Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Batman by-election

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, Stui - I just saw this - why thieve a Lambo when you can get your own brand new one for $115 (although, I should say real Lambos aren't white):

http://www.msn.com/en-au/money/personalfinance/this-crypto-millionaire-bought-a-lamborghini-for-dollar115-thanks-to-bitcoin/ar-BBIQeC7?li=AAgfLCP&ocid=iehp
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:13 am

I found this an interesting summary of the Greens' current situation – steadily gaining ground in Melbourne, but losing votes in the rest of the country:

http://insidestory.org.au/will-the-greens-rebound-in-batman/

Quote:
At the 2016 federal election, the Greens polled 15.5 per cent of the vote right across Melbourne, compared with 9 per cent in Sydney, 11.3 per cent in Brisbane, 12.3 per cent in Perth, and just 7.1 per cent in Adelaide (the Xenophon effect). They retained the seat of Melbourne easily, came very close to winning Melbourne Ports (0.6 per cent) and Batman (1.0 per cent), got within dreaming distance in Wills (4.9 per cent), and even went half-way to their implausible goal of taking the Liberal seat of Higgins (8 per cent).

It’s an astonishing contrast. In the rest of Australia, the only seat where they even got within dreaming distance was way up north in Richmond (where a 4.9 per cent swing from Labor would give them the seat). Yet in Melbourne, they might well have won a second seat had they focused on Melbourne Ports instead of Higgins. They now have a roughly even chance of taking Batman — and depending on how the Victorian redistribution goes, they could go into the next election with a real chance of winning four inner-Melbourne seats.

The Greens began as a Tasmanian party, then linked up with sister parties in Sydney and Perth and went national. Yet now their core territory has become inner Melbourne, and their chances of expansion are concentrated there.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:07 am

Labor retains Batman.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-17/labor-to-hold-batman,-antony-green-predicts/9559470

Liberals claim victory in the SA election after 16 years of Labor in government.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-17/follow-sa-election-results-live-after-polls-closed/9555250

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:55 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Anyway, Stui - I just saw this - why thieve a Lambo when you can get your own brand new one for $115 (although, I should say real Lambos aren't white):

http://www.msn.com/en-au/money/personalfinance/this-crypto-millionaire-bought-a-lamborghini-for-dollar115-thanks-to-bitcoin/ar-BBIQeC7?li=AAgfLCP&ocid=iehp

Gees that’s a read and a half! I thought bitcoins were just for really annoying junk mail!interesting stuff. Good on the kid. But your right, red black and yellow the only acceptable colours,

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Labor also had a swing towards them, Greens lost a seat in Tassie, maybe there's hope for the country yet.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Meanwhile the Libs win government in SA and the X man is now the Ex man.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:22 pm

think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Gees that’s a read and a half! I thought bitcoins were just for really annoying junk mail!interesting stuff. Good on the kid. But your right, red black and yellow the only acceptable colours,

Lime green is ok, too - but only for the cut price models (like, say, the Gallardo).
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Meanwhile the Libs win government in SA and the X man is now the Ex man.

Good! He was an absolute peanut!

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Not sure if anyone noticed, but our own Stephen Patterson has just been elected the Member for Morphett in yesterdays S.A. state election.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:04 pm

Keeping a spot warm for Blairy?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:38 am

I would suggest the ALP won because many ALP voters that switched to the Greens did so because they did not like the ALP's direction but could never vote for the LNP. Those ALP voters that switched to the Greens, a percentage (enough to win the Batman) switched back due to the Greens voting with the LNP. The Greens ignored History, the Dems sided with the LNP and that was the end of them.

As for SA, 5 terms for any Government is a tough ask. They get a change now and will the LNP slash and burn and blame the opposition or learn and be a 1 term party or learn from Queensland? Both major parties can spin their rhetoric abut the positives and in saying that the Greens best find a new leader and a new direction as they are fast becoming irrelevant.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:40 pm

I know this is old news, but can I just briefly vent about this? Greens members sabotaging their own candidate and possibly killing the party’s chances of ever becoming a lower-house force; voters getting sucked in by a Labor careerist’s promises to be a ‘progressive voice in the caucus’ (let’s see: a) yeah right; b) if she was so indispensable, she – only the head of the bloody AWU and all – would have obviously been parachuted into some safe seat next time around); and Richard Di Natale losing the plot and trying to outflank Labor on the right on baby-boomer tax increases just before the election. And so we return to the same old smug two-party duopoly, looking out for their mates and keeping their vision of Australia’s future to a (if we’re lucky) three-year cycle. So much for “the light on the hill”.

On the plus side, I made my first ever bet in my life* by putting $40 on Labor winning, and got $100 back (plus a bonus bet, which I put on Hawthorn beating us and got $40 more!). I kind of felt like Judas collecting his 30 pieces of silver, but, hey, had to find a silver lining somehow. :/

*with someone other than Stui. Embarassed

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:20 pm

You should slap yourself!

You can play with politics but not Collingwood!

Gees your back with a bang I thought you were trying to get a full house!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:45 am

More flow on from the Greens Voting with the LNP. https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/etu-victoria-branch-returns-to-the-labor-party-fold-20180521-p4zglc.html
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:58 am

Tough time for the Greens right now – kind of feel like next election could start sending them the way of the Democrats if things go really pear-shaped. So disappointing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: