Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day: AFLX. Pies v. Crows and Eagles - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KellyD33P 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought Aish was first class tonight, Sidey and crispy looked pretty good to. Stephenson n Magden showed a few strengths and weakness'..... Blair played to his standard. Was an interesting night of im not to sure what yet. Was more enjoyable than i expected, little win to the afl. Didnt like the strict disposal rules, seemed like a few got punished for getting rid of the ball appropriately, didnt read that in the small rule summary we were given. GO PIES
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:28 am

Don't care about the results would have been surprised if we had trained or even devoted any time to these games at all.
The style required to win in this isn't what will win games in the regular season so who cares really.
Other than Aish who actually played quite well and the debutants who looked OK the remainder of our players basically went through the motions.
Biggest win of the night
No injuries to our players expecting to play round 1
Now that's a win !!
Seth 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:00 am

All it did was confirm for me that Blair can't play any version of the game anymore. Some of his fumbles were legendary. Still very confused as to why he is still on our list and some good tall defenders are not.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:17 am

Didn’t watch all the games but what stood out to me was the no stoppages. Free flowing fast footy where the tackler is rewarded. Bring this into the real stuff pls.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:05 am

Gault was our standout on the night.
magman29 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:32 am

Utter crap ... wont watch again....... this is just my opinion.. stick with the pre season comp
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:43 am

Cookers, all of them!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:58 am

Seth wrote:
All it did was confirm for me that Blair can't play any version of the game anymore. Some of his fumbles were legendary. Still very confused as to why he is still on our list and some good tall defenders are not.

Or Broomhead OR Smith??? For all the same reasons.Some of Broomhead's pullouts and disposals were an embarrassment
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:06 am

Seth wrote:

Because Bucks for some Reason Loves Him Rolling Eyes

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:56 pm

if any of you played AFL as a kid, this is what is called "circle work" at training.

In 1 wing, out the other.

No contests, no high marking. everything our game offers that others dont...

glorified training drill. If this is what the AFL wants to market to other countries, may as well just show them Gaelic football.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:09 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
if any of you played AFL as a kid, this is what is called "circle work" at training.

If this is what the AFL wants to market to other countries, may as well just show them Gaelic football.

I've been informed that, in the years since I was a kid, "circle work" has taken on a different meaning.

Speaking of Gaelic football, I think the international rules hybrid game we have with our Irish friends is far, far superior to AFLX.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:22 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-02-16/stephenson-starts-with-a-bang

Not convinced all of those kicks were spinning exactly how they should have been (but the zooper was)...
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:29 pm

K wrote:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-02-16/stephenson-starts-with-a-bang

Not convinced all of those kicks were spinning exactly how they should have been (but the zooper was)...

Well a Knock on Him Pre-Draft that his Ball Drop could be better. When he gets it Right he looks Fantastic but when he Dosen't the Ball could go anywhere

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:56 am

I've kept watching the other games simply to see if I could find a way of liking the format but really can't get used to it.
Some teams have adapted well to it some haven't
We picked a very young inexperienced side which is wise no point risking our guns in something that has no upside for the season proper.
Other than our skill level being found wanting the biggest difference between us and the more successful sides was one glaring thing leadership.
We had nil leadership
Other than Maynard actually doing some pointing and yelling there was no one else showing any guidance or leadership for the young inexperienced players.
We knew when we saw the selected side we weren't that interested in actually winning this format but I thought it was a good chance to give game time to Stephenson and alike and would give the opportunity for Sidey to really lead the young players
Lucky this counts for nothing if it was season proper I would be really worried by what I saw
The upside was Stephenson has some wheels and skills. He needs to improve on a few things but he looks ok at this stage
Aish played well and looked comfortable up forward might be a opening there for him to be a goal sneak
Crisp had moment both good and bad he's learning slowly in some ways but when he gets it right it's good
Maynard really needs work on his disposal but he makes up for some errors with his hardness and effort
The rest seemed to go through the motions without really showing any thing to get excited about
K 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:20 pm

I was going to say I didn't notice Flip and ask if anyone saw him. But I just saw it reported that he pulled out because of illness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: