one my family and friends have enjoyed, too. ...

Everything I do is to make them proud and hopefully there’s a lot more to come in the future.

Thoughts??
Sincere words from JDG?

Okay, I cheated a bit, but only a bit. That was the light editing: mainly turning some past tenses into present tenses.

Here's the link:
http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/players-voice-jordan-de-goey/

It's dated Aug 11, 2017.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Treloar wants him back for round 1. I like it. Start sewing the seeds and let all the outside bitching and moaning (and some inside probably) begin. If it’s
Likely get some of it out of the way as early as possible.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:27 pm

Impressive ! I couldn’t have scripted it any better myself.
The reality is, we will know a lot more in a year or two.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:37 pm

I’d play him in round 1. Stuff the outside noise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 80 of 301   

Jump to: